Decent Karaoke Place?

TAWP

Have a friends birthday coming up and he has expressed a wish to go to a karaoke place. I have been to a few here (including Karaoke City) and most of them suffer, in various degrees of a weak selection of songs in English and a very-very broad selection of songs in Chinese and Thai.

So, looking for a karaoke place, with private rooms (not Chinese-style with a big scene) with several mic's for group-singing if wanted. Song-selections in English for guys that doesn't have boyband voices (we cannot reach any high C's). Decent prices on food and drinks is a bonus.

Any suggestions?

Have a friends birthday coming up and he has expressed a wish to go to a karaoke place. I have been to a few here (including Karaoke City) and most of them suffer, in various degrees of a weak selection of songs in English and a very-very broad selection of songs in Chinese and Thai.

So, looking for a karaoke place, with private rooms (not Chinese-style with a big scene) with several mic's for group-singing if wanted. Song-selections in English for guys that doesn't have boyband voices (we cannot reach any high C's). Decent prices on food and drinks is a bonus.

Any suggestions?

Big Echo, Japanese private room style, one on Asoke, one on Wireless.

Thank you for your response.

What is the price-level per hour, between the finger and thumb, and is the song collection decent?

ummm, last time I went a room for 4 people was 400B an hour, not sure of the other pricing options, I think there are many.

the song collection is the best I have seen in Thailand, quite a good range.

ummm, last time I went a room for 4 people was 400B an hour, not sure of the other pricing options, I think there are many.

the song collection is the best I have seen in Thailand, quite a good range.

Sounds good!

Major ekkamai, upstairs at the bowling area.

Seems to have quite a number of english songs. Private rooms, food, alcohol.

And best of all its sound proofed well enough that you cant hear the sounds of tortured animals coming from other rooms.

Any suggestions?

I am not into karaoke, myself, however last week had a last minute meeting with some people, and I had to find somewhere quiet.

I went to the Mall, Bangkapi. They have VIP rooms in the Ten Pin Bowling area (I think 4th floor).

I was amazed. The rooms were big enough to seat about 10 people comfortably. You had 2 private bowling lanes. TV with good collection of songs. (I cannot confirm the quality, but the songs were English and Thai).

Great service, private and discreet.

I was there for about 2 hrs, hired bowling shoes for 3 people, had some finger food and a couple of pitchers of beer and paid around 1200 baht

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I might write a feedback-post since we went to Asoke-branch of Big Echo.

4p-room was 400B/h, the rooms in Japanese style (room for legs under the table), decent selection of songs (pretty much the same as Karaoke City and some other very expensive place I visited before) - infact I think they have pretty much a subscription to the same service-provider and technical (streaming) solution. One has to love the extremely cheesy 80videos or re-recordings with local (asian) singers for some of the songs thou'. A culture treat in itself. :o

The food and drink prices was decent, I didn't eat much but the others didn't complain about their pickings they received.

Negative would perhaps be the windows towards the hallways making the room less private than another place I was at and the less soundproofed rooms. No idea how some of the locals appreciated our rendition of some hard-rock songs, but it at least brought some attention...:D

The feelings, that of course goes with the price, was less exclusive but for a karaoke-outing on a budget its not bad.