Keeping You Informed.

G54

Keeping you informed  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am curious as to how your 'other half' treats you in respect of information. I find it annoying if a g/f tells me an hour before hand that she is going somewhere she knew about a lot earlier. Especially if we have arranged to go somewhere together on that day and time.

The question then, relates to :-

Your wife / g/f / other, knows she has a prior engagement. This could be a party, dinner, going to mothers, whatever. How much notice does she give you?

I find this to actually be a great question.

My ex-wife never gave me notice of forthcoming events.

I decided it was due to the difficulty she had with speaking English. She has a speech impediment which causes/caused her to have trouble speaking Thai, never mind English.

However, even if hounded for an answer regarding today's activities in Thai, I still never received an acceptable answer even when I was one of the main participants.

I have often wondered if others experienced the same, or if it was just the ex' excuse for sheer laziness to let me know what her (read 'our') plans are.

Spot on observation..

While I'm driving not having a clue how to get to the destination, she (wife) is supposed give me directions/information but always after the turning !

then when i complain she says =

" you drive like english man not taxi driver, too much story from your mouth! "

followed by some unintelligible Thai sentence i guess means "moron t0sser foreigner/farang" and the

obligatory thousand yard stare and the silent treatment

ahhh time for the radio

I always have to ask what her plans are for the day - she doesn't talk about them first, just in case I will object. That way she feels she is in controll, but it's impolite and happens I just choose not to go together with her.

I didn't know until 2 hours before, that I was getting married. :D

9 years latter things are no different but I like it that way, it keeps me on the hop and makes life interesting.

I never know, in which country, I am likely to sleep in that night.

Exciting or what. !! :o

Spot on observation..

While I'm driving not having a clue how to get to the destination, she (wife) is supposed give me directions/information but always after the turning !

followed by some unintelligible Thai sentence i guess means "moron t0sser foreigner/farang" and the

ahhh time for the radio

Very funny just like my wife 555555

I didn't know until 2 hours before, that I was getting married. :D

9 years latter things are no different but I like it that way, it keeps me on the hop and makes life interesting.

I never know, in which country, I am likely to sleep in that night.

Exciting or what. !! :o

I had a similar experience. We went to the Aussie embassy to find information regarding the citizenship of our then unborn child.

2 hours later I was married, blew right past me. However, it turns out it suited me just fine as I was never one for the big fancy do. Just two people, a JP and a witness will do me, then ending was much much harder :D.

Like you Khundon, Last night I slept in Palembang, tonight I am on a completely different Island (still in indo) but tomorrow could be at the four floors (hopefully not). A life like this does require a little bit of stability even if only from the wife.

Spot on observation..

ahhh time for the radio

My gf will not only give me the directions too late, but when driving it is usually in the form of a vague pointing motion with her finger/nose/eyes, often whilst she is sitting behind me, and usually whilst it is dark, I am on a busy road, driving a strange car with no mirrors somewhere I dont know probably near the Laos border. Silent treatment guaranteed.

My wife rarely gives me information when I need it - yesterday I had an hours notice that we were going to a local concert though she was adamant she had already told me about it but couldn't remember when. A couple of minutes later she told me we had a new house party to go to in May in Pattaya (10 hour drive away) - no doubt the next I will hear of it will be an hour before we are due to leave (or half the family will turn up with bags packed) and it will be my fault that I forgot about it.