Thaksin To Face New Corruption Charge Over Improper Bank Loans

sriracha john

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets here not forget though that Sondhi L. tried to pressure Thaksin unsuccessfully to keep Viroj, his financial adviser, as head of KTB, leading to the fall out between the two.

That is not illegal.

It may not be, but it does show how incestuous this game here is.

I would still like to see a probe into Viroj's support in Sondhi's debt relief, and Thaksin's involvement there...

Lets here not forget though that Sondhi L. tried to pressure Thaksin unsuccessfully to keep Viroj, his financial adviser, as head of KTB, leading to the fall out between the two.

That is not illegal.

It may not be, but it does show how incestuous this game here is.

I would still like to see a probe into Viroj's support in Sondhi's debt relief, and Thaksin's involvement there...

I would love to see Viroj on the stand full stop. Thaksin can hardly sink any lower on a personal level, although this will probably make his family pucker up a lot. As for what he might have to say about Sondhi, now that would be even more fascinating.

Justanother ... posted

This case seems to be typical of all the "corruption" cases that come up now - they are aimed at Thaksin solely, and involvement of people and factions allied with the present powers somehow fall under the table

Well the word is out and Thaksin must be taken down. What is, I was almost going to say suprising, but, how many really have it locked in that somehow Thaksin is/was different than previous goverments or the current Democratic coalition. Sadly if you wear a good suit and tell farangs what they want to hear they'll believe ya. As for corruption in thailand, it'll remain at the same level or even get a little worse but that fact will get lost in all the yammering.

The biggest lies in Thailand are the ones westerners tell to themselves.

ah well I'm off for some Khie Geow and Sri Racha sauce

some of the scum you are refering to are now congealed in an alliance with the Democrats

Now, the really heavy, pitch black, die-hard Thaksin goo is still sticking together.

Pre-coup days have seen only the first phaze of distillation process - collecting of ALL scum together. From 2006 and post coup days the scum was sorted and more or less acceptable elements were upgraded.

It's not that Newin has got any better, it's just that Chalerm and Co are so much worse.

Interesting chemical analogy but I think you're confusing scum with surface starch. You see , in the decomposition of the previous govournment, some of the molecules ( free radicals ) , detatched themselves and then adhered to the Democrats, attracted by 40 million positive neutobahts. These are the very same molecules that are apparently keeping the Democrats buoyant and allowing them to float on top of the political cess pool ..... hence we have surface starch . Admittedly, without the free radical molecules they would indeed sink to their previous position in the periodic table. :o

Sondhi must be royal pardoned if there has been any transgression, for he is the holy lamb of self-sacrifice who rid the country of the great serpent.

I think you'll find the words in red need to replaced with the currently in vogue politically correct term : ' Thaksins Reign of Terror '

This promotes Thaky to where he belongs, up there with Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler etc.

Sondhi must be royal pardoned if there has been any transgression, for he is the holy lamb of self-sacrifice who rid the country of the great serpent.

I think you'll find the words in red need to replaced with the currently in vogue politically correct term : ' Thaksins Reign of Terror '

This promotes Thaky to where he belongs, up there with Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler etc.

LOL ..

How many people does your boy Thaksin need to be responsible for killing before it becomes a reign of terror in your eyes?

2600+ in the war on drugs sure does it for me .... (not to mention all the others)

BTW did you really want to see him brought up on those other charges you mentioned?

Fact is the Great Serpent is being brought down in the same way as Al Capone, by small, yet indictable offenses.

Fiddling around with the Law to permit sale of his Empire of Sin to Singaporean pirates was morally worse, but its hard to secure a conviction except on the tax side.

Ditto the mass murders of crackheads, smackheads and Muslims. The picture of those scrawny Islamic fanatics packed in that lorry was akin to the photos of Jews waiting to be gassed in Chelmno.

Inhumanity continues. If you hit someone on the back of his head with a rifle butt, his gold teeth fall out.

Fact is the Great Serpent is being brought down in the same way as Al Capone, by small, yet indictable offenses.

Fiddling around with the Law to permit sale of his Empire of Sin to Singaporean pirates was morally worse, but its hard to secure a conviction except on the tax side.

Ditto the mass murders of crackheads, smackheads and Muslims. The picture of those scrawny Islamic fanatics packed in that lorry was akin to the photos of Jews waiting to be gassed in Chelmno.

Inhumanity continues. If you hit someone on the back of his head with a rifle butt, his gold teeth fall out.

With some of the stuff you come out with, can't help wondering if you yourself have sustained a blow to the head.

With some of the stuff you come out with, can't help wondering if you yourself have sustained a blow to the head.

Fact is Hillary Clinton gave Thailand a miss on her 4 nation maiden tour of Asia

This is an insult to all Thai people, and repercussions will be severe.

More head trauma? :o

There is a little more to this story in that following the revelations that Viroj was involved as Head of KTB in giving out questionable loans,

Lets here not forget though that Sondhi L. tried to pressure Thaksin unsuccessfully to keep Viroj, his financial adviser, as head of KTB, leading to the fall out between the two. Some of the very questionable actions of Viroj was the help he has given Sondhi.

This case seems to be typical of all the "corruption" cases that come up now - they are aimed at Thaksin solely, and involvement of people and factions allied with the present powers somehow fall under the table.

Oh, I never said that Sonthi was not allegedly involved as well, but as this had already been written about by someone else, I didn't comment further on it. There are a lot of stories about these loans, and it will be interesting to see who ultimately is trapped in court.

Clinton chose only Indonesia among Asean countries and I don't see how it is a problem for Thailand.

It's just an attempt to get the focus of the thread to shift ... (kinda 'bait and switch')

This thread is about Thaksin ... the red's amongst us want it to be about anything BUT Thaksin ...

So a case against 19 people, and 5 companies involving 4.5 billion Baht ought to be forgotton ...
This case seems to be typical of all the "corruption" cases that come up now - they are aimed at Thaksin solely, and involvement of people and factions allied with the present powers somehow fall under the table.

Not against Thaksin solely, but 18 other people & 5 companies as well, as reported in the OP.

Fact is Hillary Clinton gave Thailand a miss on her 4 nation maiden tour of Asia

Perhaps one more name, to go on the list in the cursing-ceremony, next time ? :o:D

LOL ..

How many people does your boy Thaksin need to be responsible for killing before it becomes a reign of terror in your eyes?

2600+ in the war on drugs sure does it for me .... (not to mention all the others)

BTW did you really want to see him brought up on those other charges you mentioned?

The problem is JD that when you get excited you indulge in such extravagant hyperbole that you totally devalue the meaning of the words you are using. If we are to allow such terms as ' Thaksins reign of terror ' then where do we go for pithy epithets to describe the reigns of real tyrants like Pol Pot or Stalin.?? You'll have to admit that something like : ' Stalins naughty hegemony ' or ' Pol Pots nefarious rule ' just don't cut the mustard when the already established ' reign of terror does the job. Most people, even those of your political persuasion, would probably agree that your posts would profit from using more realistically applicable language.

Having said that, you will remember that I have persistantly condemned all violence regardless of who the perpetrators are and have already made my feelings known regarding Thaksins inexcusable defense of the Tak Bai incident. Nonetheless, the term ' Thaksins reign of terror ' is just way over the top and sounds ridiculous.

BTW if you read my post more carefully you will find I mentioned no ' charges ' , as in the case mentioned, no charges have been made.?

LOL ..

The problem is JD that when you get excited you indulge in such extravagant hyperbole that you totally devalue the meaning of the words you are using. If we are to allow such terms as ' Thaksins reign of terror ' then where do we go for pithy epithets to describe the reigns of real tyrants like Pol Pot or Stalin.?? You'll have to admit that something like : ' Stalins naughty hegemony ' or ' Pol Pots nefarious rule ' just don't cut the mustard when the already established ' reign of terror does the job. Most people, even those of your political persuasion, would probably agree that your posts would profit from using more realistically applicable language.

Having said that, you will remember that I have persistantly condemned all violence regardless of who the perpetrators are and have already made my feelings known regarding Thaksins inexcusable defense of the Tak Bai incident. Nonetheless, the term ' Thaksins reign of terror ' is just way over the top and sounds ridiculous.

BTW if you read my post more carefully you will find I mentioned no ' charges ' , as in the case mentioned, no charges have been made.?

So, what's your magic number?

Like I said 2600+ killed in the war on drugs with no trials etc (and many of them purportedly not being in the drug trade) sure does it for me! BTW --- Reign of Terror is traditionally used for the time of the French Revolution and had nothing to do with PolPot or Hitler (nice of you to TRY and make that argument though in an effort to diminish all the deaths here in Thailand!) So ... Reign of Terror had nothing to do with Pol Pot, Hitler OR Stalin.

and you will also note .. I asked IF you wanted Thaksin to be charged in the situation YOU brought up. (another attempt to shift away .....)

So what's your magic number? How many murders does one need to be responsible for while the PM of a country to use that description?

Thaksin to face fresh charge

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) planned to file a new corruption criminal charge against fugitive deposed PM Thaksin Shinawatra, accusing him of damaging the economic system by allowing Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited to issue large amount of credits when he was a premier, NACC member Klanarong Chantik said on Wednesday. The charge was filed to the Attorney-General before it will be forwarded to the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions for deliberation, he said. Previously, the now-defunct Assets Scrutiny Committee (ASC) submitted the case to the Attorney-General, but the information were deemed inadequate. A committee was then set up on July 29, 2008 to gather further evidence. The information are now complete, according to

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...ce-fresh-charge

In an another place, another time, I would be hailed a hero

post-54001-1235055518_thumb.png

No insult whatsoever. Asia is comprised of many countries. For her 1st world tour, she chose Asia (not Europe), and visited four of the most important Asian countries. Simple and sensible.

and you will also note .. I asked IF you wanted Thaksin to be charged in the situation YOU brought up. (another attempt to shift away .....)

No, your actual words were : " BTW did you really want to see him brought up on those other charges you mentioned ? " after all, you're the one who is usually so pedantic about being precise.

Still, in answer to your latest question, yes, IMO the whole question of waving Sondhis debt should also be investigated, whether Thaksin had any part in it and how the loan came to be made in the first place. Since the goings on at the Krung Thai bank are now under scrutiny why not investigate all irregularities.

As for the ' reign of terror ' you are correct as to its origins but it has also been used since to describe other despotic tyrannies........Thaksins not being one of them ....your own posts notwithstanding :o

So .. still avoiding the question ....

and skipping around with the rest.

Sad really!

I believe I answered your question directly enough . Perhaps you would like to tell me what I've skipped around and which question I have avoided ?

So, what's your magic number?

(snip)

So what's your magic number? How many murders does one need to be responsible for while the PM of a country to use that description?

And yes you skipped around on the rest ... doing a poor job of it semantically.

How many people have to die (not just those killed in the "war on drugs", but also in the south and then there are the 'disappeared' as well ...) ?????

The real Reign of Terror .. not the things YOU think it is ok to label that way (but deny others access to the, in this case, very accurate term) had a far lower death toll than the ones you mention. I have never equated Thaksin with any of those people (Stalin,Hitler) but hel_l ... someone responsible for mass murder on any scale pretty well rates the same. (Didn't they hang Saddam Hussein for even fewer deaths than 2600? --- was his a reign of terror? I think the Kurds might say yes)

But this is about Thaksin and him facing even more charges during HIS reign of terror.