Marriage, Sinsod, In-laws And 1.5m Baht

travellife

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run!

You can always go and have some fun!

Although I did a long, dull and withering piece about my own demise, this 'Run rabbit' thing will be my standard reply to all such threads from now on.

and whenever you're busy, just let me know...............I can always cut and paste FOR YOU!! :)

Teacup my dear, yes indeed, crack on old boy, use away!

It's the only little ditty that sprang to mind, but I think maybe sums up these predicaments, pending or terminally malignant.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really love her , and she loves you , the best thing to do is to go as far away

as possible from the family .

You made a big mistake ( sin sod ) , you married into a different culture , but so did they ....

Tell them you have a job offer you can't refuse , and quitely take your wife with you .

She is educated , so she can find a job easily , let her send her own money to her parents ,

and distance yourself from them , until they give you respect .

The best thing to do is to ignore them , as they do with you , it will work , because they

do not get the attention and faces you give them normally , they take their advantage of that , lack of knowledge

of their Chinese -Thai ways .

If your wife is truly she will go with you , if she aint her family is up to her head too much .

Believe me , it should not be like that and it is not normal at all , how old are you both ?

Good luck , and do something about it , you are too naiive , she should be pampering you .

Although I did a long, dull and withering piece about my own demise, this 'Run rabbit' thing will be my standard reply to all such threads from now on.

and whenever you're busy, just let me know...............I can always cut and paste FOR YOU!! :)

It's the only little ditty that sprang to mind, but I think maybe sums up these predicaments, pending or terminally malignant.

ooh really?

...woohoo...u r sooo CREATIVE!!!..totally!!!

ooh really?

...woohoo...u r sooo CREATIVE!!!..totally!!!

Are you American?

Are you American?

If you plan to shoot me.....then N and O...`````err...... that is NO!!!

U r better off looking for a canadian :)

Oh stop now!

A third of my lot are Brits, living, poor souls in Britain, a third are Americans living, poor souls in Los Angeles and the other third (who are, unsurprisingly bright orange in colour) are Canadians, living, poor souls in Winnipeg.

My advice my friend is to find a nice Issan girl, there love can usually be bought a lot cheaper.

I understand the whole Sin Sod thing and have no problem with it, but surely alarm bells must be ringing when the start talking those sort of princely numbers.

Are you American?

U r better off looking for a canadian :D

Oh stop now!

A third of my lot are Brits, living, poor souls in Britain, a third are Americans living, poor souls in Los Angeles and the other third (who are, unsurprisingly bright orange in colour) are Canadians, living, poor souls in Winnipeg.

Oh uncle stop it!

Where were you?....just came back from Vanatu?

Everyone here knows that I'm a thai....... A vivacious nymph at that

btw U r one of my idols, I like your pearl of wisdom when it comes to thingy like this :)

Cyea & we should team up next time

blip blip

TC :D

Are you American?

U r better off looking for a canadian :D

Oh stop now!

Oh uncle stop it!

Where were you?....just came back from Vanatu?

Everyone here knows that I'm a thai....... A vivacious nymph at that

btw U r one of my idols, I like your pearl of wisdom when it comes to thingy like this :)

Cyea & we should team up next time

blip blip

Oh, they're just pearls squeezed from my . . . nevermind.

Team up sounds dam_n fine to me!

I'm a dashing 34 years, relatively fit but simply noodles gorgeous darling!

countless threads bashing thais because they only teach them to read and remember what they've read. Every western man saying that in our countries we learn to think, deduct etc etc.

Well everything a thread like this pops up.. Where's our ability to do so?

So many people say they lose faith in humanity after watching the news.. if they'd read this forum once a month they'd commit suicide..

countless threads bashing thais because they only teach them to read and remember what they've read. Every western man saying that in our countries we learn to think, deduct etc etc.

Well everything a thread like this pops up.. Where's our ability to do so?

So many people say they lose faith in humanity after watching the news.. if they'd read this forum once a month they'd commit suicide..

I agree.

So many forums do have that effect I find.

I used to frequent THE most miserable site in the UK, housepricecrash.co.uk.

Serious wrist slitting material.

Ooh..... I’m not looking for the dashing noodle gor-jus part,…. JUST-BRING a bucket of common sense darling.

We could be a smash hit, or got hit & smash LOL...........remain to be seen yeah? :D

But outside TV, u can dream the dream

Later

TC :)

Ooh..... I'm not looking for the dashing noodle gor-jus part,…. JUST-BRING a bucket of common sense darling.

We could be a smash hit, or got hit & smash LOL...........remain to be seen yeah? :D

But outside TV, u can dream the dream

Later

Oooo! This site is fun!

Thanks everyone, I need this at the moment. :)

According to the family law:

The lady has the right NOT to return ANY asset given in the engagement. Even if they don't get married afterward.

Except there is bad behavior of the lady ie. having affairs etc.

There was a Court sentenced case: A man burrowed expensive ring to engage a girl. They broke up afterward. The girl had a right NOT to return the ring to the anybody. The owner only had to sue the man.

According to the family law:

The lady has the right NOT to return ANY asset given in the engagement. Even if they don't get married afterward.

Except there is bad behavior of the lady ie. having affairs etc.

There was a Court sentenced case: A man burrowed expensive ring to engage a girl. They broke up afterward. The girl had a right NOT to return the ring to the anybody. The owner only had to sue the man.

Why did I read that as 'rug' instead of 'ring'?

Why does that happen? Why would he buy her a rug? What is the sub-conscious up to?

:)

You and your wife need to leave the influence of the family, you will both be so much happier. When I was planning to get married with my wife the subject of Sinsod came up and I had never even seen ThaiVisa or the advice you can get here. It was explained to me that the sinsod was in a way an insurance policy in that should we ever split up then money was available to keep my wife and any children in the style to which they had become accustomed. I point blank refused. I said that I am not embarking on a journey of marriage and making provision for its possible failure. If I thought for one second that my marriage may fail I will not get married. I also said we would make it very easy on the parents, we would marry in my country, then the face issue was covered. My wife was behind me 100% and to be honest so to were my future in laws. We actually decided on the spur of the moment to just get married whilst we were visiting Bangkok. We found a justice of the peace and bingo, job done, just the two of us. I went to a Thai wedding last week, a pointless exercise. 1000 people turned up, sat at tables had free food, and when the waiters had served the last course EVERYBODY stood up and left on-masse after being their for 1 hour. What was the point? Why the expense? When any relatives ask now, its simple, we didnt get married here we did it in England, that seems to satisfy them, no loss of face for the MIL, and my wife and I are very happy. We live with the MIL at the moment while our house is being built, and she is just the best MIL a man could ever want.

By the way the burden of care is with the oldest daughter, not the youngest. It doesn't soundlike you are having a happy time with your wifes family, so if she is happy to sod off in to the sunset with you, then go and show the family that you won't be taken for a ride. Good luck.

You and your wife need to leave the influence of the family, you will both be so much happier. When I was planning to get married with my wife the subject of Sinsod came up and I had never even seen ThaiVisa or the advice you can get here. It was explained to me that the sinsod was in a way an insurance policy in that should we ever split up then money was available to keep my wife and any children in the style to which they had become accustomed. I point blank refused. I said that I am not embarking on a journey of marriage and making provision for its possible failure. If I thought for one second that my marriage may fail I will not get married. I also said we would make it very easy on the parents, we would marry in my country, then the face issue was covered. My wife was behind me 100% and to be honest so to were my future in laws. We actually decided on the spur of the moment to just get married whilst we were visiting Bangkok. We found a justice of the peace and bingo, job done, just the two of us. I went to a Thai wedding last week, a pointless exercise. 1000 people turned up, sat at tables had free food, and when the waiters had served the last course EVERYBODY stood up and left on-masse after being their for 1 hour. What was the point? Why the expense? When any relatives ask now, its simple, we didnt get married here we did it in England, that seems to satisfy them, no loss of face for the MIL, and my wife and I are very happy. We live with the MIL at the moment while our house is being built, and she is just the best MIL a man could ever want.

By the way the burden of care is with the oldest daughter, not the youngest. It doesn't soundlike you are having a happy time with your wifes family, so if she is happy to sod off in to the sunset with you, then go and show the family that you won't be taken for a ride. Good luck.

Some people . . . I don't know! :)

MJP instead of trying to articulate your feelings with smileys why don't you explain what I have said that has got you mad? What in the above para gets your 'some people i don't know response'?

MJP instead of trying to articulate your feelings with smileys why don't you explain what I have said that has got you mad? What in the above para gets your 'some people i don't know response'?

Oh sorry tigs, I forgot to add 'Some people . . . they're just smart and/or lucky'.

Just a wind up.

Well done for making it a real marriage. Good luck.

MJP

Thanks and sorry. I am now going to sit down outside with an ice cold beer and ponder why this normally gregarious chap is feeling so blatantly sensitive,

I've a manipulative and sick sense of humour, my fault.

Go steady old boy, stay on the well beaten path . . . do not stray. Sounds like you'll be fine.

so much talk here about thai woman only wanting money, thai woman are bloodsuckers and so on.

tell me,all those that have a dislike of thai woman,thai culture, and whatever else thai, what the hel_l are you doing on a site called thai visa.

there is a lot of rascism on here, really why do the haters come her,it makes 0 sense.

as for you ts, girls are under intense pressure from there mothers when a wedding is announced, there mothers being poor and you being farang will try and benifit from the situation.

not because they want to screw you,but because the think you can very easily afford it.

be honest about what you cannot afford,they would have taken a little rather then taken nothing.

the amount of gold was crazy,your wife new it but will not speak against her mother.

being a man you should have spoken up.

by the way your moneys gone now.

Yes, there are a lot of haters here.

Most of the guys that do the complaining are not in Thailand or they are in Thailand with very limited funds, so they would be compalining in any country on earth.

Monaco is a <deleted> place to live if you're broke, but multi millionaires love it, and they have a lot of choice.

there is a lot of rascism on here

Oh the Irony!

the amount of gold was crazy

not if he loves her!

be honest about what you cannot afford,they would have taken a little rather then taken nothing.

I think you mean if she (the MIL) is a good un' she would have taken a little rather than everything :)

Edited by Tigs

When I look at many Thai / Farang couples, my first impression is the Thai girl got the raw deal in many cases.

In my case, my missus got a great deal and so did her sister, they got a handsome man ( me ), but from what I see around me, there are not so many as lucky as them. :)

Most of the guys that do the complaining are not in Thailand or they are in Thailand with very limited funds, so they would be compalining in any country on earth.

Monaco is a <deleted> place to live if you're broke, but multi millionaires love it, and they have a lot of choice.

Thought you were in Japan, what brings you to Thailand, the Japanese version of the hel_l Club too expensive?

Japan is a <deleted> place to live for a hansum man with limited funds who cant afford whats on offer, maybe Thailand is as far as your budget stretches.

so much talk here about thai woman only wanting money, thai woman are bloodsuckers and so on.

tell me,all those that have a dislike of thai woman,thai culture, and whatever else thai, what the hel_l are you doing on a site called thai visa.

there is a lot of rascism on here, really why do the haters come her,it makes 0 sense.

as for you ts, girls are under intense pressure from there mothers when a wedding is announced, there mothers being poor and you being farang will try and benifit from the situation.

not because they want to screw you,but because the think you can very easily afford it.

the amount of gold was crazy,your wife new it but will not speak against her mother.

by the way your moneys gone now.

worst think what could happen: marry by mistake an intellectual Farang

But: That would be an exception here.

I'm not Thai bashing, it's a moan about women thing!

The bitc . . . :)