• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone was wondering about h1n1 a few pages back. (was it this thread?)

Here's an interactive up to date (daily) global map. Knock yourselves out. :)

http://flutracker.rhizalabs.com/

Regards.

and if they did a similar graph showing normal flu it would go off the graph.too much is being made of this swine flu imho,so the pharma co's.can get money back from respective govts.for their outlay and production.the next thing will be mandatory vaccination,and for all those that go and get done,good luck i say.

Someone was wondering about h1n1 a few pages back. (was it this thread?)

Here's an interactive up to date (daily) global map. Knock yourselves out. :D

http://flutracker.rhizalabs.com/

Regards.

and if they did a similar graph showing normal flu it would go off the graph.too much is being made of this swine flu imho,so the pharma co's.can get money back from respective govts.for their outlay and production.the next thing will be mandatory vaccination,and for all those that go and get done,good luck i say.

Funny you should mention that samui :D

the reason i mentioned this in this thread in the first place is this like the

Banksters its about multi billion dollar profits :D

I get the same gut feeling about this subject that something isnt right as i do when i watch Bernanke and Geithner being interviewed :)

Yes I would demand the right to refuse to have someone give me this vaccine until i know 100% that it is safe - but many are saying it is not safe.

Please listen to this phone call to the Arkansas Department of Health Legal Counsel about the right

to refuse and make up your own mind :D

somehow i missed how swine flu vaccinations are connected to or influence the financial crisis (which is the topic of this thread if i'm not completely mistaken).

:)

Oh I am sorry if its not as interesting as " your boring lunch break. Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires are only separated by the Rio de Oro (or was it de la Plata?). whatever... fact = in these times german sausage was rather fresh and less shrivelled than nowadays. " which of course is directly related to the financial crisis :D

Edited by midas

somehow i missed how swine flu vaccinations are connected to or influence the financial crisis (which is the topic of this thread if i'm not completely mistaken).

Oh I am sorry if its not as interesting as " your boring lunch break. Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires are only separated by the Rio de Oro (or was it de la Plata?). whatever... fact = in these times german sausage was rather fresh and less shrivelled than nowadays. " which of course is directly related to the financial crisis :D

swine flu IS interesting. unfortunately you didn't take my bait and repeat the nonsensical insinuations you made some months ago :D

anyway, this thread has run its course until we see the next phase of the crisis. and that won't take too long.

swine flu IS interesting. unfortunately you didn't take my bait and repeat the nonsensical insinuations you made some months ago :D

anyway, this thread has run its course until we see the next phase of the crisis. and that won't take too long.

What in your view is a " nonsensical insinuation "? That these vaccinations will be deemed mandatory for everyone over the next few weeks

or that even medically trained employees consider them to be unsafe? :D

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

NY Nurses to Rally Against Mandatory H1N1 Vaccinations

MELVILLE, N.Y. - Health care workers from across New York plan to rally next week in state capital Albany to protest a state regulation that mandates they be vaccinated for swine flu or lose their jobs.

The New York State Department of Health issued an emergency regulation in August that requires all health care workers in hospitals, public health clinics, hospices and in home health care be immunized against seasonal and swine flu. But it is the mandated swine flu shot that has angered the workers, who claim the vaccine has not been fully tested.

Rob Kozik, another registered nurse in Stony Brook's neonatal intensive care unit, said he has no problems with a seasonal vaccine but he has deep concerns about being immunized against H1N1. "I usually get vaccinated against the flu, but they are mandating an untested and unproven vaccine.

"The H1N1 vaccine already has a poor track record," he added. "Back in 1976, there was vaccine (to protect against swine flu) that caused death and Guillain-Barre syndrome," said Kozik, referring to a nerve-damaging disorder that some people linked to the vaccine. He said he also worries about the vaccine additive thimerosal, which is used as a preservative in some doses of the vaccine.

http://www.emsresponder.com/web/online/ED-...s/24$10525

Oh you think that is bad?

another nancy.... speaker of the house :):D

post-51988-1253550864_thumb.jpg

That photo reminds me of a similar one of Margaret Thatcher I saw years ago..... all dressed up with fish-net stockings trying to look foxy and sexy and ready for action. Hilarious! :D Also saw a "Hillary-ous" one of Sec't Clinton too! Funny stuff!

The end of the thread coming? Say it isn't so esteemed Dr. Naam! C'mon, 4120 posts down, 4120 to go :D . I don't have the background to contribute but I love to follow this thread.

Edited by Lopburi99

"Back in 1976, there was vaccine (to protect against swine flu) that caused death and Guillain-Barre syndrome," said Kozik, referring to a nerve-damaging disorder that some people linked to the vaccine.

what applies? "caused" or only "linked to" by "some" people? :)

The end of the thread coming? Say it isn't so esteemed Dr. Naam! C'mon, 4120 posts down, 4120 to go :D . I don't have the background to contribute but I love to follow this thread.

Not to worry as we have not even hit bottom yet. More like fell onto a small ledge that is supporting us for now. Since they stacked up trillions of fiat under it :):D

Marc has another one out today......

"Back in 1976, there was vaccine (to protect against swine flu) that caused death and Guillain-Barre syndrome," said Kozik, referring to a nerve-damaging disorder that some people linked to the vaccine.

what applies? "caused" or only "linked to" by "some" people? :)

I dont know - I am only asking questions also.........but why did they need to

discuss " morgue management " at the international swine flu conference :D

and why is there a proposal for this :-

PLANS TO TAKE CHILDREN FROM SCHOOLS FOR MASS VACCINATIONS AND QUARANTINES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kka3K4RqcjU..._embedded#t=390

why did they need to discuss " morgue management " at the international swine flu conference :) and why is there a proposal for this :-

why NOT if it is deemed necessary? if there is a pandemic and a lot of people die then common sense says there is need for a morgue management (except for those who prefer to rot at home). and if children are prone to get infected (schools) then mass vaccinations will be mandatory as well as quarantine for the infected ones. the latter is already practised globally no matter whether you or Flying approve it or not. fly nowadays to nearly any country with a high fever and experience quarantine on the spot. and assuming you are quarantined and keep on asking "why" a few times too often then some white-dressed gentlemen will appear and dress you up in a white suit which has long sleeves and long decorative tassels.

Which means ? Both seem to gone in the same and different directions over the last year or so -

Yeah come on LRB we all sit around until someone finally has to ask for a reading. Like every time.

Well it looks to me like all that FED stimulatin and manipulatin has been directed at the stock market rather than the shipping trade.

Well, it's all fact. Anyone trying to short the S&P 500 for the past several months could attest to that. So what underlies these facts and how persistant are those influences are the questions that need answering. On the shipping side, cheap money created a building boom which created a glut of tonnage which is well under-utilized now. Is that the sole determinant of shipping prices or is decreased goods being shipped also a major factor? I'm not sure.

How come some of the older ships aren't heading for the breaking yards. Is the salvage value too low or the mortgage too high? Again, I don't know.

There is a quasi correlation between the two charts and my guess[ is that the $BDI is leading, but I'm not sure.

why did they need to discuss " morgue management " at the international swine flu conference :D and why is there a proposal for this :-

why NOT if it is deemed necessary? if there is a pandemic and a lot of people die then common sense says there is need for a morgue management (except for those who prefer to rot at home). and if children are prone to get infected (schools) then mass vaccinations will be mandatory as well as quarantine for the infected ones. the latter is already practised globally no matter whether you or Flying approve it or not. fly nowadays to nearly any country with a high fever and experience quarantine on the spot. and assuming you are quarantined and keep on asking "why" a few times too often then some white-dressed gentlemen will appear and dress you up in a white suit which has long sleeves and long decorative tassels.

The one weapon used consistently by others against ourselves is our own closed minds. :)

Untill we see the next phase of the crisis. and that won't take too long.

Since when is Naam posting some kind of prediction, huh? :D

No proved track record, nothing. Please inform us all why YOU think/feel/know the next phase of the "Crisis" is about to unfold.

Unless you start to post some possible dates (within a two week margin, let's make it easy for you) when the next downturn will take place, backed up by something, I would say Naam is a S%#$@.

Show the money Naam.

No proved track record, nothing. Please inform us all why YOU think/feel/know the next phase of the "Crisis" is about to unfold.

Unless you start to post some possible dates (within a two week margin, let's make it easy for you) when the next downturn will take place, backed up by something, I would say Naam is a S%#$@.

Show the money Naam.

Alex. Post a date and a reason for that date. Thanks.

How come some of the older ships aren't heading for the breaking yards. Is the salvage value too low or the mortgage too high? Again, I don't know.

I am not an expert on this but I do believe there is an accounting trick to explain this. Obviously as a ship ages its cost of maintenance rises while its sales after operating costs (excluding maintenance) will at best be flat but may fall as newer ships are more efficient. Now if you buy a second hand vessel at say 17 years old and depreciate it over say 20 years then all things being equal there will be profits generated in the first 6-7 years and losses over the last 13-14 (not cash losses). The seller will allow you to buy at a price that gives a good return short term to make up for long term losses. Depreciation constant, maintenance costs rising etc. So if you manage a fleet of vessels so long as you are expanding it by new acquisition of vessels you are increasing your reported profitability. (By the way given that the previous owner has already depreciated much of the vessel if you are in a country that allows you to write off goodwill through your balance sheet you get a double whammy.) (Or if you can include the costs of renovation in the acquisition cost it is going to work.)

Show the money Naam.

LRB, for the followers of this and some other threads I have given many reasons/hints and tips, pointers.

If you are not aware, start with the "They say you should never" thread, then the next "When will the crisis end" stuff.

You peeps seem to have a problem remembering and sifting out "The Messages".

Not my problem.

Alex

Show the money Naam.

LRB, for the followers of this and some other threads I have given many reasons/hints and tips, pointers.

If you are not aware, start with the "They say you should never" thread, then the next "When will the crisis end" stuff.

You peeps seem to have a problem remembering and sifting out "The Messages".

Not my problem.

Alex

Ok, thanks Alex. That answers my question.