Chiang Mai Mail Against Thai Human Rights?

DRTroy

CHIANG MAI MAIL AGAINST THAI HUMAN RIGHTS?

Is the English weekly of Chiang Mai opposed to Thai Human Rights? In refusing to publish any info on Gay Pride in CM??? This event is the collaborative effort of 22 Thai NGOs, organized by MPLUS who put on the first Gay Pride event. In Thai visa.com, ( in the forum, Chiang Mai Govenor petitioned ...) someone claiming to be the editor said he or she was on the committee of a German group who were giving money away to poor Thais, but would not cover Gay Pride because of the insider information he or she had. Seems Chiang Mai Mail is showing favoritism to foreign money people and not supporting the basic human rights of Thai people. Perhaps we should all boycott this paper until it changes its elitist policy and supports everyone.

I can relate gay pride to Mr Thaksin.

Just when one thinks they have disappeared, they keep coming back.

Whatever stories a newspaper or magazine decides to publish is up to the editor.

They are not charities, but businesses, there to publish articles what they consider people wish to read and will sell copies and attract advertisers.

This has nothing to do with human rights issues.

It’s the ole chip on the shoulder syndrome

Edited by sassienie

CHIANG MAI MAIL AGAINST THAI HUMAN RIGHTS?

Is the English weekly of Chiang Mai opposed to Thai Human Rights? In refusing to publish any info on Gay Pride in CM??? This event is the collaborative effort of 22 Thai NGOs, organized by MPLUS who put on the first Gay Pride event. In Thai visa.com, ( in the forum, Chiang Mai Govenor petitioned ...) someone claiming to be the editor said he or she was on the committee of a German group who were giving money away to poor Thais, but would not cover Gay Pride because of the insider information he or she had. Seems Chiang Mai Mail is showing favoritism to foreign money people and not supporting the basic human rights of Thai people. Perhaps we should all boycott this paper until it changes its elitist policy and supports everyone.

better idea - why not write to [email protected] if enough people write in they will change their mind. the editor's name is Phitsanu Thepthong or the publishers name is Pratheep Malholtra

22 NGO's ? These NGO's can't find more severe problems than coordinating a Gay pride parade in the least homophobic country on earth?

raising funds and awareness for promoting safe sex and aids awareness is very important. many of the young people today, not only in Thailand, are having unprotected sex. this also affects both hetrosexual and homosexual people alike, because many of the young men have sex with both men and women for their own reasons.

What is the worst thing that could happen if your threat to boycot the Chiang Mai Mail actually happens?

Nothing much that I can see, and nothing that effects me at all.

Then why do you keep posting?

Or are we all only allowed to post about things that "effect" Ajarn?

22 NGO's ? These NGO's can't find more severe problems than coordinating a Gay pride parade in the least homophobic country on earth?

raising funds and awareness for promoting safe sex and aids awareness is very important. many of the young people today, not only in Thailand, are having unprotected sex. this also affects both hetrosexual and homosexual people alike, because many of the young men have sex with both men and women for their own reasons.

That's an extremely important mission I'm sure. But 22 NGO's?

Anyhow, I hope the gay folks get the event that makes them happy, though I never understood the "pride" apect of it.

Funny, I don't see anything wrong with being gay at all, but I always considered pride to be the deadliest of all sins.