Mice

pop3

Here's a problem that I know others of you will have had from time to time, possibly not knowing of it till something goes wrong.

A mouse, or mice in the engine compartment, they like to eat the small electric wires that are found on modern car's / pickup's

If left to their own it will only be a matter of time till they damage wires to the ABS, lights, fuse box ect, I have removed mice before with a baited trap but is there any thing you can put in the engine bay ( apart from a cat every night ) to stop them moving in in the first place. maybe something they dont like the smell of ? :o

I have seen this many times over the last 25 years. I worked for a German sports car company and even though they would bend over backwards to warranty a problem this is one where they drew the line. If the auto was still under factory warranty you were out of luck. Mostly saw what rats did to engine compartments, nasty...

I have seen this many times over the last 25 years. I worked for a German sports car company and even though they would bend over backwards to warranty a problem this is one where they drew the line. If the auto was still under factory warranty you were out of luck. Mostly saw what rats did to engine compartments, nasty...

Buy some cats.

One day when I got into the car and turned on the engine I heard this high pitched squeeling.

Thinking it was the fan belt slipping I popped the bonnet and when I opened it out flew this terrified cat.

Never had a problem with mice in there though.

One day when I got into the car and turned on the engine I heard this high pitched squeeling.

Thinking it was the fan belt slipping I popped the bonnet and when I opened it out flew this terrified cat.

Never had a problem with mice in there though.

freind's cat was skinned by the fanbelt, but still alive. not a sight i will ever forget.

have the problem with rats who have been nibbling the soft rubber around the petrol tubing near the petrol filter and the cable cover of the throttle wire - have installed an open packet of bayer rat killer with double sided tape on top of the engine cover and fill it up as they eat it, keep it there all the time - seems to be working, they go for the rat killer before the rubber

Can someone add a catalytic converter joke because I can't think of one.

Not something I'm aware that I've suffered from, I've had ants in a rental car that almost killed me - I sprayed some bug spray in the car then drove off - I had to stop because I was choking.

I would be wary of putting poison in the car, even the engine bay not knowing if the heat would release toxins into the cabin.

Having an oily engine might make the cables less tasty?

Can someone add a catalytic converter joke because I can't think of one.

Not something I'm aware that I've suffered from, I've had ants in a rental car that almost killed me - I sprayed some bug spray in the car then drove off - I had to stop because I was choking.

I would be wary of putting poison in the car, even the engine bay not knowing if the heat would release toxins into the cabin.

Having an oily engine might make the cables less tasty?

Some rat thai i know of are not very health concious. They actually like oily food.

I bought a Electrolux front loading washing machine in Thailand and it came with a sheat of mesh across the bottom to keep the mice out. Seems to have worked (recently replaced the large capacitor that starts the motor and its being going since 1996 or so). Once had the sound proofing on the bonnet eated by mice; easily fixed with a replacement.

Get a cat for the garage? Sure you can pick one up at your local WAT :o Don't feed it and it will surely kill all the mice :D

I think this is a good point to consider. :o

Here's a problem that I know others of you will have had from time to time, possibly not knowing of it till something goes wrong.

A mouse, or mice in the engine compartment, they like to eat the small electric wires that are found on modern car's / pickup's

If left to their own it will only be a matter of time till they damage wires to the ABS, lights, fuse box ect, I have removed mice before with a baited trap but is there any thing you can put in the engine bay ( apart from a cat every night ) to stop them moving in in the first place. maybe something they dont like the smell of ? :o

Ultrasonic rodent deterent?