Epsom Salt

SiamSuzi

Just curious if anyone knows where I can buy plain Epsom Salt. I haven't seen it anywhere so far, although I haven't actually looked for it in particular. But I thought I'd ask here before I spend potentially an entire day running around to different pharmacies, groceries, and department stores. The closer to Soi 1 Sukhumvit the better.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to all those Pharmacies on the Left and Right between Sukhumvit 7 and 1, but nothing. It doesn't mean there was nothing, just that I was told there was nothing. I've been in pharmacies before and asked for something, been told they didn't have it, only to see it sitting on a shelf as I was walking out the door.

Sigh.... Epsom Salt.....

• 1 year later...

Hi ! Good day!B) I'm also looking for EPSOM SALT here in phuket. I’ve been to villa market and other department stores. I also asked some pharmacies but they don’t know what it is. hayyy. I haven't seen it anywhere so far…

Can anyone recommend or suggest where I can buy EPSOM SALT? I badly need it…

• 3 months later...

After spending almost half a day finding Epsom Salt in Chemical, Pharmacy and Herbal shops in China town, I finally got it for 40Bht per Kg.

The name and address of the shop is Vejpong Pharmacy (Hock Ann Tung) Co., Ltd. 145-149 Jakrawat Road, Sampanthawong Destrict Bangkok, Thailand 10110. The Telephone numbers are 02-222-2223, 02-221-1663. The shop is located at the junction between Jakrawat Road and Yaworaj Road. (Wat Tuk Junction or Si-Yek Watuk). (This shop is a mixed of Chinese Herbal Medicine shop and Western Style Pharmacy.)

If you say Epsom Salt, or bitter salt, no body knows it at all. All the Thais I met just shake their head. You have to mention it in Thai as "Dee – Klua- Farang"

After a talk with my Thai Friends, they mentioned that Dee-Klua-Farang can be bought in Chinese or Thai Herbal Medicine Shops but not in Western Style Pharmacy Shops.

I hope this help you all.

Edited by SujiraTh

Hi ! Good day!B) I'm also looking for EPSOM SALT here in phuket. I've been to villa market and other department stores. I also asked some pharmacies but they don't know what it is. hayyy. I haven't seen it anywhere so far…

Can anyone recommend or suggest where I can buy EPSOM SALT? I badly need it…

Find a Chinese or Thai Herbal Medicine shop in your area and ask for "Dee-Klua-Farang". I got it for 40Bht per Kg here in Bangkok China Town Chinese Herbal Medicine Shop. I hope you might find one in Phuket.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have also been looking for epsom salt in Thailand and just wanted to say I noticed in another thread that online health food shop in Thailand is now selling epsom salt.

Here is the thread and I have used this shop before with no problems, good communication, quick shipping. They speak fluent English but no need to email them you can just order online .. shipping is calculated.. payment by bank transfer.. I do hope they get paypal soon and would have been nice to get an updated list of their products without asking.. they also mentioned they will soon list food grade hydrogen peroxide 35% ..

• 10 months later...

I have also been looking for epsom salt in Thailand and just wanted to say I noticed in another thread that online health food shop in Thailand is now selling epsom salt.

Here is the thread and I have used this shop before with no problems, good communication, quick shipping. They speak fluent English but no need to email them you can just order online .. shipping is calculated.. payment by bank transfer.. I do hope they get paypal soon and would have been nice to get an updated list of their products without asking.. they also mentioned they will soon list food grade hydrogen peroxide 35% ..

http://www.thaivisa....#entry4961223

Epsom Salts = Magnesium sulphate. It's also good in the garden for plants which like a higher magnesium level. Palms like a bit of magnesium.

Note that high concentrate hydrogen peroxide has a limited shelf life, especially in the tropics.

Depending on what you plan to use it for, I find oxygen bleach excellent.(Nappy San etc) It sterilises bottles nicely if you're into home brews, and is safe.

" ...

Why This Works:

Epsom salt is made up of magnesium and sulfate – both vital plant nutrients. Some magnesium-loving plants to try it on: houseplants, roses, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes."

• 3 months later...

BU DRUG on Silom Road, between Central dept. store and the underground system sell Epsom salts.
1kg for 100 baht.

Also Good Karma health food online store will send it to you from Phuket. Strangely
enough they say it’s not for ingestion, as it’s ‘commercial’ grade, not ‘food’
grade. But, from my research, I can't there is a difference.

• 9 months later...

Update: the one on Silom doesn't exist anymore nor the one on ekamai 26

I have found some ( 60 baht for a pound) at the pharmacy cited above on Sukhumvit betwween soi 4 and soi 2 , right after the petrol station

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have looked high and low everywhere in Chiang Mai, and then I went into a Chinese pharmacy and purchased a kilo for 20 baht. It seems many of the Chinese Pharmacies here have the product. Tell them you have sore muscles and want to put the salt in water--they will understand this.