Jump to content

Foreign man caught urinating on tuk tuk amid traffic jam in Phuket


webfact

Recommended Posts

Nobody ever asks why when I tell people I'm moving from Phuket this year. The quality of the visitors is in the toilet nowadays, quite literally it seems.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

That doesn't look like a "Tuk Tuk" it looks like a "songthaew".

It is, but for some strange reason they call them Tuk Tuks in Phuket!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, loong said:
28 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

That doesn't look like a "Tuk Tuk" it looks like a "songthaew".

It is, but for some strange reason they call them Tuk Tuks in Phuket!

 

A grey area, but its about the size more than anything I think.

Tuk-Tuks are not universally three wheels. 

 

The name 'tuk-tuk' comes from the sound of the 'put-put' engine used...  But I've also heard that the name 'tuk-tuk' comes from the sound of their horn when trying to attract passengers... 

 

The name Song-Thaew comes from 'two rows' (as in two rows of bench seats) - which many Tuk-Tuks also are.

 

As I've always understood it, or as I've always named them: 

 

Song-Thaew is a Pickup based vehicle with bench-seats (as they have in Pattaya)

Tuk-Tuk - Small 3 Wheeled vehicles (Bangkok - as they have in Bangkok).

Tuk-Tuk - Small 3 Wheeled vehicles (as they have in Phuket - rear or side entry).

 

So - the photo's below - all show tuk-tuks...   (not Song Thaews).

 

None usually have buckets... 

 

 

 

 

 

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 13.40.22.png

  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, cheerz said:

Why don't they show is picture Facebook would love to know him bloody animal 

Facebook link shows his face, and the video.

looks like a thai woman is sitting opposite him. 
I wonder what country he is from?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Facebook link shows his face, and the video.

looks like a thai woman is sitting opposite him. 
I wonder what country he is from?

Why didnt she help him? 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in a bar in Beach Road between sois 7 and 8 many years ago and a guy just dropped his slug out and let the packed bar watched him relieve himself. The mama san protested and he pissed on her too. The guy was jibbering on and it was obvious that English wasn't his language. By the way this was many years before the Russian invasion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, digger70 said:

So what ,we don't care.  


‘we’ ??  Who is ‘we’…. Evidently Lordgrinz cares otherwise he would not have highlighted where it was a Songthaew or a TukTuk….

& evidently you care enough to respond to that point as to whether it’s worth caring about… 

… Perhaps no one cares whether you care about the point or not…

 

That’s the thing with web forums - the most pointless & inane comments are made…  such as “who cares”…

 

If you didn’t care at all, you wouldn’t not have commented on any of the points in this thread, you’d be busy plebbing away on another topic… 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:


‘we’ ??  Who is ‘we’…. Evidently Lordgrinz cares otherwise he would not have highlighted where it was a Songthaew or a TukTuk….

& evidently you care enough to respond to that point as to whether it’s worth caring about… 

… Perhaps no one cares whether you care about the point or not…

 

That’s the thing with web forums - the most pointless & inane comments are made…  such as “who cares”…

 

If you didn’t care at all, you wouldn’t not have commented on any of the points in this thread, you’d be busy plebbing away on another topic… 

Who's we?    Us that agree that it doesn't matter what the vehicle is called or do you think that I am the only one thinking that.

Oh while we at it you don't have to talk people down you know  we are all the same you don't have to use the INANE comment just keep that for yourself thank you.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...