Tacos & Salsa Restaurant

bkkpartyguy

Went to Tacos & Salsa restaurant last night on Sukhumvit Soi 18 ..has authentic Mexican food .. and the Owner Jorge is a great host ..

It is a small eatery on an open terrace next to a larger restaurant ,, when you enter soi 18 there is a large Toyota/Lexus dealership on your left and diagonally opposite there is a small side soi .. the eatery is right on the corner .. the reason for the location details are that i walked past it twice .. so if you have a yearning for some genuine Mex food . give him a try ...

Went and was a bit dissappointed. Just had a couple of beers, some burritos, chips + guac, and finished with some quesadillas. 700-ish. Usually could care less about the cost of eating anywhere, but couldn't help but think I should have just walked further down the soi to Senor Pico's or walked back down Sukhumvit to Sunrise Tacos. This place feels like it's in some kind of Mexican food limbo... I suppose being located on the unused space of a tourist trap Indian restaurant doesn't help.

:o

Good luck to Jorge. We should be happy that some people are still willing to make a go at opening a Mexican restaurant in Thailand. I will visit several times before rendering judgment. He added al pastor tacos to his menu recently, and that's comfort food in my book. If its even "just as good as Sunrise", that is an improvement in Mexican cuisine options in Bangkok.

Joined their facebook which gives updates on specials and such. Haven't tried it yet, but it is on ChefsXP and should be available soon if not already. It sounds promising so I hope it's an improvement to bangkoks lackluster mexi choices.