Spaghetti Factory Soi 13/2

junki3korean

Hi all,

Love the pasta at spaghetti Factory....go there very frequently... have chatted with some expats and others who work in patters and say that place is over priced! :o

200-300 Baht A pasta to me isn`t bad!?!? right!?? It would be about the same for a pasta at S&P or Pizza factory.....Why do they complain? has the prices gone up??

the bolognese is amazing! i love it.....pizza is good too :D

Whats your input.....on prices and food

Love too know! :D chheers andy..

There is a nice Italian Restaurant on the left side when you go up Tappraya Rd towards Jomtien. Corner where you go down to Jade House.

Pasta starts at around 90 Baht. Homemade by the Italian Owner, lot of Italien Expats go there, they should know how Italian Food has to taste, right?

So yes, your Factory is expensive.

The only reason that the pasta place on Thappraya Road is popular is because its cheap. I can't say the last time Tino (the Italian Guy) cooked anything in his kitchen. His staff do the cooking and they are Thai and just by the way it is made in bulk and then reheated in the microwave.

Certainly not a restaurant either, roadside cafe would be close.

Used to be great for the locals in the area as it was the meeting point to sit around and drink, until they decided that if you don't eat you can't sit!!!

Yep 300 baht for pasta is a complete rort... Worse there are too many places in town trying it on with prices similar to that.. most expensive part of the dish is the Parmesan cheese you sprinkle on top. In most places they only use 'local' parmesan anyhow.... Go check out the price of dried pasta in the supermarket..CHEAP... also the other key ingredients in Italian food.. onions, garlic, minced meat, Tomatoes (good quality canned Italian toms aren't pricey) fresh locally grown flat leaf parsley and other herbs.. If they are making their own fresh pasta it's even cheaper.. I make consistanly good Italian style pasta dishes at home for a fraction of the reasturant cost.. Capers, Anchovies, Parmesano Reggiano and good qual olive oil are the only 'expensive' ingredients and they are only used sparingly anyhow.. Most Italian pasta is a 'peasant' dish and isn't meant to be drowned in sauce ..

Anyway there are one or two smaller less fancy places in town that offer great value with past priced between 120 -160 baht.. Full of Italians (dunno if this is a bonus but usually means the food is authentic) and many good dishes... The 'big' names like Pan Pan and such like are just taking the p*ss..

Edited by Pdaz

Thanks for the replies.......I would just like ask yous who have replied....have you tried the Spaghetti Factory???

I only say it is worth it, for the reason of quality and quantity......although I would never expect a thai or someone working on mid wage in patters to pay that much for a plate of pasta.....

The Factory is way overpriced and has rude staff.....They gotta a prime location and don't need repeat customers....

Yeah, Tino used to be nice in the good old times, no longer since the main road goes quasi through his place....

Try Oasis-Restaurant inside Diana-Estate on Soi Bouakao. They have Spaghetti Specials every Wednesday and a great Fish-Dish on Fridays & Mondays. Great deal and good portions for 149.--Baht incl. small salad and a lovely place to cool down and meet friends, away from noise and emissions! :o

JL.