Thai Air Ways

WilliamCave

Hi all, was on a flight from bkk to HK on monday and the food on the flight was a beef stew with nuddles on the flight. Was really good tasting was inpressed with thai air ways food. And was noticing over the past few years compared to 20 years ago the food on planes is getting alot better, actually tasty and good.

what is your opinion

I flew with them last December and had some really good food. They do have some weird stuff though and their salads seem to be almost frozen.

The breakfast from BNE-BKK was the best I ever had - a mixed grill, presumeably catered in Australia. A lot better than the usual half frozen/half volcanic cheese omlette with chicken sausage.

I remember the food in the 70s (not Thai but generally) was rank and it stank the plane out. As a kid I dreaded it .

expensive and not worth it compared to ba, qantas, emirates e.g.

Hi all, was on a flight from bkk to HK on monday and the food on the flight was a beef stew with nuddles on the flight. Was really good tasting was inpressed with thai air ways food. And was noticing over the past few years compared to 20 years ago the food on planes is getting alot better, actually tasty and good.

what is your opinion

The food between BKK and HK and HK and ICN is good, but not as good between BKK and TPE and TPE and ICN. They're catering to different tastes by country as well as purchasing food in each country. When you leave Thailand, you're eating your last Thai meal on the flight out. Electricity is only 110 volts and you have to go to the lavatory to plug in if in economy class should your batteries be running low. There's nothing like a big seat outfitted with all the tech and electricity you get when flying up front in royal 1st class. That's where good food and plenty of electricity is found. Any internet yet?

I flew Business Class with Thai in January and it was crap compared with Singapore Airlines on the same route, food was very bland and would have been pretty rank even in economy and in flight entertainment was almost non existent, didn't even have a power point for a laptop, rubbish.

Edited by Maigo6

I flew Business Class with Thai in January and it was crap compared with Singapore Airlines on the same route, food was very bland and would have been pretty rank even in economy and in flight entertainment was almost non existent, didn't even have a power point for a laptop, rubbish.

What plane was that?

Really?

I booked C (well in fact D) on Etihad Bangkok- Paris, paid 65K + tax = 75K

Thai airways always much cheaper in C/D, really?

Certainly from London.. I'm usually flying to Sydney via Bangkok and it's about £2800. EVA are comparable.

I expect the Arab airlines may be cheaper, but I prefer non stop.

I find with Thai that you need to leave it fairly late as their prices more than 2 months or so away are always dear, and use an agent site rather than the TG website.

They were probably just serving YOU their rubbish....they know ur likely to winge no matter what they serve you....your reputation far proceeds you and its not just here on tv :o

They were probably just serving YOU their rubbish....they know ur likely to winge no matter what they serve you....your reputation far proceeds you and its not just here on tv :D

"Excuse me sir,but are you Maigo6" Why yes i am..."Here's yar f@#$ing food sir"!LOL :o

Edited by tritexengineering

What plane was that?

747/400, very disappointing, didn't even have screens in the seat rears, just 15 channels on a crap pull out of the armrest screen that was ancient, no games, no power points, this supposed to be business class <deleted>.......it was like going back in time.

65,000 Baht return Bkk/Tokyo/Bkk.

Never again.

What plane was that?

747/400, very disappointing, didn't even have screens in the seat rears, just 15 channels on a crap pull out of the armrest screen that was ancient, no games, no power points, this supposed to be business class <deleted>.......it was like going back in time.

Never again.

Thai airways are indeed very dissapointing these days,nothing like a few years ago.

"Excuse me sir,but are you Maigo6" Why yes i am..."Here's yar f@#$ing food sir"!LOL :o

That's another thing......

They don't use your name in Business Class, Singapore Airlines staff come up and greet you a smile and a " Welcome aboard Mr Go6, we hope you have a pleasant flight and don't hesitate to call upon us for any service you require"

The personal touch, heck I even had a Hostess sitting down with me once chatting about Singapore, ans she asked if I was staying in bangkok that night, mind you, I'm very good looking so that in itself is not that unusual, but still, it's a nice gesture.

The Thai flight was completely full and to my horror they overbooked in Economy so upgraded people from peasant class to completely fill Business Class also, I could tell they were economy passengers as they had that wide eyed look that says " wow these seats are bigger than in Economy and we get it for free, whilst that poor prick ( me ) paid through the nose for it, smug bastards !

Then again it was the last day of the Japanese New Years holidays so it was bound to be packed going to Tokyo, still out of order though upgrading them, should have left them stranded at the airport till the next available cattle class was available!

Singapore Airlines for me next time for sure, Thai is as smooth as sandpaper.

They don't use your name in Business Class, Singapore Airlines staff come up and greet you a smile and a " Welcome aboard Mr Go6, we hope you have a pleasant flight and don't hesitate to call upon us for any service you require"

The personal touch, heck I even had a Hostess sitting down with me once chatting about Singapore, ans she asked if I was staying in bangkok that night, mind you, I'm very good looking so that in itself is not that unusual, but still, it's a nice gesture.

The Thai flight was completely full and to my horror they overbooked in Economy so upgraded people from peasant class to completely fill Business Class also, I could tell they were economy passengers as they had that wide eyed look that says " wow these seats are bigger than in Economy and we get it for free, whilst that poor prick ( me ) paid through the nose for it, smug bastards !

Then again it was the last day of the Japanese New Years holidays so it was bound to be packed going to Tokyo, still out of order though upgrading them, should have left them stranded at the airport till the next available cattle class was available!

It's those tough gunslinger looks of yours mate...The women love it!

What plane was that?

Never again.

Must have been the old cabin. The new cabin has power points.

The 777-300 has a better cabin again. Large screens in the seat back as well.

Really?

Certainly from London.. I'm usually flying to Sydney via Bangkok and it's about £2800. EVA are comparable.

I don't understand, how is LHR-BKK-SYD any more 'non-stop', than LHR-DUB-SYD or LHR-AUH-SYD or LHR-DOH-SYD ? :o

Really?

I don't understand, how is LHR-BKK-SYD any more 'non-stop', than LHR-DUB-SYD or LHR-AUH-SYD or LHR-DOH-SYD ? :o

Non stop to BKK... I'd rather do it in one hit than spend several hours in some airport in the middle of the night.

Really?

Non stop to BKK... I'd rather do it in one hit than spend several hours in some airport in the middle of the night.

I also prefer non stop, if possible.

"Excuse me sir,but are you Maigo6" Why yes i am..."Here's yar f@#$ing food sir"!LOL :D

Really?

Well Maigo6.....I only flew thai business a couple of months ago & the flight attendants addressed me by name.....so perhaps its got something to do with your 28 letter surname....I could never get those spik surnames right myself, maybe the thai staff are having problems with that.

"Excuse me sir,but are you Maigo6" Why yes i am..."Here's yar f@#$ing food sir"!LOL :D

Really?

I don't understand, how is LHR-BKK-SYD any more 'non-stop', than LHR-DUB-SYD or LHR-AUH-SYD or LHR-DOH-SYD ? :D

Well Maigo6.....I only flew thai business a couple of months ago & the flight attendants addressed me by name.....so perhaps its got something to do with your 28 letter surname....I could never get those spik surnames right myself, maybe the thai staff are having problems with that.

:o:D

Really?

When did you get this fare ? Even cheaper than Qatar. Big difference with TG on this route, abt 130K last time I checked (but abt 90K from Yangon, which is another reason to keep on going there)

Luis, don't think I'll buy many F tickets this year...

expensive and not worth it compared to ba, qantas, emirates e.g.

My thoughts are the Thai is a very good airline, but too expencive compared to others. I used to fly direct BKK to London return regularly with Thai airlines. But the cost difference against EVA, who fly the same planes on the same route are excessive.

I now fly EVA and am happy with their service.

As for the airline food in general, the main improvement in the last 25 years, is that they have stopped putting black olives in every meal no matter what the meal.

I guess the EU black olive mountain must be exhausted at last. :o

My last flight to Thailand was July 07, and it was business class on the non-stop from JFK to BKK. It was the first time I have flown Thai International (although I have often flown Thai Airways domestically). Previously I have usually flown Northwest to Thailand, and at least once United. I was extremely pleased with the service on Thai International. It was a very modern cabin (at least up in business), service was excellent, ultimate courtesy.

I know this will sound odd, but I prefer coach food to business food...I'm not much on exotic food.

They have 20 B777s, only 6 are new.

Old one:

HS-TJK:

hstjk1.jpg

New one, HS-TJS:

hstjs2.jpg

It is so new, does not even have "no smoking" sign.

Instead, it has "Electronic devices off":

hstjs3.jpg

I was specific about the 777-300 which are being upgraded. These are all about 10 years old, which isn't actually all that old for a plane. The new cabin is excellent.

What plane was that?

Never again.

Must have been the old cabin. The new cabin has power points.

How "specific" are you here?

What aircraft are you talking about?

Don't bull-it.