Airport Plaza Movies

mnbcm

Hi

you can use this site to check times and also reserve tickets that you pick up from the cinema, upto 30 minutes before the movie starts. you will have register where it says online ticket at the top to be able to use that service though, only takes a few minutes. here is the site details http://www.majorcineplex.com/majorcineplex/home/index.php

Movieseer used to be the best up until about 6 mo's ago. They used to publish weekly movie schedules and you could easily plan your day at the movies. Now they go offline for updates sometime early pm and then publish only daily listings the next morning. You only know the day of listings now, never weekly. If you try to look up info at night, for that night, you're often SOL as they're already 'updating.' It sucks.

Likely this hesitance to list for the week is due to the drop in ppl going out to the movies as I read in some other Nation or Post article. As DVD's get cheaper than movies, and flatscreens are in so many homes, The Thais are opting for a night in rather than out now. Another sad fact is that this low turnout has led Thai licensees to schedule to buy only about 20 Hollywood hits this year out of the 100 (don't quote me on the stats) or so movies that will be released there. So seeing that US movie you wanted to see at Major is even more of a crapshoot.

Likely this hesitance to list for the week is due to the drop in ppl going out to the movies as I read in some other Nation or Post article. As DVD's get cheaper than movies, and flatscreens are in so many homes, The Thais are opting for a night in rather than out now. Another sad fact is that this low turnout has led Thai licensees to schedule to buy only about 20 Hollywood hits this year out of the 100 (don't quote me on the stats) or so movies that will be released there. So seeing that US movie you wanted to see at Major is even more of a crapshoot.

maybe if the started buying rights to show Bollywood movies, business might come back ?? :o

• 2 years later...

When it works, this is the best - it has the movie times, and that's it:

http://www.google.com/movies?near=chiang+mai,+thailand

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. It was working yesterday, today it's not showing any movies. Still, definitely the thing to try first.

So you have brought up an almost 3 year old thread to give a link that doesn't always work???? Bored by any chance??

Hi

you can use this site to check times and also reserve tickets that you pick up from the cinema, upto 30 minutes before the movie starts. you will have register where it says online ticket at the top to be able to use that service though, only takes a few minutes. here is the site details http://www.majorcineplex.com/majorcineplex/home/index.php

This is great! - I use it all the time (IPhone App) But a ThaiMiller said you MUST pick up the reserved ticket 30 minutes before or they release them to be sold to someone else... If you do the buy option this rule does not apple and when you do the buy option you get a larger seating selection too :rolleyes:

This page has the showtimes for Airport Plaza Major Cineplex:

http://www.majorcine...anch=CHM&movie=

The times are correct about 99% of the time. I say 99% because just the other night, I went with the GF to see a movie and the actual movie time was not the same as the website. Frankly, that was the first time this discrepancy occurred. Probably best to check the site the same day that you're going to see the movie. Occasionally, times won't be posted in the early morning as they've yet to update the schedule.

Movieseer used to be the best up until about 6 mo's ago. They used to publish weekly movie schedules and you could easily plan your day at the movies. Now they go offline for updates sometime early pm and then publish only daily listings the next morning. You only know the day of listings now, never weekly. If you try to look up info at night, for that night, you're often SOL as they're already 'updating.' It sucks.

Here in Chiang Mai it is a case of incompetency.

Many is the time I have gone on to movieseer in the morning and recieved a list of Major cinaplex's that does not include Chiang Mai. In many cases they do not list them until after the first movies have started.

I see poor movie attendance as a reason to upgrade the service not degrade it. The staff at Chiang Mai are not capable of relating information to the public in a timely way. If they can not give a weekly schedule they could make a schedule up the day before and the last thing they do is post it. :(

When it works, this is the best - it has the movie times, and that's it:

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. It was working yesterday, today it's not showing any movies. Still, definitely the thing to try first.

So you have brought up an almost 3 year old thread to give a link that doesn't always work???? Bored by any chance??

No but this thread came up when I was searching.

It works most days (including right now), and I maintain its WAY better than those other sites full of crap and ads and Flash and whatnot. If you just want to know what's playing, without fuss, go here: