Proof Of 40k Baht Income For Extension (marriage Based)

A very warm "Hello" to you all.

Hoping for some help. :o

I have been married to a Thai for several years now but have never used marriage as the reason for extension of stay. Reason being, always held a WP so extensions based on that.

I now work in Lagos, Nigeria where my salary is paid directly into my Kasikorn Bank (single account)

Do I still have to provide some sort of letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok as proof of income? Or do you think that my current bank-book should be sufficient?

The problem with the bank-book is that it only shows my salary as "International Transfer" and therefore not necessarily shown as a salary income.

Any advice appreciated.

Yes, proof of income is required. A bank statement doesn't say it is from an income or from savings.

Go to your embassy for the letter a couple of days before applying at immigration.

Note that under the new rules you can also use a Thai bankaccount showing 400,000 baht for at least 2 months before applying to get an extension based on marriage.

go to your embassy and ask for income verification letter and they will ask you to swear it is true take your fee and stamp it with their seal and you are out of there , and you can go 30 days before you go to immigration to get visa . just that simple and you are out of there and on your way home , don't sweat the small stuff grand-pa

A friend of mine has money transferred into his Thai bank account every month from Switzerland and the immigration accepts this in NongKhai. Maybe different offices have different rules.

One question tho, if you are working in Nigeria, why do you want an extension of stay in Thailand?

go to your embassy and ask for income verification letter and they will ask you to swear it is true take your fee and stamp it with their seal and you are out of there , and you can go 30 days before you go to immigration to get visa . just that simple and you are out of there and on your way home , don't sweat the small stuff grand-pa

That is only true for some embassies, like the US-embassy. Not for the British embassy.

That is only true for some embassies, like the US-embassy. Not for the British embassy.

Yes. Most Embassies require proof on income.