Work Permit Without Tefl?

Paraglider

Hi friends,

i got asked today,if i would be interested in teaching english in a secondary school.

The only reason for me to hesitate is that i aren't in possesion of a TEFL certificate.

Can i get a work permit without the certificate?

Are there any other problems in this context?

The school is urgently seeking for a teacher,but it would take at least 4-6 weeks to graduate the course.My intention is to teach at first without the certificate and complete the course during the summer holidays.

Thanks in advance for every advice

Paraglider

Alright mate!

Maybe, but then again, maybe not. It depends on if the school is willing to go to bat for you, and what your other qualifications are!

Also bear in mind that even if you have paperwork flowing out of ever orifice in your body (and IJWT should hopefully back me up on this) if they can't be bothered, don't know, or don't want to give you a WP.....you ain't going to get one. We can answer and guess away until the cows (or should it be water buffalo here?) come home, but it's down to the school....so ask them and then get back to us!

Is it a government school? Where? Your other quals? Experience?

Edited by kenkannif

@mbkudu

Hey mate,

oviously your mama  never told you how to be polite! :o

sick my duck! :D

Knowing 'how' to be polite is inborn. She did teach me 'when' to be polite though :D . Good luck to you mate; I'm only jerkin' ya chain.

Edited by mbkudu