Cheap Calls To Cambodia

boarbaboon

Hi everybody, I want to call a Cambobian mobile from a Thai mobile. I have looked at AIS 005 system and they charge 30B/min which is'nt really that cheap. Does anybody know the cheapest way of calling? I also might be able to use a landline if its the cheapest option.

Thanks

Having made many phone calls to Cambodia from Thailand , I never found a cheap method , it was cheaper to phone Canada , I have a 3tel phone here in Cambodia and it has been , by far , the cheapest method for me . Cambodia can be expensive for phone use , they even take your money away if you do not use the phone often enough , they do , however , have the decency to text you the day you will lose your money if you do not use it or 'Top-up'. :o

Hi :o

Having a "Mobitel CellCard" myself i also found about that. However they are certainly not alone..... If you don't top up your True Move or Hutch prepaid you will lose your credits as well. Hutch in particular, they give you three days to refill or the number is deleted from the system.

Mobitel do take your money on the day it expires, however as mentioned you'll get a SMS each day for three days in advance and the number still stays "available" for a full three months after - a simple top-up and you are back on, and you can even top-up from Thailand if you got the scratch cards (available at the border).

By the way for me, calling a Cambodian number via Hutch (post-paid) using 009 prefix costs 9 Baht/minute.

Best regards.....

Thanh