Stamped "not Valid For Further Travel"

Is this common? As far as I know I can not get my GF to extend her visa now, but if they did not put the stamp on her visa I could have.

Mate,PM "Bridge" about your query,as he is the most knowledgeable person in regard to visa issues. :o

Is this common? As far as I know I can not get my GF to extend her visa now, but if they did not put the stamp on her visa I could have.

Patongster,

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you referring to a ‘no further stay condition’ attached to your girlfriend’s tourist visa?

If so, this condition (Condition 8503) operates so as to prevent the visa holder applying for another visa, with the exception of a protection visa, whilst they remain in Australia. For example a person in Australian on a subclass 676 tourist visa with Condition 8503 attached, would be prevented for applying for an onshore spouse visa.

Condition 8503 can only be waived where ‘compelling and compassionate circumstances have developed over which the visa holder had no control, and that resulted in a major change to their circumstances’.

It is mandatory for Condition 8503 to be imposed on a subclass 679 sponsored family visitor visa, and discretionary on a subclass 676 tourist visa. Where discretionary, it is usually imposed where the DIAC decision maker had some residual concerns that the visa applicant may not comply with the conditions of their tourist visa.

I Hope this has helped. If not, please let me know.

Regards

Bridge

The "not valid for further travel" stamp merely indicates the visa was for a single entry only. ie you can't use it again for another entry.

The 8503 visa condition (if there is one) means you can't apply for an extension of stay (further visa) while in Australia. (except in prescribed circumstances)

The "not valid for further travel" stamp merely indicates the visa was for a single entry only. ie you can't use it again for another entry.

The 8503 visa condition (if there is one) means you can't apply for an extension of stay (further visa) while in Australia. (except in prescribed circumstances)

Misunderstood what the OP was asking, but I certainly agree with what Old Croc says.

bridge

My girlfriend had the same stamp, I am of the belief that it is probably a standard thing they do on the first visa granted.

Nothing to worry about.

Bridge a question for you, once a person has had a 3 month visa granted and stayed that time then gone back to there home country, how long do they have to wait to apply to get another visa and are there restrictions on time spent in and out of the country over a 12 month period.

Thanks in advance Rick

My girlfriend had the same stamp, I am of the belief that it is probably a standard thing they do on the first visa granted.

Nothing to worry about.

Bridge a question for you, once a person has had a 3 month visa granted and stayed that time then gone back to there home country, how long do they have to wait to apply to get another visa and are there restrictions on time spent in and out of the country over a 12 month period.

Thanks in advance Rick

Rick,

There is no regulation that provides that a person cannot apply for a subsequent tourist visa within a certain time period. Ultimately it will come down to whether that person continues to satisfy the genuine visitor requirements.

In deciding whether or not a visitor visa applicant is a genuine visitor, DIAC decision-makers are advised to consider whether an applicant is attempting to circumvent proper migration channels and use the visitor visa program to maintain an ongoing residence in Australia.

Where there are concerns about the number of times an applicant has visited Australia or the length of their stays in Australia, in assessing whether they still meet the genuine visitor criterion, DIAC decision-makers are advised to consider the following:

• whether the individual has a history of compliant travel;

• the length of each visit the individual has made to Australia;

• whether the person has spent more than 18 months in Australia over a 3 year period;

• the individual's ability to support themselves without working, whilst in Australia;

• whether there are any other visa options more suitable for the individual;

• whether they intend to migrate to Australia.

Regards

bridge

Australian Registered Migration Agent

Thanks for the reply's.

She does not have the 8503 condition but the "no further travel confused me.

How easy is it to extend the visa?

What about a prospecive spouse visa, can she still go back to Thailand for a month if it was issued here before her tourist visa runs out?

And do you have to get Married here by the end of the 9 months or could I do it in Thailand.

Bridge your expertise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by patongster

Thanks for the reply's.

What about a prospecive spouse visa, can she still go back to Thailand for a month if it was issued here before her tourist visa runs out?

And do you have to get Married here by the end of the 9 months or could I do it in Thailand.

From this page:

"Note: the marriage may take place either in or outside Australia as long as the marriage takes place after the applicant's first entry to Australia on their prospective marriage visa. "

Thanks for the reply's.

Hi Patongster,

Happy to answer any questions you may have - no problem with that whatsoever. Please clarify a few points though.

Is your girlfriend currently in Australia holding a subclass 676 tourist visa?

Is she intending to apply for a fiancee visa (prospective - marriage subclass 300)? If so, this visa cannot be applied for in Australia. It must be applied for offshore, i.e Thailand.

Once issued, the marriage must occur within 9 months from the date of grant of the visa (Condition 8519). As CharlieB correctly pointed out, the marriage however can take place in or outside Australia, as long as the visa holder (as they would then be) makes an initial entry into Australia on the subclass 300 visa (Condition 8515).

Condition 8515

The holder of the visa must not marry before entering Australia.

Condition 8519

The holder of the visa must enter into the marriage in relation to which the visa was granted within the period of the visa

Regards

bridge

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks in advance Rick

After a 3 month stay in Oz my girlfriend went back to Thailand, the next day she went to CC Tower & applied for another tourist visa.

Same as the first application we had photos of us together since we first met in Dec '06,

phone records, my bank details, employment details, pay slips, e-mails, copy of council rates listing house & other properties, previous travel insurance when in OZ & a letter of assurance from me.

Within about 5 days she was notified that her applicayion was successful & came to OZ for another 3 months. Both visas had the "not for further travel" on the visa sticker

She flew back to Thailand last Tuesday & the following day went to apply for another tourist visa & should know of a decision the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reply's.

Hi Patongster,

Happy to answer any questions you may have - no problem with that whatsoever. Please clarify a few points though.

Is your girlfriend currently in Australia holding a subclass 676 tourist visa?

Is she intending to apply for a fiancee visa (prospective - marriage subclass 300)? If so, this visa cannot be applied for in Australia. It must be applied for offshore, i.e Thailand.

Once issued, the marriage must occur within 9 months from the date of grant of the visa (Condition 8519). As CharlieB correctly pointed out, the marriage however can take place in or outside Australia, as long as the visa holder (as they would then be) makes an initial entry into Australia on the subclass 300 visa (Condition 8515).

Condition 8515

The holder of the visa must not marry before entering Australia.

Condition 8519

The holder of the visa must enter into the marriage in relation to which the visa was granted within the period of the visa

Regards

bridge

Thanks for answering my question, she is on the 676 tourist visa.

Edited by patongster

Ok can I and how would I go about extending her tourist visa? and will this affect any future visas she will make, like make it harder etc?

I would like to get her visa extended by 6 months, than fly to Thailand with her and make an appropriate visa for her return.

**edit**

I found the 601 form and will give it a shot.

Edited by patongster