Philippine Visa Under Balikbayan Programme

You guys seems to know most things so would be grateful if you can help. My wife and I are both resident in Thailand. She filipina, me Brit. Married recently in Thailand, marriage registered at philippine embassy bkk, nice certificate from them to say this has been registered etc. we are going to spend easter in the phils. under balikbayan rules I get one year visa free on arrival if we arrive together with nice certificate from phil embassy. anyone know if I can still get the year if I enter on my own with my nice certificate from embassy or will I need to apply for and pay for a visa as we intend to stay for longer than 21 days. many thanks

Great Idea.....Thailand how about it then....go on....ah ...... :o

Got a mate who is married to a Phil.and goes back every year or so and sure enough gets a yearly visa on arrival but only when they travel together.

One time he arrrived Con Deo and got the standard 21 days but later believe managed to change it in town (assume immi) but had to take his wife with him.....

anyway rules may have chainged MKO J.

Bit of Info...

MANILA, Philippines -- The Bureau of Immigration has relaxed its rules for returning Filipinos or "balikbayans" by giving them a one-year visa-free stay in the country, Commissioner Marcelino Libanan has said.

A balikbayan principally refers to a former Philippine citizen who has become a naturalized citizen of another country.

Libanan said they decided to ease the bureau's rule after being swamped with queries and complaints from returning Filipinos who claimed that they were confused by some immigration officers who would give them a 21-day stay instead of one year on the pretext that they have been to the country more than once over a 12-month period.

"We will be doing our balikbayans a disservice if such mistakes by some of our immigration officers are not addressed and rectified, especially in light of our government's thrust to encourage our countrymen abroad to visit the land of their birth and even settle and have business here," Libanan said.

Under immigration rules, a balikbayan shall declare before a Philippine immigration officer at the port of entry that he or she is availing of the balikbayan privilege and shall present his or her valid passport in addition to other supporting documents such as the passenger's cancelled Philippine passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers to show former Philippine citizenship or certification from the adopted country.

Libanan said the balikbayan privilege was extended to foreign spouses as well as minor, unmarried children provided they were traveling together. :D