Squash Partner

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I should be moving to Bangkok Q1 2010. I am looking for a proper squash club, not just a condo with courts.

Does such a thing exist in bangkok?

I have only found the British Club so far, and maybe the Royal Bangkok Sports Club - any other proper aquash clubs with teams and mini-leagues and things like that?

Stewart

• 4 months later...
I am Niti, living in Sukumvit 49. I play squash very regularly and would like to find new partners as 2 of my squash partners will leave thailand very soon.

Hello Niti, I would be interested to play - when and where do you usually play? I am living in Sukhumvit at present.

Thanks

Harv

I am Niti, living in Sukumvit 49. I play squash very regularly and would like to find new partners as 2 of my squash partners will leave thailand very soon.

Hello Niti, I would be interested to play - when and where do you usually play? I am living in Sukhumvit at present.

Thanks

Harv

Hello, my next week is going to be tight but the week after next week should be fine. Btw, when and where do you usually play?

• 2 months later...

I'm coming to BKK and can play from Wed night until Sunday morning. Will be staying in the mid Suk area. If anyone wants a game, please let me know before noon tomorrow (Wed) via pm or this thread and I'll bring my racquet. I'm in the mid to advanced intermediate skill level as I've not played but once in the past year, but still remember the game.

Hi Niti. I live in Sukhumvit 39 and am looking for regular squash. My emails address is [email protected]. Tel 0899344372

Richard

• 3 months later...

Hi Niti. I live in Sukhumvit 39 and am looking for regular squash. My emails address is [email protected]. Tel 0899344372

Richard

Hello guys,

Are you still playing? I live in Sukhumvit 71 and f low-average level. A friend of mine is coming this weekend and we were looking for playing a game or too.

• 3 months later...

Hi, Mike here. Coming to Bangkok in February 2011, looking for a squash hit. I am 51 years and haven't played for a year. But being an Aussie, I am putting

it out there for any of you young guns or matured gentlemen to 'have a go'. I will give any level a great hit. I need some pain in my life.

Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OxfordWill - what is your level? I am mid - upper level. I am a 27 year old American male looking to play. I live at Sukhumvit 31. I also have all the gear except for access to a court. Respond if you're interested and we'll find a place to play. Thanks

I am definitely up for some squash too- I have everything apart from the bloody court. The last one I found got flooded (suk soi 12).

I'm the same age but completely out of shape and havent played for a long while. If you have the patience I could give you a good game after a few weeks. But where do we find the court? I dont know if National Stadium has one? It has tennis and badminton.

Hey no problem, I am happy to play. I will do some research and make some calls and get back to you.

I'm the same age but completely out of shape and havent played for a long while. If you have the patience I could give you a good game after a few weeks. But where do we find the court? I dont know if National Stadium has one? It has tennis and badminton.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you're still interested in squash partners, Im a 29 year old male, I have a court at my appartment block near asok - I play a bit but not regularly so probably a low intermediate level.

Send me a message if you're interested in a game sometime.

• 5 months later...

Ok finally, after 5 years of very lazy searching Ive found a good place to play- the racquet club on sukhumvit 49. Its near the end of 49 where it connects to 31 (I think?). Anyway, easy enough to find on google maps. Ive been playing there for about a week now. Anyone interested you can google the racquet club bangkok to find location and rates. The facilities are great, tennis, bandminton, squash, even a rock climbing wall and swimming gym etc. Anyway, I have at least two other people I play with so there's a group of sorts. Anyone welcome I would say we are all average and keen to improve.

• 3 months later...

Hi All.

am a 25yo aussie. Just moved to Bangkok, if anyone wants a hit would be great have played regularly over the last years, but still only average.

Not sure about courts yet but sounds like the racquet club works, and i'll hopefully be joining the British Club soon and I hear they have pretty good courts. Send a message if interested.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just came across this post when was looking for squash partners...Just moved to Bangkok a month ago and checked out the racket club this weekend..Seems like a good place and planning to join so any feedback on the place would be helpful!!

Since I am replying a few months late to this post, would be nice to know if anyone is still open to having more squash partners...I played tennis seriously for years and then took to squash a few years ago...Play at an intermediate level and looking to now play regularly now in order to get back in shape!

Feel free to message me in case anyone interested...Could play late evening or weekend mornings...

Cheers

Also very fresh to Bangkok, just a few months, and an avid squash player, I finally took a spin around the clubs and there were some shockers as there were places with super slippery varnished floors. It was like an ice rink in there!

Then I went to check out the super-mega sport youth complex Thai-Japan Youth center, and I must say I was super impressed. For anyone looking for a regular squash rhythm this is the place. Fully subsidized this center has multiple football courts, gyms, a pool, and the like. Main point: it has 4 non-slippery squash courts where during the weekend it is teeming with local players of various skill and experience levels. They are all super friendly and enthusiastic about the sport. It's like having a neighborhood pick up game.

and the best thing?

To play you need to pay a symbolic membership of 40 baht for the center. You can't beat that!

Sure the place does not look very flashy, and the front wall could use some plaster and tender love and care.

But playing squash for free with 10 players of different quality levels -- priceless.

Yeah heard some good things about the Thai-Japan Youth center, but the only thing is that it is a bit far from my place to be able to play regularly...But what the heck may just make it a piont to be there on weekends...So the 40 baht is a per time playing charge or does one have to get a membership too?

• 3 months later...

OK i'm keen to try this place out but is it open during the week and is there anyone that would like to play against a 42 yo guy fighting the middle age bulge and the middle age laziness? I used to play fairly regularly for a good number of years but work, family, beer etc got in teh way. Now I need to do something about it? Any help welcome ;)

I'm not a total non fitness ferak, still have a tad of stamina and skill left so would put myself as low intermediate (I guess but another opinion after a few games would be good).

Cheers

Lee

• 1 month later...

<<<Then I went to check out the super-mega sport youth complex Thai-Japan Youth center,>>>

Does anyone have an address or map for this place?

If I google it, I get the Thai Japanese Stadium at Din Daeng - is that the same place>?

What time on a Saturday or Sunday does it start and finish?

Any contact details of a "Club Secretary" or something like that?

• 4 weeks later...

I think the thai japanease stadium service hour is too limited i like to play in the early morning of sat and sun , any other place suggestion

Hmmmmm......how early? And what part of the city do you live in?

I have a squash court in my condo in Sukhumvit soi 13

Does anyone have contact details for the organiser of the japanese stadium group? Or is there no organiser/group, and it is just a lot of individuals who turn up and play??