Sending Your Motorbike Anywhere In Thailand

rickthailand

hi, I just wanted to share my experience so it might be helpfull to someone. i recently moved from Nong Khai to Chiang mai. I was gonna sell my motorbike and buy a new one in chiang mai as i was driving down and there was no room for the motorbike. Than a friend gave a great suggestion. nYou can have your motorbike posted to anywhere in thailand by thailand post. just bring it to the post office without petrol and they will deliver it to the address you want. for this trip it would take 1 week and cost 2.000 bath.

Now there is another option which is what i did. you can go to the bus station and look for the bus that goes to wherever you want the motorbike to be delivered. In my case the bus to chiang mai. I paid 1.500 bath filled out a form and had to buy a bus ticket even though i did notn have to be on the bus. They also wanted a copy of my motorbike book incase they got stopped by police to show it was not stolen. You have to tell them who is picking the motorbike up and there id number. The motor bike went on the bus at 3pm anbd arrived in chiang mai at 8am. showed the id and took the motorbike.

i think this is a great service.

hi, I just wanted to share my experience so it might be helpfull to someone. i recently moved from Nong Khai to Chiang mai. I was gonna sell my motorbike and buy a new one in chiang mai as i was driving down and there was no room for the motorbike. Than a friend gave a great suggestion. nYou can have your motorbike posted to anywhere in thailand by thailand post. just bring it to the post office without petrol and they will deliver it to the address you want. for this trip it would take 1 week and cost 2.000 bath.

Now there is another option which is what i did. you can go to the bus station and look for the bus that goes to wherever you want the motorbike to be delivered. In my case the bus to chiang mai. I paid 1.500 bath filled out a form and had to buy a bus ticket even though i did notn have to be on the bus. They also wanted a copy of my motorbike book incase they got stopped by police to show it was not stolen. You have to tell them who is picking the motorbike up and there id number. The motor bike went on the bus at 3pm anbd arrived in chiang mai at 8am. showed the id and took the motorbike.

i think this is a great service.

Indeed. Not sure I'd be pleased as a passenger on said bus sat next to your Motorbike though :o

for me paying 1500 was great!! no worries about feeling ripped off!!

What kind of bike was it? how many cc's? or are you talking about a push bike?

Edit: sorry, just read that you said "motorbike", ok...how many cc's?

Edited by NewLifeNY