Buying And Financing A Motorbike

luxecat

Hi All,

I want to help my girlfriend buy a new motorbike. I am providing the down payment, she will make the monthly payments, and her parents will get the loan in their name. They will be purchasing the bike in Nakhon Phanom in northern Issan.

She is looking at buying a Honda click automatic. A 2008

My questions are:

1. What is the average price of a new Honda Click automatic?

2. I'm thinking of giving $10,000 baht for down. Is that about right?

3. What are the usual financing terms? And do you get a better price with shorter terms?

4. Also can you buy a good used model from a reputable dealer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi All,

I want to help my girlfriend buy a new motorbike. I am providing the down payment, she will make the monthly payments, and her parents will get the loan in their name. They will be purchasing the bike in Nakhon Phanom in northern Issan.

My questions are:

3. What are the usual financing terms? And do you get a better price with shorter terms?

A new click is just over50k. Interest rates are very high. No discount for cash. You can find a repo just over a year old for around 30-35k.

Hi All,

My questions are:

Cheers

Why would your g/f's parents have to get a loan if you are making the down payment and your g/f is going to make the monthly payments?

:o

ajahnlau. at the moment the interest charged is 0.99% per year at my local dealer. thats on Honda.

A new honda click is around 45.00 baht. Dealers sometimes have almost new re-possesed bikes ( where the girlfriends have not kept up the payments)

I think what you are saying that you will pay a deposit and the parents will sign the garuntee, best way to go then you will not get to involed if anything go's wrong with the deal.

Of couse the larger the initial deposit, the lower the monthly payments. Make sure you get insurance against theft as new bikes are big targets for the tea leaves.

Welcome to the club.

Most dealer's finance the Bike's themselves no questions asked about earnings etc, but they will charge any were from 2% to 5% per Month its just another loan shark in disguise, the Honda deal sounds good but she will probably have to pass a credit check, stick to the Honda deal if at all possible beware of the Sharks that make more money from the loan than from the bike itself. :o

Hi All,

My questions are:

Cheers

$ 10000 down 33+000 Baht deposit leaves 15000 baht ish for new and second hand you will buy the Honda Click :o wellcome to Thailand.

Hi All,

My questions are:

Cheers

I would suggest minimum 20k baht deposit, better 30k, leaves less for her to find. If I may be so bold as to make another suggestion...once you have agreed and parted with the deposit.....let her make the decision as to what finance she can obtain and afford; and the bike she eventually purchases. Would you rob her of the experience of a new bike by insisting she buy second hand?New is quite a big thing in Thailand, so by suggesting second hand you do yourself no favours...if you see what I mean. On the other hand if your girlfriend chooses second hand all is fine.....just a thought.

Happy motoring :o

Hi All,

My questions are:

Cheers

??????

I guess that you mean 10,000 Baht, not 10,000$

If Click is 55,000 Baht, less 10,000Bt deposit

Balance 45,000Bt

Most of these motorbike shops charge 100% over 3 years equivalent to more than 50% interest per year!!!!

So

45,000 + 45,000 interest = 90,0000 over 36 months, approx 2,500 Bt per month.

So, the other question is, can your gf afford 2,500 Baht per month? If you are going to get stuck with making the monthly repayments, you may as well buy for cash now.

Maybe look at a Honda Wave for 36,000Bt. or 2nd hand