American Consulate

riley76

:o Has any other American Run into this problem, M8 had a co-sponser for a Thai national

to come to America. But the application was refused :D Can any one tell me if there is a solution. to enable the application to go forward thanks riley76

:o Has any other American Run into this problem, M8 had a co-sponser for a Thai national

to come to America. But the application was refused :D Can any one tell me if there is a solution. to enable the application to go forward thanks riley76

Was the application "refused", or was it "denied"?

If it was refused, I would think it was incomplete. If it was denied, there must have been a reason given for the declination.

Looking on TV for a "secret bullet" to try and fool the staff at the consul is not the way to go. If it was denied with a reason, the person, not a proxy, should go and discuss it with the consul. I believe there is an "if you disagree with our decision....." area of the process.

I am not saying that the OP is looking for a "secret bullet", I am just saying that would not be the way to do it.

MSPain

Maybe the co-sponsor didn't qualify? Maybe the forms weren't completed properly? Maybe your M8 lied on the application? It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to help with a solution without knowing the reason for refusal. I'm sure there is a solution available if you can tell us the reason why your friend was refused in the first place.

Since when could you sponsor some for a visa to the US? Almost alll visa applications are denied. no reason is given as a rule and you are generally not allowed to ask why. Most likely to gain visa acceptance are the elderly with ties to Thailand and monied, propertied younger people who have children here and deep roots in the community.

The U.S. Consulate has a basic rule- Everyone is a liar, you must show 'proof', but they never tell you what the 'proof' is. Most visa applications are refused, but an inquiry to them will get you some answers, in my experience.

The US Consulate in Chiang Mai is way out of control. I have to prove that I lived in the USA for 5 years before I can get my baby a passport. I told them just look at my passport which expires in 3 months it is obvious when I was in and out of the country. In any event I am waiting for my high school and university transcripts which they insisted on as my employer here has misplaced the originals. Also they rejected the passport photos of my child saying "the background is not the correct shade of white, but it's a nice photo".

The US Consulate in Chiang Mai is way out of control. I have to prove that I lived in the USA for 5 years before I can get my baby a passport. I told them just look at my passport which expires in 3 months it is obvious when I was in and out of the country. In any event I am waiting for my high school and university transcripts which they insisted on as my employer here has misplaced the originals. Also they rejected the passport photos of my child saying "the background is not the correct shade of white, but it's a nice photo".

I don't know about this... Last month I completed my Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and passport for my now 2-1/2 month old son, and everything went very smoothly and had no problems. I had both in hand within 3 weeks of applying and also received a SSN application for which I filled out and sent off registered mail and now my son has a SSN as well. Anyway, on the application you list the dates you were in America, have all the accompanying paperwork (Thai Birth Certificate translated, etc), and swear that all the information you provided is true (in front of the Consular Officer). It's that simple!!! If you were born and raised in the US, a fairly simple task. Sure you have to go through your passport and figure out the dates you were in Thailand or another country (for me it was quite a lot of stamps), and write them down.

Basically your experience it pretty predictable if you take the attitude of "telling them to look at your passport" rather than documenting it on paper yourself. It seems those who have problems with the American Consulate or Embassy are those who don't fill out the forms and appropriately document everything that is asked for.

Once again, never had a problem with the American Consulate or Embassy.