Were To Start, To Find A Work In Phuket?

Hey,

I am 19 years of age and Australian, I am currently living in Phuket and i don't know were to start on finding a job, people told the the local papers etc?

But is it easy on finding a job in Phuket for a foreigner ?

Wanted to find work about 4 days a week or something but not sure were to go etc?

any help would be great!

Thanks everyone! :o

As a foreigner, it will be very difficult for you to find a legal job in Phuket (or in Thailand in general). Basically, if a Thai can do the job then it's forbidden for a non-Thai to do it, (that's a generalisation of course). At your age, what skills and qualifications do you have?

Simon

Since you are a native speaker, you might be able to work as an English teacher. In Phuket it would be more difficult to find an opening than in Bangkok though. Go to the teachers forum for loads of information.

Good luck.

Since you are a native speaker, you might be able to work as an English teacher. In Phuket it would be more difficult to find an opening than in Bangkok though. Go to the teachers forum for loads of information.

Good luck.

Yeah, iv done some research into that every add iv seen looking for people to teach English needs to have a degree + TEFL (Teaching English as foreign language) Course Cert.

I was going to do the TEFL Course but... everyone wants people with degree's of some sort.

Thanks But :o

R u cute? Have any pics of yourself posted anywhere? Modeling agencies and Thai magazines often in need of a young foreigner...u could put an add in a local paper too...

Some bars down there may also need a foreigner. I used to know a girl who went down to work at a foreign run Irish bar in Samui...they won't pay you too much but a foreigner there can help bring in the tourists worried that the bar might not really be serving good foreign food.

R u cute? Have any pics of yourself posted anywhere? Modeling agencies and Thai magazines often in need of a young foreigner...u could put an add in a local paper too...

Some bars down there may also need a foreigner. I used to know a girl who went down to work at a foreign run Irish bar in Samui...they won't pay you too much but a foreigner there can help bring in the tourists worried that the bar might not really be serving good foreign food.

lol don't want anything like that, and I'm a male so yeah.

Thanks But :o