T1 Or T3 Internet

You can get a lease line or maybe a few 2mb line and use a rounter to link it up .

like some of the net cafe doing .

i think a lease line is about 20,000b a month with 50mb / 10 mb or somehting like that

or is it 90,000 bhat

anyway .

TT&T such .

my pal in SG tell me there using 100mb line at $10 usd and complain that it only feed about 40mb

fainted MY net hardly run above 1 mb

T1 = 1.5Mbps HDSL

T1 is a description of a physical line (a copper pair, so 2 wires) and the required interface (serial). It's an old American standard, as the rest of the world used E1 (same equipment but 2Mbps). Still used on Thailand to connect ATMs to banks, but the technology is expensive compared to ADSL.

T3 = 45Mbps

Requires 2 coaxial lines and an interface on the router for E3/T3. Used by major companies and ISPs.

E1 / T1 / E3 / T3 are very old technologies and more or less replaced these days by cheaper and better technologies like G.SHDSL (2.3Mbps over 1 phoneline or 4.6Mbps over 2 combined phonelines) and fiber.

Have a look at G.SHDSL from CAT Telecom!

T1 is a North American standard, but you can get an E1 line (2 Mbit/s). A friend has one in central Chiang Mai for internet and pays 20,000 baht from TT&T. The cost goes up with distance from the central office, so if you're interested you'll need to investigate.

They can also aggregate these together for you with an inverse multiplexer, to give you up to 8 Mbit over 4 E1 lines, but expect to pay about 4 times the price of a single line for this service.

T3 is again a North American standard, but the physical DS3 specification are in fact available here in Thailand, even if rather rare. A DS3 is a 45 Mbit service, and you can get it, but it is a special order item which is usually only offered to people who are purchasing leased lines overseas. I don't know the pricing on this, but I do know someone who had a DS3 to Hong Kong at their offices in Bangkok and was paying 1.2 million per month.

Edited by gregb

You can get a lease line or maybe a few 2mb line and use a rounter to link it up .

like some of the net cafe doing .

i think a lease line is about 20,000b a month with 50mb / 10 mb or somehting like that

or is it 90,000 bhat

anyway .

TT&T such .

my pal in SG tell me there using 100mb line at $10 usd and complain that it only feed about 40mb

fainted MY net hardly run above 1 mb

dam_n - who does that cheap? i got a quote of 120,000 a month for 4mb/4mb leased line.. lol. a little over my budget as its only personal use!