Bread Machine

frodo77

I have a Zojirushi bread machine in Canada. This is not available in Thailand and so I am looking for alternatives. I have seen the Verasu brand in Paragon Bangkok but was not impressed. Has anyone seen bread machines for sale anywhere in Pattaya? I have checked Home Pro in Carrefour and all the big chains. Any leads would be appreciated.

I use one brought/bought from abroad (the U.S.), and simply plug it in with a 110/220 power converter... just make sure your converter can handle the required voltage...

I have an older machine, but was checking prices lately on Amazon and such... They've really come down in the U.S., and many quality models available. Last time I checked, the couple of models Verasu has on offer here were in the $150 range. Just depends if you make occasional trips abroad.

Bread in Thailand, by and large, tends to be pretty mediocre.... So it's not so surprising that the selection of bread machines available for purchase here likewise tends to be pretty limited, especially when you're outside BKK (but even here too).

I have a Zojirushi bread machine in Canada. This is not available in Thailand and so I am looking for alternatives. I have seen the Verasu brand in Paragon Bangkok but was not impressed. Has anyone seen bread machines for sale anywhere in Pattaya? I have checked Home Pro in Carrefour and all the big chains. Any leads would be appreciated.

Frodo,

Have you tried the kitchen utensil place going east from carrefor,just before Foodland.They have a good selection of everything in there but not sure of bread making machine.Maybe this is a stupid question but where do you get the dough from to make the bread as i have never done before.

Happy hunting and let me know if you find something.

Thanks Patklang and will try it. With a bread machine you use flour, water, milk, butter or olive oil, sugar, salt and instant active yeast. It does the rest and about 2 to 3 hours later a fresh loaf of bread with no added preservatives. This of course means that the bread goes off quicker than Supermarket bread. I slice the bread and freeze to use later. The salesman at Paragon told me no problem to buy flour and yeast here. I have seen flour but still looking for the yeast which I believe is available in Tops. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Patklang and will try it. With a bread machine you use flour, water, milk, butter or olive oil, sugar, salt and instant active yeast. It does the rest and about 2 to 3 hours later a fresh loaf of bread with no added preservatives. This of course means that the bread goes off quicker than Supermarket bread. I slice the bread and freeze to use later. The salesman at Paragon told me no problem to buy flour and yeast here. I have seen flour but still looking for the yeast which I believe is available in Tops. Will keep you posted.

Cheers Frodo,we have a Tops here in Pattaya,as you know.Will have a look around also to check this machine out,it sounds a good idea especialy the smell of homemade bread,yummmmmyyyyyyy.

• 1 month later...

The ONLY place I've seen a NEW bread machine for sale in Pattaya is at Central Dept Store in the new mall. Very expensive in my opinion, about 8,000 baht. Did see a used one at a Pawn Shop on Pattaya South, just east of the Shell gas station, but on the south side of the street. That was about 2,000, about 6 months ago. These are not easy to find in Thailand. FYI, if you do get over to Singapore, they sell them at the Carefour there, much CHEAPER.

I have bought several in Robinson Sri Racha (3 years ago).

Latest I seen was indeed in the new department store in the new Central Festival. They are normally priced between 6000 and 8000 Baht here.

Yeast is freely available in foodland, Best Supermarket and Friendship. The cheap Thai made yeast (small brown glass bottles) works perfectly fine in a bread machine. They also stock the bigger 250 gram packs from Brugman.

Wheat is also freely available at above mentioned supermarkets, with the biggest choice at Foodland, where they stock all kinds, all grains etc...

Thanks everyone. I was in the new Central Mall yesterday and spotted a Fagor model in the Central Dept store on sale for 5525 baht. However I have been pricing the various flours and they are not cheap, so I am in holding mode at the moment.