I Need Help......

justaskdan

I have a very sad story and I am looking for help.

I lived in Phuket for 4 years and in that time I got married, had two children all living off of an English teacher’s salary.

In 2006 we managed to buy a Chevrolet Colorado Z71 black in color license plate number Gow Guy, Dow Dtokk 5785, on 5 year financing.

I rented it to someone I trusted because we were moving to Dubai and did not want to sell it before it was paid off.

The first year went fine with good contact from the gentleman (ahole).

When the money came due for the second year he cut off contact.

I recently went to Phuket to report the truck stolen and look for him. The cops were less than helpful and I could not find him or the truck.

I then found out that he did not pay the insurance as he told me he had. It was only 13,000 baht since I had no accidents and all he had to do is got the Chevy dealership on the bypass road and pay it. I trusted him and never check that he did it. My fault and I feel pretty stupid over it. I wired him money and he stole it and told me he paid.

Does anyone know of ***name of person removed-potentially defamatory and unnecessary in public forum--sbk***?

Any idea of character or past history or whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.

I will also give anyone who finds the truck 20,000 baht. All you have to do is phone the police. I reported it stole at the SamKong police station but any police will help. My contact is Captain Aik 086-595-4056. He speaks English reasonably well and is familiar with the case. I also offered him 20,000 to try and get his attention but perhaps it wasn't enough because he doesn't seem exactly proactive.

You can PM me any time.

***email removed per forum rules--sbk**

post-18201-1233732216_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the loss of your vehicle. Apoligies to mod if this is not allowed, but suggest that you also post same detail on Phuket info forum site which appears to be more locally based discussion group for Phuket. Perhaps you could enlist the help of the local Tuk Tuk mafia although with their pricing structure 20,000 baht is unlikely to be a sufficient reward.