Chain Saws

sezzo

I have been thinking about buying a chainsaw to help out the family with cutting wood for making the charcoal and clearing some farm land.

I have been told by the gf that it is illegal to buy one without a permit.

Can anyone enlighten me.

Hello

Definitely need a permit.Your local builders yard or lumbar merchant should have one so you could go and ask to borrow theirs for a while if your on good relations.

Thanks mate. I thought it might be something like that. Seems like the thais are getting into conservation as well.

I live in the North of Thailand and when we built our house the guy who was cutting some of our own trees only had an electric chain saw. Mind you we did have a lot of extension cables to make it reach up the land.

These are allowed but the petrol ones are either banned or the permits are strictly controlled to prevent illegal logging.

I think that this is a ###### good idea as it takes years to grow a tree and minutes to cut it down. when the illegals cut the trees they don't replace them and that is when the problems with soil erosion start and in a couple of years the land becomes useless.

No I am not a tree hugger but where I live I am surrounded by hills and forests and there is enough problems with people burning the trees for land clearance without loggers.

Edited by billd766