Police Bust Swinging Party, Arrest 13 Foreigners

george

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know it was against the law to have sex behind closed doors. When did they introduce the no sex please we are thai policy. No sex in thailand, 1st the demos at the airport now a ban on sex the thai economy is going to be in real bad shape without the sex tourists comming. What is going to happen to places like Pattaya. I am married to a thai and living in chiangmai just hope I don't get that knock on the door in the middle of the night.

:D:D:wai::o:D:D

Channel 7 is just now showing footage of the raid. The organizers might be a western, but the participants seem to be all Asian men. Although I completely disapprove of any kind of sex tours, why does the police have to make such a big thing out of it? Just to continously discredit foreigners living in Thailand? They better show the crowds of Thais who rip off the foreigners for a living every day.

Thanks for the best comment on this matter in this site... If the cops did their job professionally (as we all expected) and the TV stations stop relying on the crap the cops send in (tons of lies and partial videos) probably everyone would live better in Thailand. As for the foreigner's behaviour and as someone mentioned already, sex between adults with mutual consent and indoors should be respected. There pedophiles, robbers, killers, rapists and other marginals around... are these to difficult to get? The police is no guilty alone, the TV stations are, by paying for news that are not NEW in Thailand or in any other country.

understandably, the hotel management were worried, i imagine the orgy was disturbing other guests (noises), probably stains all over the upholstery,

and it is a standard type of hotel, nothing special.

not sure how they thought they could get away with it.

as I said...this took place in the same hotel every two weeks for a couple of years already. Never been there myself but I do know someone who was a regular. According to him that was a non-profit event, plenty of food and drinks for the guests and doing the maths on it there must not have been much left over for the organizers.

Raro, regarding your posts, I also cant see what the problem is or why it should be classed as illegal.

However who says they “just cover their expenses for hotel, food and drinks” What a load of cr@p I know from a reliable source that local singles pay 2500 Baht admission. Non locals from outside Thailand pay 3000 baht. Generally there are about 1-3 couples in attendance, maximum and usually around 15 singles guys. The hotel rooms they use cost just around 2000 Baht for the night.

So do the sums and you’ll see he was making about 40000 baht from each event!

The crime was sexual advertisement, or something like that. Funny that they must have been perusing Craigslist to find out about this couple. Beware, the Thai police can read English!

Edit: Probably advertisement for sexual services. Yes, yes, this is Thailand but in this case the illegal activity was not "sanctioned" with tea money and therefore it's perfectly understandable.

Edited by Jimjim

the rumour is out that the Pattaya competition iniciated the bust....suddenly it all makes sense :o

I don't think so , as far I know , the couple organize the party in Pattaya as well. I think that only the organizer know the real reasons why the police raid the party and naturally they will not make it public , they will pay the fine and within few days nobody will take more about it , everybody will forget it and the swingers ( learned the lesson ) they will restart their adult fun in a more safer places like a private house .

I think few farang here know the "system". Thailand like other Asian nations is a conservative nation shy about sex. Really. ../long drivel snipped/..

You claimed Thailand is conservative and have been so for hundreds of years. Not so. The Victorian values that is on the rise since the 30ies is IMPORTED and not native to the country.

Much like North Africa and the Middle East had foreigners visit and proclaim that the countries was filled with smut and sexual filth (belly dancing, harems etc), the countries started adopting a more western guilt-about-sex-way only to be meet today by 'how can you be so oppressive'-mentality and the likes of you that pretend it's pat of the culture. It's not. It's just a delayed correction towards the influence from the west.

I just hope we can work against some of the western hysteria about sex (especially the trade of it). Even in the US, the land of the Free, it's more accepted to show a man having his head blown off than two men kissing. A kick to the groin is accepted in PG-13 movies but not a naked breast of a woman.

Killing and violence is more accepted than love and sex. Something is sick in the world.

Correct, you can block a international airport, without justice, but you can't have group sex. There is someting wrong.

23 ppl entered one room in very "Thai" hotel, so what they expect to happen? I believe the staff suspected a drug party and send the cops upstairs. Get a private house next time...:-)

That is an ongoing event for many years, taking place every two weeks at the same hotel from what I heard. I cannot see anything wrong in that either, the organizers do not even take sizable profits out of it, just cover their expenses for hotel, food and drinks. I wonder what the charges will be.

We can not agree with what you say , we have seen one of their parties in a single hotel room with 12 couples or so , + 4 or 5 singles men and 3 single women . Now single men are charged 2500 baths and couples 1500 baths ,( I think but not sure that single women are charged 500 baths) . Food was shrimp and fried rice . Just take your calculator and maybe you might be thinking of changing job .

23 ppl entered one room in very "Thai" hotel, so what they expect to happen? I believe the staff suspected a drug party and send the cops upstairs. Get a private house next time...:-)

That is an ongoing event for many years, taking place every two weeks at the same hotel from what I heard. I cannot see anything wrong in that either, the organizers do not even take sizable profits out of it, just cover their expenses for hotel, food and drinks. I wonder what the charges will be.

We can not agree with what you say , we have seen one of their parties in a single hotel room with 12 couples or so , + 4 or 5 singles men and 3 single women . Now single men are charged 2500 baths and couples 1500 baths ,( I think but not sure that single women are charged 500 baths) . Food was shrimp and fried rice . Just take your calculator and maybe you might be thinking of changing job .

What sort of dirty punters are they attracting if they need that many baths?

According to my wifes translation of the news report the offenders have been blacklisted and will not be allowed into Thailand again. Seems a bit harsh!

Cheers, Rick

Yes its rather harsh !!!! Duang is thai though i think , how can she permanently be refused entry in her own country ?

Probably just a face saving thing.

The cops were probably called because the hotel suspected a drug party. The cops were probably suprised at the room full of buck naked partiers and decided to bust them and spin some public relations press releases "Foreigners disrespect Thai culture" blah blah blah... (Super police work by the way, nabbing these evil doers. This should help to keep the streets safe for bag/gold snatchers and other "good" citizens to ply their trade.)

Hanky panky existed in Thailand long before the first "farang" stepped foot here and if all the foreigners were expelled tomorrow, I think (naughty) sanook would not skip a heart beat.

Just my two satang :o

From what I have gathered here and in some Thai sources, the police have known about these parties and have sent undercover police to them before, so I think they knew what was going down (no pun intended) before they raided it. And other posters have alluded to the fact that the hotel was fully knowledgable on what was going in the room.

I think all of this is a general crackdown as a political statement. There is another thread where three young women were arrested on a hi5 sting as well.

Well, I, for one, and sure feel real safe now that the police have taken three young hoodlums and this nefarious group of party-goers off the streets!

LOL

The hour long expose is on Thai TV now showing how the evil farangs used Thailand for a sex party and how the Thai police saved the day. And oh the shame of the adults having consensual sex. What a joke this place is.

I've been here 8 years or so and the hypocrisy is simply astounding. Have to say- it's starting to get to me. I can go down to a giant 'entertainment complex' in BKK right now and have an orgy with 10 girls and no one cares. Indeed, the police are taking freebies at massage parlors all over the place right now.

But 1. This makes for a great story and gives the police a chance to look like they are on top of things and 2. As has been suggested, definitely the organizer moved in on another organizer's turf. Just the like the mass arrests of farangs dealing drugs on Samui - the market is already cornered by well connected Thais.

My rant for the day.

Interesting. I WAS a member of Chris & Duang's yahoo group, though i never attended a party.

Apparantly one of the many member rules was that you had to say if you entered Thailand.

I subsequently flew into Thailand, but knowing i had a pretty busy schedule & therefor little or no chance of getting to a party, i didn't bother to mention i'd arrived into the Kingdom.

Next thing, a few days later i gets an email saying that I have failed to abide by group rules by not telling them of my arrival & that if i didn't have a damned good reason, i would be removed from the group.

I was rather shocked at the implications of this......... surely, can only be a mole at airport immigration!? with all group member's names flagged up. How else could they possibly know i had entered Thailand?

I did intend to follow this up, but got busy with other things & never did.

Did you own a mobile phone number which they had.

Did you write any email to the group or them from inside Thailand.

Did you visit the group webpage from within Thailand.

1. Its a while ago now, but i'm 90% sure they did not have either my UK or Thai mobile phone number.

(How would thay have known from that anyway?)

2. No

3. No

I am very suprised no one else has commented on this, thank you Will.

????? What do you mean ?

Read bahts ...obviously . Typo . thanks

According to my wifes translation of the news report the offenders have been blacklisted and will not be allowed into Thailand again. Seems a bit harsh!

Cheers, Rick

Yes its rather harsh !!!! Duang is thai though i think , how can she permanently be refused entry in her own country ?

By the way do you mean all the guests at that party or only the organisers ?

I didn't know it was against the law to have sex behind ...

Both couples and single men are charged an entrance fee, ostentiously for the food and drink. But a single man pays far more than a couple, so I guess single men eat and drink more than a couple??? So no, the party would not have been free-of-charge. But on a legal note, is it prostitution if the people actually doing the activities do not receive any compensation? Is it prostitution if the people receiving the compensation merely provide a venue for like-minded adults to play?

I just wonder what about the numerous fishbowls around the country... :o

All major Thai laws follow American laws.

Just as the Thai rules of the road mirror British rules of the road, so too do Thai laws on drugs and sex and deviant behavior follow Uncle Sam's dictates.

Take a look at Thailand's rules regarding illegal drugs (ganga, cocaine, opium, speed, you name it) - they're note for note the same as U.S.'s rules.

Same for laws re; sexual mores. So, America's puritanical laws re; so-called sexual deviation are adopted by Thailand, though their implementation in Thailand has a particularly Thai spin, such as.......

>>>> more pay-off options channeled to arresting cops and/or cops on the particular beat where the alleged offenses are perpetrated.

>>>> Thai VIP's and big shots are immune to getting busted, whereas foreigners are prime targets.

Thailand's legal system appears to have little or no originality when it comes to writing laws.

If Thais weren't so heavily influenced by Uncle Sam, and could write laws that fit better with their culture and traditions, ganga and opium would be legal and so would prostitution.

Yes, and there's a lot of money earned with drugs and 6 in the USA... :o

What a bunch of hype. Still, orgies or prostitution- many jump to defend both of the worlds oldest mainly procured dissolving 'illusions'.

But as a litmus test, in reality very few would ever encourage their very own daughters, sons, or loved one's to engage...

Meanwhile, agree with most, the Thai police have a lot more pressing issues to attend to (increasingly, defensively, especially of late) and all the recent raids, clampdowns etc are mostly moot and simply PR attempts 'about face'.

History has proven that a private residence is the best place for such parties. Least likely to attract attention of the authorities or jealous crazy religious people with boring lives trying to cause problems for people who have interesting lives.

I agree, Navalator.

So how about your place? Say, next Saturday night at 8.00pm. Is that OK?

If I was a respectable hotel establishment owner and this sort of thing was going on in the rooms, I wouldn`t like it either.

Especially if there were drugs involved, that could also mean the arrests of the management for allowing these activities and possible closure of the hotel.

Edited by sassienie

Uh,i don't know who you married,but my wife?NO CHANCE.Not all expats are here for the sleaze... :o You would be amazed how many decent farangs live here. :D

Decent is good and I totally respect decent people :D like you. So many innocent people however, die not knowing what hit them. It's the reality of HIV/AIDS in the third world.

I mentioned 'accident' in my previous post about condoms breaking. People acquire HIV/AIDS by accident too, you know. It's not just the immoral that fall victim to the condition.

And no, thanks, I ain't married. I still like my Vaseline :D