Mahasaharkam / Roi Et Golf Locations & Shops?

pianoman

Living in Kalasin have found that we do have a 9 hole Par 3 course outside of town a bit, but I would like to find a shop that sells clubs, bags, ect. in either Mahasarakham or Roi Et... Also if anyone knows of an English speaking Instructor either at a Driving Range or Course in those areas to get me started in the right directions with the basics...

Pianoman

Living in Kalasin have found that we do have a 9 hole Par 3 course outside of town a bit, but I would like to find a shop that sells clubs, bags, ect. in either Mahasarakham or Roi Et... Also if anyone knows of an English speaking Instructor either at a Driving Range or Course in those areas to get me started in the right directions with the basics...

Pianoman

Not really want you want to hear but if you take a trip to Udon Thani the big shopping complex there has a sports world(4th floor) and a super sports(1st floor) both have large selections of golf clubs , you can get a full set including bag for 8,000 to 10,000baht , for a beginner they are perfectly good enough .

Pianoman at the fall fair in Kalasin, if it's still on, there was a both selling golf clubs. To get started for a par 3 course all you really need is a putter, a 3,5 and 7 iron and a pitching wedge. I would buy as cheap as possible and see how you like the game. As you progress in the game you will learn more about what you need and what quality you want and then if you decide you want to continue playing it would probably be worth a trip to Bangkok to get a good set of clubs. By the way where is the course outside of Kalasin, I know Roi-et and KK have courses, but I didn't know Kalasin had one. Issangeorge

Pianoman at the fall fair in Kalasin, if it's still on, there was a both selling golf clubs. To get started for a par 3 course all you really need is a putter, a 3,5 and 7 iron and a pitching wedge. I would buy as cheap as possible and see how you like the game. As you progress in the game you will learn more about what you need and what quality you want and then if you decide you want to continue playing it would probably be worth a trip to Bangkok to get a good set of clubs. By the way where is the course outside of Kalasin, I know Roi-et and KK have courses, but I didn't know Kalasin had one. Issangeorge

George,

thank you, but I looked at both little stands selling used clubs at the Red Cross Fair and found their stuff to be Old Junk, even to my untrained eye... Having learned and played many different musical instruments over my life I quickly learned that using poor quality instruments / tools in the Learning stages makes it much harder to learn no matter what it is... The "Pro" can make up for the lack of quality and still play like a Pro, but the Beginner needs the best that they can comfortably afford to keep from getting discouraged or building Bad Habbits that take years to get rid of...

The village that has the 9 Hole course is on the road towards Som Det, and about 10 to 20 km outside of Kalasin... It is called Na Jan, and if you watch for on the left hand side there is a sign (about 2' wide by 3' high) that shows a lady doing a Golf Swing... Take the first left after that sign and just keep following that road as it weaves around maybe another 3 to 5 km, and you will see the Club House on the Right...

Pianoman

I agree with the previous poster, in the shopping mall (Robinson) in Udon Thani next door to the Royal Charoensri Hotel there is a sports shop with a very good selection of reasonably price golf equipment, not only clubs, but shoes, gloves, balls, bags etc. etc.

As for courses I've played many in Issan one of my favourites is Roi-et because it is very, very tough! There are long carries over water and lightening fast greens, make it a real test for even the most accomplished golfer, if you're a beginner take plenty of balls!

In my opinion the best quality is at Nong Khai the Victory course which hosts professional tournaments with the course at Ubonrat Dam which is more mature and has some interesting holes.

Cheers & happy golfing