P1p Spaghetti Sauce

rrose070

That I haven't checked at Kasem yet. I ride a bicycle, and am afraid on Huay Kaew! But, it used to be in Chiang Kien, at the Cherry Mart - no longer. Is it worth risking the ride to Kasem? Is it still a going deal? My Dolly has a fierce and frequent hankerin' for good ol' garlicky spag....

I can't pick up the origination of your post, but I am half Italian, been in Chiangmai 2 yrs. now and would love to talk to someone about making a good spaghetti with meatballs and Italian sausage. I have a great recipe but can't find Italian sausage anywhere here in Chiangmai. Can anyone help?

I saw it for sale at Dacheeso last Saturday.

Dacheeso is inside Amorn Niwet village, off the Hang Dong Road (going out of town), a left turn after the Esso gas station and JUST before the Siam Commercial Bank. (So before you get to Tesco).

Once inside Amorn Niwet just keep going straight until you see "The Hideaway" restaurant on the left, that's where the shop is. (Part of the restaurant)

( But if riding a bike on Huay Kaew scares you then I wonder how you find the Hang Dong road. :o )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks for the information. Bounissimo's does not appear to carry Italian sausage; but I will check out the store located at the Hide Away. Also I have discovered American breakfast link sausages at Carrefour. They did not appear to be very fresh the last few times I checked. also quite expensive, but they are delicious.

Ginny, maybe we should each cook up a pot and invite each other over to enjoy! :o I couldn't find italian sausage either, but Tesco has a fairly decent seasoned ground pork I've been using. Not the same though!! Is P1p (a TV member) still making his sauce? It came in jars and was quite good. But I was stuck in the USA for the past year, so things may have changed...anyone?