Ssr Warm Up Ride To Kanchanaburi And Sangkhla Buri This Weekend, February 28th-march 1st

BigBikeBKK

Do you want to stay in Kanchanaburi or Sangkhla Buri or someplace else?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tony, the hangover isnt my fault. I didnt pour those 6 litres down your throat did I ? I didnt manage to find my way home until 4.30am... too many bars in between where we left off and my home.

Anyway awesome to see so many riders on this trip, its going to be nice to ride with all the gang + new ones.

Nice to hear your joining us Kym and Travelmate.

Dont worry travelmate, ill do my best to keep up with you and im sure triangle will be close behind you also.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola!

Been thinking about doing the big SSR trip ever sens I was out on a date at Tawan Deang and happened to meet Trent.

Might be worth telling how I meet him.. I saw a fairly intoxicated farang running around in front of the stage and thought for myself what a hack is that for tourist <deleted>??

A minute later he comes and sits down at the table next to me and I realizes that I recognize this guy. Hmmm, who is he? Ahhhaa , that is the dude I just seen on Thaivisa with a big grin on his face surrounded by the hot Yammi haha Girls! Said hello to him and asked if he just bought a new bike? He looks strange at me and burst out YEEEESSS I'm FAMOUS!!!

After that intro I just forgot about my lady for a while and Trent seemed to totally forget his little UNI-girl and the bike talk was on!!

Anyways, I'm not really sure if it would be a good idea for me to run along on that big trip, as I just got the new bike, have no gear and aren't so experianced as the rest of the guys here.

So mabye I could tag along on this one, test it out and see how it goes?

If it is possiable to join, I can not go with you guys from the morning(have a presentation to do), but would run up to Kanchanaburi on my own in the afternoon and meet you up there instaed. Sounds ok?

Cheers

/12Gon

Ps: Does anyone know where to find a NON-synthetic 10w-40 oil I been checking in around 15 gasstations now.. Preffarably close to Rama 4 or the Kwaker garage?

hey dude, ya funny .... its a small world man and YES i am famous!

about the oil, actually Tony didnt buy it. I sent the Yammie guys out to get it, ill ring Yamaha and PM you the location to buy this oil. Its they only sell it in 4 litres containers and i think it was 480 for 4 ltrs

will be good to catch up with you in the evening of the 28th dude

Well, that's two votes for ACTION and none for Bush :D:D:o

Kanchanaburi it is!

Tons of places to stay.

Here's one that I'd like to try: http://www.jollyfrog.net/

Outstanding food and right on the river. They have a wide mix of rooms-

You can choose from:

Single Room with Fan and Shared Bathroom - 70 baht

Double Room with Fan and Shared Bathroom - 150 baht

Double Room with Fan and Bathroom - 200 baht

Double Room with Air Con and Bathroom - 290 baht

Family Room with 4 beds - 400 baht

I've stayed at the Bluestar Guesthouse which was pretty cool- http://www.bluestar-guesthouse.com/

Anyway- tons of options- we can book ahead or just find something when we roll into town.

Can't wait!

Happy Trails,

Tony

I prefer the sugarcane, 1 or 2 is equal. http://www.sugarcaneguesthouse.com

Several good and 100% clean standards, Lady Khun Oi worked over 10 years in Dallas and has a good feeling for farangs and their wishes and food. The houseboats are the best.

Edited by HangDongRider

I prefer the sugarcane, 1 or 2 is equal. http://www.sugarcaneguesthouse.com

Several good and 100% clean standards, Lady Khun Oi worked over 10 years in Dallas and has a good feeling for farangs and their wishes and food. The houseboats are the best.

Cheers HangDongRider,

Sugarcane looks nice too- I'm thinking we'll drop in to a few places when we get to Kanchanaburi and decide which one we like best. Like I said, I've only stayed at the Bluestar which was nice (but potentially dangerous when drunk), and I love the food at the Jolly Frog and looked at the rooms, which seemed clean and are certainly cheap. I think a lot of these places are basically SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT :D:D:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi All!

Ok, the ride list keeps growing- gonna be a blast!

Tony Kawasaki ER6-n

Trent Yamaha FZ6

Peter Yammie XJR1300

JohnnyF Ninja250R???

12Gon Kawasaki ER-6n

KT Yamaha SR400

Andrew Triumph Tiger

Gerhard Honda VFR

Here's a cleaned up route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....30899&z=12

Written directions: Driving directions to Mae Nam Khwae, Kanchanaburi

135 km – about 2 hours 15 mins

Via Thanon Rama III - remove

icon_greenA.png

Narathiwat Ratchanakharin

Head northwest on Narathiwat Ratchanakharin toward Narathiwat Ratchanakharin 26

0.2 km

Turn left at Ratchadaphisek

0.3 km

Slight right to stay on Ratchadaphisek

2.6 km

Turn right at Rama III

0.9 km

Slight right at Thanon Rama III

0.1 km

Continue on Rama III

1.4 km

Slight right at Thanon Rama III

2.4 km

Slight right at Ratchadaphisek

1.1 km

Slight left onto the ramp to Thanon Ratchapruk

43 m

Keep right at the fork to continue toward Thanon Ratchapruk and merge onto Thanon Ratchapruk

1.1 km

Continue on Ratchaphruek

0.5 km

Slight left to stay on Ratchaphruek

0.2 km

Take the ramp on the right to Ratchaphruek

0.6 km

Slight left at Ratchaphruek

0.3 km

Take the exit toward Route 4/Phet Kasem

0.4 km

Turn left at Route 4/Phet Kasem

Continue to follow Route 4

60.4 km

Take the ramp onto Route 323/National Hwy No. 323

3.4 km

Slight right to stay on Route 323/National Hwy No. 323

Continue to follow Route 323

58.5 km

Turn left at India

0.5 km

Turn right at Mae Nam Khwae

0.5 km

icon_greenB.png

Mae Nam Khwae

Piece of cake. If we ride directly to Kanchanaburi town we can unload the bikes, get checked in to our hotel/guesthouse, shower and do lunch in Kanchanaburi and then go for a nice afternoon ride up to the dam and reservoir. Beers on the lake- I'm buying the first round! :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Count me in too!!

Awesome Jim!!

Look forward to seeing you. I'll be riding to the rendezvous point with a friend via Onnut- wanna meet up with us around ~0615 or so near your place and ride there together? If I remember right you live near Sukhumvit Soi 50, is that right? Otherwise we'll just see you there.

Tony

Great! Rendezvous Point #2 - 0615. - Intersection of Sukhumvit Road and On-Nut (Suk 77).

As you proceed through the light to turn right from On-Nut onto Sukhumvit go straight directly into a little soi opposite On-Nut. I will meet you there.

Click this link for a map:

Rendezvous Point #2 - 0615

[edit to fix link]

Edited by Ithailian

Great! Rendezvous Point #2 - 0615. - Intersection of Sukhumvit Road and On-Nut (Suk 77).

As you proceed through the light to turn right from On-Nut onto Sukhumvit go straight directly into a little soi opposite On-Nut. I will meet you there.

[edit to fix link]

Hey Jim- nice new avatar there buddy :o

Ok- no problem- that's the same alley we took last time when we came back from Udon Thani, right? Piece of cake. See you there about ~0615

Happy Trails!

Tony

[edit to fix link]

Hey Jim- nice new avatar there buddy :o

Ok- no problem- that's the same alley we took last time when we came back from Udon Thani, right? Piece of cake. See you there about ~0615

Happy Trails!

Tony

That suits me better as well to be honest, I'm coming down Ekkamai (Suk 63) so I'll take a short detour up to the soi opposite 77 and meet you there.

I'm pretty much a dead cert now, see you in that soi about 0615.

Gotta bring you to the track Jim and sort it out there :o Hey TopGun isn't that just a Hollywood movie? Real life man is Valentino Rossi and he rides Yammie...

I liked the clip, cool with the little drifting at the end there, something I must do when I get my baby.

WOOT!

Ok- we're up to 9 now:

Tony Kawasaki ER6-n

Trent Yamaha FZ6

Peter Yammie XJR1300

JohnnyF Ninja250R???

12Gon Kawasaki ER-6n

KT Yamaha SR400

Andrew Triumph Tiger

Gerhard Honda VFR

Jim Two Bros Ninja 250R

AnthonyR1 can make us 10- c'mon dude, no pressure at all! :D:D:o:D

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony, the hangover isnt my fault. I didnt pour those 6 litres down your throat did I ? I didnt manage to find my way home until 4.30am... too many bars in between where we left off and my home.

Um, my recollection is a bit fuzzy, but I did find this pic on my phone the following day...

0225Trenty.jpg

BOOYAH! :o

Um, my recollection is a bit fuzzy, but I did find this pic on my phone the following day...

0225Trenty.jpg

It wasnt me

0225Trenty.jpg

It wasnt me

I dunno dude- that wanke_r in the pic looks oddly familiar and there's some sticky stuff on my helmet... maybe I need to get a DNA test to see who it belongs to :D:D:D:D

WOOT!

I'm off to Red Baron to get a Xena lock for 12Gon and some new gloves for yours truly.

Laters!

Tony

Alright ladies- get a good night's rest because tomorrow we're going to tear it up! :o

Enjoyed a nice TGIF happy hour at the Dubliner with Trenty and Johan and got a text from RusticCharm saying he might join us tomorrow as well- so going to be a big diverse group, old and young, 250cc-1300cc, modern and vintage etc.

See you at the Tesco Lotus Rama III at 0700! :D

here's some pics from the kanchanburi weekend......early departure time meant an early arrival and breakfast beers at 930 :o

lotus rama III meet up....big group!

med_gallery_72939_1041_120563.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_142429.jpg

priorities...beer

med_gallery_72939_1041_3865.jpg

...are we supposed to drink before the ride or after???

med_gallery_72939_1041_362720.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_187469.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_30750.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_243015.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_198295.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_234574.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_149118.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_31042.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_521303.jpg

better stop for more beer

med_gallery_72939_1041_139939.jpg

the dam

med_gallery_72939_1041_169721.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_284380.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_63627.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_349008.jpg

some lake somewhere

med_gallery_72939_1041_271727.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1041_251346.jpg

Edited by AnthonyR1

Heh, I had a vision of the Yammies tail section snapping under the weight!

You guys seem a bunch of crazy cats! :o:D

Beers at 0930 hrs! Heavy fuel man.

The megatron event is on Tuesday though! :D

Can't wait to roll out and blast up for that one!