Nasty Riot In Nakhon Sri Thammarat

mommysboy

I searched the clipping and general board b4 posting but apologies if i missed an existing thread.

The Thai news was full of it- a nasty local riot. My Thai is so so but from what I can tell it's a form of industrial unrest. Pretty serious stuff. I think a market was closed down.

Just the right time to do it, don't you think?

I think there is going to be a lot more of this, anyone agree?

Do you mean people reporting things .. but that don't know what they are reporting?

Yes, there will be a lot more of this.

No, I think there will be a more riots caused by industrial unrest.

But for your sake jd- ok it's not happening, no credit crunch, no recession, no unemployment, the report didn't happen, the news lied, Thailand's a wonderful peaceful place, mai pen rai, it's not happening jd go back to sleep. :o

Yes, I'm sure on what I've seen. Channel 7 news. A demonstration about the government closure of a local market got out of hand, and some serious rioting took place, resulting in clashes between police and demonstrators.

Can a mod help, it made national news after all.

I don't doubt your word, MB, but we usually look for a newslink first- but should be merged with your thread whenever it comes up so you get credit for spotting it.

Thanks, funny that, maybe it got dropped quickly.

These things usually make the Thai language papers well before the English ones. Best check there first before expecting anything in the English language papers.

Do you mean people reporting things .. but that don't know what they are reporting?

No, I think there will be a more riots caused by industrial unrest.

But for your sake jd- ok it's not happening, no credit crunch, no recession, no unemployment, the report didn't happen, the news lied, Thailand's a wonderful peaceful place, mai pen rai, it's not happening jd go back to sleep. :o

IN ONE THING YOU ARE RIGHT,THAILAND IS A WONDERFULL PEACEFULL PLACE.

You are showing a preponderance for stupidity on this forum when responding to a clear post with your smart alec response , you know and are very capable of far better than that JD .

What happened jd,did you wake up on the wrong side of bed,this morning? :o

alright, lets just discuss the topic at hand shall we?

if anyone has news/opinions/ heard things - radio, local goss, read, watched on tv then please go ahead and share

:o

You are showing a preponderance for stupidity on this forum when responding to a clear post with your smart alec response , you know and are very capable of far better than that JD .

Dumball. I know there isn't much to do in Cambodia and that you are fascinated by things across the border. In this case though we have a report of ... nothing.

Dumball. I know there isn't much to do in Cambodia and that you are fascinated by things across the border. In this case though we have a report of ... nothing.

So little doth one become aware of until the excersise is complete , nothing was , in fact , the expectation of something newsworthy , quite a change on this forum of constant rehashing of ancient posts , patience is a virtue , possess it if ye may .

It was in the Thai Rath newspaper a few days ago, not about fishermen but about a local market being closed down and the demonstration ended up with fighting.

These kinds of stories are almost always reported in the Thai newspapers and rarely in the English newspapers for some reason. Perhaps the editors feel that foreigners would be uninterested?

Edited by LadyHeather

It was in the Thai Rath newspaper a few days ago, not about fishermen but about a local market being closed down and the demonstration ended up with fighting.

These kinds of stories are almost always reported in the Thai newspapers and rarely in the English newspapers for some reason. Perhaps the editors feel that foreigners would be uninterested?

Give me the facts , maám , just the facts , at least some-one is on the ball instead of what appears to have come the norm here on TV , if you have nothing to contribute or share FLAME .

puts us all in the picture .

Give me the facts , maám , just the facts , at least some-one is on the ball instead of what appears to have come the norm here on TV , if you have nothing to contribute or share FLAME .

puts us all in the picture .

We've given the facts as far as we are aware. Most certainly something was going on and as far as I'm concerned I placed a reasonable posting: yes I'm not a journalist and I think the post implied a need for clarity, it was a discussion point. That it was on Thai TV last night is definite, and it was for sure about a market closing, and it was quite violent. Ok I'm no expert in Thai, but still better than most.

I don't like Jd's postings he doesn't like mine- by and large I try to steer clear, but if someone just attacks mindlessly what can you do ?

Mind you I'm happy to see the post erased, seems a bit of a waste of space, which brings me back to.......! no I won't go on, God love him!!

http://www.thairath.co.th/online.php?secti...;content=125623

Between the Tessaban and the market sellers in the Koo Fang Market.

What I get out of that article is that market 1 was slated for closure and Market #2 a little ways away was open.

300 people arrived to do the demolition of the old market. There were a few people still selling at the old market. There was a 'fight' or discussion. not a violent thing overall.

PS Mommysboy .... what post was deleted?

not a violent thing overall.

......apart from the broken legs , broken arms , profusely bleeding head wounds and other injuries reported in the article.

One of us appears to be reading this wrong .... My "newspaper" Thai is not the best so I asked a Mod to take a look :o

http://www.thairath.co.th/online.php?secti...;content=125623

Between the Tessaban and the market sellers in the Koo Fang Market.

What I get out of that article is that market 1 was slated for closure and Market #2 a little ways away was open.

300 people arrived to do the demolition of the old market. There were a few people still selling at the old market. There was a 'fight' or discussion. not a violent thing overall.

PS Mommysboy .... what post was deleted?

What on earth is your angle Jd?

I saw what I saw it was quite violent.

jdinasia

not a violent thing overall.

..... it ( the article) also mentions stabbings , beatings with iron bars and lumps of wood , and the hospitalisation of some seriously injured people.

jdinasia

My "newspaper" Thai is not the best so I asked a Mod to take a look

........ and ?

I will just give a brief run down on the Thai Rath article.

The Tessabahn had told the people at the market that they have to move to a new location and they (marketers) disagreed. The government sent 300 people to demolish the area and were met with resistance by 100 market workers. The demonstrators began throwing rocks, wood, iron bars at the government workers and they backed off. Then a fight began and one person was stabbed and sent to a hospital, several other injuries. One person, an official from the Health Department (why he was there is not clear) and he had an arm and a leg broken. The courts had issued an order to delay the demolition but was ignored by the Tessabahn official.

So, guess you might say there was some violence taken place. :o

I was there at 7am yesterday morning and the main road to the train station was blocked off and covered in glass, bricks and other materials. I drove past again at 4pm and the road was open :o

Edited by callum06