Sms To Thailand Via Web

sanitwong

I have looked at Yahoo Messenger and cannot see how to use it with Thai phones. Is there any other site around which allows you to send SMS from your computer to any phone in Thailand?

If you're talking free I believe the answer is no, but for what seems a reasonable rate check out www.ipipi.com , half the price of my mobile provider in Britain and others say it works well, though I have yet to use it , I will be giving it a try when back in Britain.

I have looked at Yahoo Messenger and cannot see how to use it with Thai phones. Is there any other site around which allows you to send SMS from your computer to any phone in Thailand?

If you're talking free I believe the answer is no, but for what seems a reasonable rate check out www.ipipi.com , half the price of my mobile provider in Britain and others say it works well, though I have yet to use it , I will be giving it a try when back in Britain.

Free as in up to 5 texts daily 'included' (to almost any mobile worldwide, & from any Internet connection anywhere - and delivered instantly to Thai mobiles) in your monthly broadband subscription: Switch yr UK ISP ---> Europe's third largest ISP.

Maybe you are still using an old version?

On the top of YM I have four icons: Add - IM - Text - Chat. If I cliick "Text" a new window opens where I can add the phone number of any SMS phone in the world, and a text field for the message. Free.

On the top of YM I have four icons: Add - IM - Text - Chat. If I cliick "Text" a new window opens where I can add the phone number of any SMS phone in the world, and a text field for the message. Free.

Well maybe thats a clue clicking 'text' whilst in search of SMS sounds like a matter of luck to me that you found it, although SMS does send a 'text message', the link is not immeadiately obvious. to me.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by fisherd3

I have for the first time, after months of searching how, stimulated by this thread sent two free SMS messages to a Thai mobile phone, via Yahoo. ( I don't know as yet whether receiver has been charged anything.)

This was achieved via www.yahoo.com does not seem available via ww.yahoo.co.uk (lashed up witth B.T. U.K. consumer ripped off again!)

It states on the yahoo site that this only available to AIS and DTAC phones.

This is how you do it:

1) Go to www.yahoo.com sign up (if necessary).

2) Go to yahoo messenger and sign up.

3) Click on Text and follow instructions.

Simple!

I tried to sms out of thailand. But the msg always cannot be sent. Dont know why :o

Haven't tried out of Thailand, I haven't got any need for that.

Oh, just realized, you can SMS from ICQ as well. Same idea.

ICQ seems to provide SMS to very limited international networks including none in Thailand , I would happy to be corrected on this by those with superior knowledge.

• 4 months later...
Haven't tried out of Thailand, I haven't got any need for that.

Oh, just realized, you can SMS from ICQ as well. Same idea.

ICQ seems to provide SMS to very limited international networks including none in Thailand , I would happy to be corrected on this by those with superior knowledge.

I think i orefer Yahoo before ICQ, ICQ did work before but i do not know now.

I got a email from a friend last night and he rec me this website

free sms

they are setting up a free server later this month all countries

I have for the first time, after months of searching how,  stimulated by this thread sent two free SMS messages to a Thai mobile phone, via Yahoo. ( I don't know as yet whether receiver has been charged anything.)...

Last time I checked (almost a year ago) it was 40 satong to receive a yahoo sms. Another bugger about yahoo is you'll eventually get an sms that states "If you wish to receive any more messages, please respond to this message" or something to that effect. I accidently deleted the message and have been unable to receive anything since...