What r the nicest condos on sukhumvit/silom

as a place to rent out for a fair wack of cash return (to pay the bank loan and a little profit...)

Will,

You also asked "how to make a bundle of easy cash?"

If your posts are serious I strongly suggest you read this forum before asking such questions. Get real or you will end up losing whatever sum you are prepared to invest.

And if you can find anywhere in the world an apartment which can pay the bank loan and make a profit, tell me about it because I am also interested in free money.

just a few shots fronm the hip,Vorranuch, your response was more or less the sort I expected...but I've had a few nice PMs if its any consolation! And yes, I do know of places to buy that could pay the bank loan and make a profit. Just not the location I'm looking for, thats all.  :o

Good luck anyway. Just beware of all the friendly peoples who tell you about miraculous opportunities. If these were real, they would actually work on them and not sell them to you.

Take a good lawyer if you buy property. And remember many farangs are scammed by...farangs!

The ACTUAL return on a condo is very low. As has been said, if it could have been done, it would have been done.

1)Other people know far more about opportunities in the condo sector than you. You don't think realtors (estate agents) have relatives, friends, for example.You (and I) come low in the food chain of property opportunities.

2) How do you KNOW that the rent quoted is the rent that was paid? Because the vendor told you? What about voids? Even if the rent paid is correct, does he remember to tell you it was empty for nine months?

3)My rented condo is having a new lift put in. The condo is oldish. Any major works bills lurking about? or is it rapidly turning into an overcrowded run down slum, like another condo I saw.

4)Is the management committee dominated by one family/group. My friend's condo is, so if "they" don't want it, it aint gonna happen. "They" are quite happy to run this block into the ground, and their relatives have noisy parties etc., so what.......

5)Resale value? Older condos are worth LESS as they get older as a general rule, due to maintainence, and that Thais like new build. What happens if currency restrictions come in? Will you be able to export that amount of baht? Will anyone want to buy it?

A coworker did the simplest thing. He bought in his home town, rented it, and made a profit on the rent after several years, (he won't sell, it is his pension as it were) and uses the profit to rent a condo here.