6 And A Half Year Overstay. Help!

Hi everyone!

I must say I get a lot out of this website. Especially the Teaching English forum. However, now I am indeed in a bit of a pickle and am in urgent need of advise.

I know there will be many people who will look hard on me for overstaying for so long, but please just hear me out.

I've spent almost 5 and a half yrs teaching in Bangkok. It has been one of the most positive experiances of my life. Much better than dreary Australia. I have not really worried about getting a proper visa, because from what I've heard there is just too much paperwork and hassle involved. Also, it's too time consuming to to a Visa run. (More time for the bars and bitches)!!! Anyways, I think it's great that Thailand has the "pay 20,000 baht before you leave" policy.

However, unfortunatley due to family reasons I have to go back to Sydney for a week quite soon. The best options I can think of to get me out of this mess is as below:

1. Lose my passport and get a replacement, which would therefore waive the 20,000 hassle.

2. When I go to the airport to leave, I could possibly tell immigration officials that I have been of poor health.

3. Go to the immigration office before I fly out and pay them there.

Is there anything else that anyone thinks could help me? I will only be going back to Australia for a week at most. After this I will be coming straight back to Thailand. I've also heard that if you pay the 20,000 Baht Fee, you can certainly come back into the country again.

I would really appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks. :o

a friend of mine spent 6 weeks in the immigration jail whilst his 4 year overstay was sorted out.

then he was deported , taken to the airport in chains. :o

but i hear they are a lot stricter now.

Yeah....I've heard similiar stories. God I hope it will be ok. I couldn't handle getting arrested again in Thailand.

option 1, lose passport, get new and go straight to airport to fly out. :o

option 2, pay someone to take your pasport via sea, seafares permit malaysia in/out and get stamped up to date. i don't know if this still can be done because, tsunami

option 3, go to airport, pay 20K and hope for the best :D

option 4, try to cross the border into mayasia, lose passport and get new one in kl, fly home :D

option 4, is the one i would take :ph34

ps, option 1, can be tricky, as i know someone who got sent back to immigration, because they saw his record from 18 months earlier, he then took option 2

Edited by kreon

a friend of mine spent 6 weeks in the immigration jail whilst his 4 year overstay was sorted out.

then he was deported , taken to the airport in chains. :o

but i hear they are a lot stricter now.

Yeah....I've heard similiar stories. God I hope it will be ok. I couldn't handle getting arrested again in Thailand.

"Arrested Again " piss off loser.

So why exactly didn't you report every 90 days? Didn't you know about the requirement? Or once you realised you had passed your first reporting date, were you too worried to report? Or didn't you think it was important?

I'd really like to know.

RDN

P.S. "advice", not "advise"

and "experiences" not "experiances"

So why exactly didn't you report every 90 days? Didn't you know about the requirement? Or once you realised you had passed your first reporting date, were you too worried to report? Or didn't you think it was important?

I'd really like to know.

RDN

and  "experiences" not "experiances"

He never ever had a visa of any description to report on. God prays that it is never let back here. Its language skills are also in a lot of question. Hopeless

it was a troll without an iota of wit or subtlety.

there is a dearth of good trolls these days.

a well thought out troll could run to 2 or 3 pages before being sussed out.

its amateur night reject stuff these days.

come back bud , all is forgiven

Edited by taxexile

I'd really like to know.

RDN

He never ever had a visa of any description to report on. God prays that it is never let back here. Its language skills are also in a lot of question. Hopeless

I agree Doc , loser first class :o

You will probably get what is coming to you , so don't whine about it.

I think he was smart ... in 2 post , this one and the other about expereances (I noticed the spelling, I love it, I will reuse it ... smile), he (or maybe she) have success to attract attention, make us(you?) interrrested, and then upset or disgust.

Appart that, I did not funny the fact to laught about people who are looking for job, or have visa problems ... We (at least me) are lucky to have a tool like thaivisa that provide , from the admin mostly, accurate information and advices.

Btw us, if he was able to teach during 5 years, maybe I should try ... it seems we have the same spelling lol.

Roxanne

I'd really like to know.

RDN

I agree Doc , loser first class :o

You will probably get what is coming to you , so don't whine about it.

Ole Zen was a wonderful person compared to this waste. :D