• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

assuming the financial crisis gets worse i have made a bid on an appropriate alternative home that comes with rather low maintenance and utility cost:

Classic that you can see the electric lines. That they would run electric to it is a good sign :o But that soil does not look like it will be too good for the crops.

assuming the financial crisis gets worse i have made a bid on an appropriate alternative home that comes with rather low maintenance and utility cost:

Every cloud has a silver lining. Chance at a mia noy will be enhanced, surely?

Of course since wife #1 kept the house with the cement fishing hole :o

Actually, looking back 30 years; some of the happiest days of my life were spent in "cabanas" that looked pretty similar, on Central American beaches.

... it reminds me very much off Jim Lovell on Apollo 13 and his famous statement "Houston, we have a problem."

I think your analogy pretty much sums up this thread. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Jim's statement and it summed up exactly the situation. What it did not do is introduce any emotion or hysteria into the communication, which was certainly not needed at that time.

That seems to be what you, and others, have a problem with, i.e. more people, especially government spokespersons, are not getting hysterical enough about this.

TH

Wow a concrete road, with all that sand it much be near the beach. Question though, will it b e a little tight for you wife and all the help?

:D

i didn't say i'll take my wife with me :o

the financial crisis will not have provisions for a mia noi nor for domestic servants. i am planning to screw the wives of the neighbours'. of course not all at once... but one (per day) after the other... after they have done the dishes and the laundry. :o

:D:D:D Ok here is one for you......... What is the differnece between Iceland & Ireland????

One Letter & about 4 months...hahahahahaha :D:o

Not funny at all. The four months is up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/1...-debt-recession

12D - do you have investments in Ireland. If not, cancel your newspapers or stop clicking on links that don't directly affect you. (interesting to see Germany's credit rating - remember how deep in the sh!te they were a few years ago)

:D:D:D Ok here is one for you......... What is the differnece between Iceland & Ireland????

One Letter & about 4 months...hahahahahaha :D:o

If we stopped posting this stuff, would the problem go away? Maybe.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-12608.htm

Actually, looking back 30 years; some of the happiest days of my life were spent in "cabanas" that looked pretty similar, on Central American beaches.

cannabis on Central American beaches lanna? :o

oooh, I mis-read... but still I think lanna is the coolest old dude on this forum. +1

One Letter & about 4 months...hahahahahaha :wai::o

If we stopped posting this stuff, would the problem go away? Maybe.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-12608.htm

Unfortunately, not :D

But I am not convinced continual regurgitating of some reporters one-eyed view adds any value.

A little bit of Good News for once!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/fe...an-bank-bonuses

The government yesterday publicly hardened its position on bank executive bonuses saying it will be "very, very robust" in clamping down on bonuses for 2008 in banks in which it holds shares. It will only allow modest payments for clerks earning around £20,000 a year.
The employment minister, Tony McNulty, said staff on lower salaries should not forgo their bonuses, but the issue was totally different for senior executives. "I would draw the line between senior managers, board members, executives, those responsible for the business model and strategy that got them into the mess, they shouldn't get a penny," he said.

But why, what happened for this complete turnaround to take place? Surely not because Labour are worried about being kicked out?

The government's bonus clampdown comes as polls suggest Labour may be losing support to the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats over the issue.

Come on the Brown, follow the Americans, cap all Bankers remuneration at GBP 100,000. And they don't even deserve that. Surely six times the company's average

A Lloyds spokesman said: "We are a retail and commercial bank where most colleagues earn approximately £17,000.

is more than enough for a CEO who manages to loose Billions?

And if all the "talented" financial "nuclear scientists" don't like it, then they can all leave and set off their "weapons of mass financial destruction" somewhere else. I think we have all had enough of them.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

all this "made money , lost money" is absolute cr4p

bankers and governments encouraged a housing and land price bubble which allowed them to lend more and more created money to greed driven speculators who completed the circle and spent their alleged gains on ipods from china.

nobody created anything except for poor workers in sweatshops in china.

when commodity prices rose to a level the sh1t hit the fan.

many of the people now complaining about their "losses" were all complicit in the scheme.

all this "made money , lost money" is absolute cr4p

bankers and governments encouraged a housing and land price bubble which allowed them to lend more and more created money to greed driven speculators who completed the circle and spent their alleged gains on ipods from china.

nobody created anything except for poor workers in sweatshops in china.

when commodity prices rose to a level the sh1t hit the fan.

many of the people now complaining about their "losses" were all complicit in the scheme.

You're not wrong, and the line I've highlighted is particularly right. Funny, somewhere during this particular mania "pundits" aka bullshit artists tried to convince the "investing public" that high commodity prices were actually good for the economy. It would have been the first time ever, were that true.

Yeah, I agree with this:

“We’re certainly in the midst of a once-in-a-lifetime set of economic conditions. The perspective I would bring is not one of recession. Rather, the economy is resetting to a lower level of business and consumer spending based largely on the reduced leverage in the economy.”

http://www.contraryinvestor.com/mo.htm

12D - do you have investments in Ireland. If not, cancel your newspapers or stop clicking on links that don't directly affect you. (interesting to see Germany's credit rating - remember how deep in the sh!te they were a few years ago)

Unfortunately I still do.

Had deposits in Irish Nationwide, but moved out when they matured a couple of months ago.

Still have deposits with Anglo Irish and biting my nails until they mature.

Yep, there are 100% guarantees from the Irish government, but what are they worth?

So, what would you do in my situation? Reinvest or move it out... and to where???

Unfortunately I still do.

Had deposits in Irish Nationwide, but moved out when they matured a couple of months ago.

Still have deposits with Anglo Irish and biting my nails until they mature.

Yep, there are 100% guarantees from the Irish government, but what are they worth?

So, what would you do in my situation? Reinvest or move it out... and to where???

12D, I would stick there. When was the last time you saw a Western government fail to meet a depositor guarantee.

It is not my money, but I am putting £100k into Anglo Irish and another £100k into Scarborough CI for a friend.

Sorry about the comment about Ireland, I made the wrong assumption that you were already out of Sterling.

12D, I would stick there. When was the last time you saw a Western government fail to meet a depositor guarantee.

It is not my money, but I am putting £100k into Anglo Irish and another £100k into Scarborough CI for a friend.

Sorry about the comment about Ireland, I made the wrong assumption that you were already out of Sterling.

Could you please answer this ? When you say " When was the last time you saw a Western

government fail to meet a depositor guarantee " I know you will probably consider rumors that

Britain is facing going bust to be " scaremongering " also but what about

the possibility of an Icelandic style bankruptcy in UK ( and Switzerland ) and if this happened to occur,

who then shoulders the liability of depositor guarantees? Would the guarantee of

bank deposits be that of the IMF assuming they would be called in, which itself

raises further questions because I am reading many articles now saying even the IMF is rapidly reaching

a point of exhaustion because it can't keep up with demand for help from so many countries?

Iceland comes instantly and painfully to mind, which took down well into five figures of GBPs from me.

For a friend? Wow, hope he won't get angry if things go tits up.

Not entirely, still have some left because I can't get at them, apparently even if I die, until the bonds mature.

All the money I have with Anglo Irish is in Euros, currently earning around 5%, which make me VERY VERY nervous, as it is well above any rate offered in Euros anywhere else on the planet.

It is painfully obvious that they are desperate to keep the depositors' cash and that is why the rates are so good. They have concentrated on commercial property loans, and now commercial property is becoming the next disaster looming up to write down asset value.

But in defense of this bank, I have been with them for a lot of years and totally satisfied with their service.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

[ mature.

All the money I have with Anglo Irish is in Euros, currently earning around 5%, which make me VERY VERY nervous, as it is well above any rate offered in Euros anywhere else on the planet.

It is painfully obvious that they are desperate to keep the depositors' cash and that is why the rates are so good. They have concentrated on commercial property loans, and now commercial property is becoming the next disaster looming up to write down asset value.

But in defense of this bank, I have been with them for a lot of years and totally satisfied with their service.

12, I will wait patiently for the response from Chaimai

to my question about the worsening situation in the UK?

But I have noticed on more than one occasion now this poster has conveniently dismissed

some questions with an abrupt accusation the poster is just " scaremongering ".

It is very easy to take on a lollipops and roses perspective when it's not his money he is investing :o

cannabis on Central American beaches lanna? :D

oooh, I mis-read... but still I think lanna is the coolest old dude on this forum. +1

I can see a once young dude sitting on the beach with some ultra sexy Latina staring at the sunset while high on the Flesh of God, those were the day's, ha ha ha.

Wanting to escape reality, just like this guy: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=72f_1234307164

After seeing Naam's wonderfull piece of prime real estate, I suddenly realised he might run into a problem with water supply so I made up a quick drawing for an installation that could provide him with fresh water made from sea water. :D

post-21826-1234801176_thumb.jpg

And here some device that will keep your food a bit cooler without using electricity.

post-21826-1234801285_thumb.jpg

Actually found a clip of that skincooker I mentioned earlier: http://wimp.com/newestweaponry Really powerfull. :D

And here a short clip of some guy in congress showing the pack of stimulus paper:

:o

And 12, do you actually have the bond/stock certificates or are they just entries on a piece of fancy looking paper called statement? (Just curious).

:D

cannabis on Central American beaches lanna? :o

I can see a once young dude sitting on the beach with some ultra sexy Latina staring at the sunset while high on the Flesh of God, those were the day's, ha ha ha.

Wanting to escape reality, just like this guy: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=72f_1234307164

After seeing Naam's wonderfull piece of prime real estate, I suddenly realised he might run into a problem with water supply so I made up a quick drawing for an installation that could provide him with fresh water made from sea water. :D

post-21826-1234801176_thumb.jpg

I swear I saw that device in the 3rd grade in the miniseries "The Voyage of the Mimi." HAHAHAHA just saying that cracks me up... If anybody has seen/remembered that movie (we watched it in school for some reason), I will buy you a drink :D

edit: so lanna, were you a hippie back in the day? I can see it now, just as Plalex mentioned... Latina hotties... mmm...

Edited by jcon

[ mature.

12, I will wait patiently for the response from Chaimai

to my question about the worsening situation in the UK?

But I have noticed on more than one occasion now this poster has conveniently dismissed

some questions with an abrupt accusation the poster is just " scaremongering ".

It is very easy to take on a lollipops and roses perspective when it's not his money he is investing :o

No response required scaremongerer :D

"what about the possibility of an Icelandic style bankruptcy in UK ( and Switzerland ) and if this happened to occur"

If's and but's again and all about the sky falling in.

IF it were to happen it is Armageddon. It WILL NOT happen in my opinion and will not be allowed to happen. Icekland is somewhat different.

But, the fact remains that is pointless for you to promote the disaster scenario and for me to argue that life goes on, and will slowly but surely get better, because we are looking at different crystal balls. And that is all we are doing.

I am only prepared to waste my time on an internet forum because I am currently in the UK waiting for my next visit to Thailand.

Remember, the Allied Irish deposit is as safe as Ireland itself. If Ireland goes t!ts up maybe my friend will be offered some of those lovely Irish assets at a knock-down price.

This situation is unprecedented and I accept that anything could happen. However, (and whilst I have precious little time for policitians - none, infact) I will not accept that we will see wholesale failures of governments. If you disagree then put it under your bed and start praying !

Then please 12, get out of them while you can. I showed the link to that DTCC site yesterday and discovered something very disturbing stuff, if you do not have the actual certificates in your own name, and no I am not fear mongering.

:o