Driving To Hua Hin

binnsy

:o Does anyone no of the route from Buriram To Hua Hin and approx how long will it take to drive there? :D:D

Hiway 4 and go to Samut Songkran???? on Hiway 35 (not Ratchaburi on 4) towards Bangkok after Samut look for Highway 9 (Ring Road) and go to the left (north westerly) (not towards the airport but towards Ayuthaya) (stay on the low side when you get off the highway or you'll have to double back but you are basically going left and will be on a frontage road until you get on the highway 9 proper). Follow that until Highway 1 and Saraburi then continue to Highway 2 (I don't have my map and I'm right near Buri Ram now so I think it's 2 but just check on the map please) and continue until you reach the highway 24 interchange that will take you to Surin. I normally go to Prakon Chai and at Prakon Chai you can turn left and it's about a half hour to Buri Ram. I leave Hua Hin at 3:30 am and reach Prakon Chai in about 6 and a half hours but don't stop til saraburi to make sure I get through the Bangkok mess but really have had no problems either way in regards to traffic etc as the roads have ijproved greatly and the police stops are the only thing that cause a problem. Good luck.

I drove down there last month From Surin with a stop in Bangkok. Although I have drove down to Cha Am a few times previously.

From Buriram take Highway 24 to Korat.

From Korat head to Saraburi.

From Saraburi head straight to Bangkok.

At Bangkok head straight onto the elevated toll road past Don Muang on the Rama 9 expressway. Stay on this all the way until you see the signs for Doa Khanong. Take this route and you go over the bridge across the river.

Then you will see a sign for the south, I think you stay in the right hand lane to exit for this route Highway 35 to Samut Songkhram.

From here it is straight down on Highway 4.

It will take you about 9 hours, with stops and traveling at a steady speed.

Hope this helps.

John.....

Edited by johnsurin

:o Does anyone no of the route from Buriram To Hua Hin and approx how long will it take to drive there? :D:D

Hiway 4 and go to Samut Songkran???? on Hiway 35 (not Ratchaburi on 4) towards Bangkok after Samut look for Highway 9 (Ring Road) and go to the left (north westerly) (not towards the airport but towards Ayuthaya) (stay on the low side when you get off the highway or you'll have to double back but you are basically going left and will be on a frontage road until you get on the highway 9 proper). Follow that until Highway 1 and Saraburi then continue to Highway 2 (I don't have my map and I'm right near Buri Ram now so I think it's 2 but just check on the map please) and continue until you reach the highway 24 interchange that will take you to Surin. I normally go to Prakon Chai and at Prakon Chai you can turn left and it's about a half hour to Buri Ram. I leave Hua Hin at 3:30 am and reach Prakon Chai in about 6 and a half hours but don't stop til saraburi to make sure I get through the Bangkok mess but really have had no problems either way in regards to traffic etc as the roads have ijproved greatly and the police stops are the only thing that cause a problem. Good luck.

Is this not the way from Hua Hin to Buriram, not Buriram to Hua Hin?

I prefer to take a left just as you get out of Nang Rong to head to Buriram, as heading to Prakonchai you have to double back on yourself to get back to Buriram.

It depends where you are in Buriram for your best route in/out of there, but I guess you no how to do that. :D

P.S. Foreverford, you can do it in 6hours 30 mins? Wow you must be really hammering it. It takes at least 2,1/2 hours to Bangkok, so 4 hours to Surin/Buriram, you must have a very fast car.

John.....

Edited by johnsurin

hi people i have spoke to have told me

Buriram City

Nang Rong

Sariburi

Then highway 9

is this correct?

Yes Nang Rong to or past Korat to Saraburi, that is right, Stay on highway 9, as you drive along it the elevated toll goes down to street level but don't worry it is just a toll booth then you go back up again (you will be on the expressway for quite a long while about). Stay on this until you see the slip road/exit for Doa Khanong, you do not come off the expressway it simply takes you over the river. Then head south on highway 35 (I think you stay in the right hand lane, 99% sure on this). Then you come onto highway 4 and just follow this all the way down to Hua Hin.

Hope this helps.

John.....