Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As reported months ago

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history, Gulf Arabs are planning -- along with China, Russia, Japan, and France -- to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold, and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-Operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, and Qatar.

Dear Naam,

I am delighted to provide you with a copy of the new UBS global outlook for the fourth quarter of 2009 entitled, "The tough climb continues," which provides you with a comprehensive analysis of the global macroeconomic outlook, key investments views, and important financial market risks.

We are well aware that our findings are nothing but bullshit and that sooner or later the prophecies of apocalyptic doom&gloom riders will come true. But until then let's party!

Signs of a revival in economic activity continued to emerge throughout the third quarter, providing a catalyst for further gains in financial markets. Stabilization and improvement in the economic outlook are likely to underpin risky assets during the fourth quarter. Despite the impressive performance within financial markets since early March, valuations of most risky assets have not yet run ahead of economic fundamentals – even if we assume a rather shallow and anemic recovery.

– Economic upturn to continue, despite structural risks

– Government bond yields to move higher

– Corporate bonds attractive despite impressive run

– Economic and earnings recovery to underpin equities

– Commodity prices have room to rise

– Carry trades and fundamentals weigh on US dollar

As ever, we are eager to discuss the implications of our analyses on your personal situation and specific investments and to provide you with any further information you may desire. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact your CA.

Sincerely,

UBS Wealth Management Research (APAC)

QUESTION

is " misleading the public " any less serious than " telling a bare faced lie

to the public " ? And as public servants at that time why are these people not facing prosecution ?

If the watchdog cannot or does not act on this finding ......there lies out real problem as a society

Just like the banks are " too big to fail " .....are these people " too senior to be prosecuted " ? :)

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and former Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. misled the public about the financial weakness of Bank of America and other early recipients of the government’s $700 billion Wall Street bailout, creating “unrealistic expectations” about the companies and damaging the program’s credibility, according to a report by the program’s independent watchdog.

http://www.congresscheck.com/2009/10/05/st...ic-on-bailouts/

QUESTION

is " misleading the public " any less serious than " telling a bare faced lie

to the public " ? And as public servants at that time why are these people not facing prosecution ?

If the watchdog cannot or does not act on this finding ......there lies out real problem as a society

Just like the banks are " too big to fail " .....are these people " too senior to be prosecuted " ? :)

Sadly too few seem to care about the constitution these days.

We know even now that without a doubt none shall ever be prosecuted.

Look at what has occurred this year & look at how many have been tried & jailed :D

It is as if it never occurred at all. Folks just do not have a firm grasp on the creation of money. They do not realize their futures are being sold down the river in the greatest transfer of wealth of all time.

Same as they never noticed their freedoms being infringed on & taken away under Bush & the supposed war on TERROR !!! Now with Department of Homeland Security & the patriot act <sic> They use the same BS rules to enslave anyone who speaks up as they use to keep over 800 in Guantanamo.

The only real hope is a complete failure of this system, Either that or the alternatives...........

Edited by flying

As reported months ago

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history...

yada... yada... yada... i will not tell the source of this information :D

here we go:

Citing unidentified sources, the paper said Gulf Arab states were in secret talks with Russia, China, Japan and France to replace the dollar with a basket of currencies and gold for trading in oil within nine years. :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20091006?rpc=44

QUESTION

is " misleading the public " any less serious than " telling a bare faced lie to the public " ? And as public servants at that time why are these people not facing prosecution ? If the watchdog cannot or does not act on this finding ......there lies out real problem as a society Just like the banks are " too big to fail " .....are these people " too senior to be prosecuted " ? :)

since when are lies told by politicians (or by anyone) criminal offences that can be prosecuted? Issaan ricefield justice? Pattaya bar stool penal code? :D

QUESTION

is " misleading the public " any less serious than " telling a bare faced lie to the public " ? And as public servants at that time why are these people not facing prosecution ? If the watchdog cannot or does not act on this finding ......there lies out real problem as a society Just like the banks are " too big to fail " .....are these people " too senior to be prosecuted " ? :)

since when are lies told by politicians (or by anyone) criminal offences that can be prosecuted? Issaan ricefield justice? Pattaya bar stool penal code? :D

People seem to like the lies that are beneficial to them but don't like the lies they see as detrimental to themselves.

here we go:

Citing unidentified sources, the paper said Gulf Arab states were in secret talks with Russia, China, Japan and France to replace the dollar with a basket of currencies and gold for trading in oil within nine years. :)

and here

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aM.080abc3bw

and here

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leadi...er-1798200.html

and here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business...ar-1798175.html

The Aussies have come to their senses and have raised interest rates

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aHjK0Sv9m074

Reserve Bank Governor Glenn Stevens increased the overnight cash rate target to 3.25 percent from 3 percent in Sydney today.

As reported months ago

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history...

yada... yada... yada... i will not tell the source of this information :D

here we go:

that mustave strained the brain

QUESTION

That depends if the information which is the subject of this claim these people " misled the public " was covered in any of the many

hearings these two guys have been attending over the past 12 months in either a Congressional or Senate hearing ? If so, I am sure a

switched on attorney could at least make a strong case if there was the will to do so.

" It is illegal to lie to Congress during “any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee,

subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate.” The penalty

is five years in prison, unless the matter deals with terrorism, in which case the penalty is eight years."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/usc...01----000-.html

I would like to argue Bernanke and Paulson were involved in financial terrorism and be imprisoned for 8 years !

If they wait 9 years there will be nothing left to save

The funny thing that is rarely talked about....

Not since Rep Paul Kanjorski let it slip is this.....

On Thursday (Sept 18 [2008]), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there.

What was the true cause of it? What is to stop it from occurring again?

The original clip of him where he states the above about 2:20 minutes into the clip.

Then listen to the last 10 seconds. That somebody who threw us into the Atlantic Ocean without a life raft....Ok who?

Edited by flying

Here's an article from the past by Ron Paul.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul303.html

Although I find it sometimes tiresome that the fortune tellers, or, in this case, foretellers of doom, come back and say, "I told you so", it does tie a few things together.

Alex has gone remarkably quiet recently. The "six of nine" and "eight of twelve" following the dots predictions for September seem to have been lost in the general background noise, or did I miss something enormous?

Here's an article from the past by Ron Paul.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul303.html

Although I find it sometimes tiresome that the fortune tellers, or, in this case, foretellers of doom, come back and say, "I told you so", it does tie a few things together.

Alex has gone remarkably quiet recently. The "six of nine" and "eight of twelve" following the dots predictions for September seem to have been lost in the general background noise, or did I miss something enormous?

:) I'm not sure what the point is if you don't put your money where your mouth is. That said that gap in the S&P 500 at 906 is gonna get filled sooner or later.

On Thursday (Sept 18 [2008]), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there.

1. What was the true cause of it?

2. What is to stop it from occurring again?

1. the "true cause" is known since a full year worldwide, i explained it (twice i think), but for the umpteenth time you keep on asking "why?". investors pulled money from money market funds because their cash was spread amongst banks which they feared to go belly-up like Lehman. a logical and rational reaction.

2. nothing can stop it if it occurs again. to the best of my knowledge money market funds are not FDIC covered.

Pattaya bar stool penal code?

Shurly shome mishtake? :):D :D

i hesitated to write "penile code" :D

exactly Naam ! and it is this kind of indifference to holding

people responsible for what they have done

and even ayour " bugger you I am alright in Pattaya " attitude

( you have shown throughout the life of this thread )

that future generations will absolutely condemn :D

Pattaya bar stool penal code?

Shurly shome mishtake? :):D :D

i hesitated to write "penile code" :D

exactly Naam ! and it is this kind of indifference to holding people responsible for what they have done and even ayour " bugger you I am alright in Pattaya " attitude ( you have shown throughout the life of this thread ) that future generations will absolutely condemn :D

present as well as future generations are cordially invited to kiss my àss in case they condemn my attitude or my way of life. but they have to draw a number and line up with great patience as the waiting line of people who can kiss my àss is very long :D

next!

The original clip of him where he states the above about 2:20 minutes into the clip.

Then listen to the last 10 seconds. That somebody who threw us into the Atlantic Ocean without a life raft....Ok who?

still looking at thee vents around then,, BUT it SURE is interesting to look at the gold price charts from Jan 08 thru till today,,, goldprice.org

from 850- peroz mid sept down to 750peroz around 18th then back to 950peroz moid Oct then crashing to 720peroz mid Nov and since thnits hit $1000peroz and mostly stayed there.

Gee i wonder if anyone was making any money ? Now we know where all the stolen billions went - Ah Ha But seriously take alook :)

still looking at thee vents around then,, BUT it SURE is interesting to look at the gold price charts from Jan 08 thru till today,,, goldprice.org

from 850- peroz mid sept down to 750peroz around 18th then back to 950peroz moid Oct then crashing to 720peroz mid Nov and since thnits hit $1000peroz and mostly stayed there.

Gee i wonder if anyone was making any money ? Now we know where all the stolen billions went - Ah Ha But seriously take alook :)

Look what Gold did on the day AIG got payed last year. Moonshot, then back down.

A coupe of clips from the "Financial Crisis"

Maersk Line seeks UK and Danish job cuts

Box giant abandons hope of early economic upturn and initiates voluntary jobs cull for 280 officers

http://www.maritimemoves.com/ll/news/maers...54494692828.htm

Not sure if this one is relevant but the cow and riot police picture kills me:

European Farmers’ Anger Spills Into the Streets of Brussels

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/business.../06milk.html?em