Looking To Rent A Car

keff

I am planning to move to BKK in a month's time and my company has given me a 'not so encouraging' budget to rent a car.

Can anyone help to recommend a 'value for money' car rental company in Bangkok?

Thanks

On arrival you might want to check with some of the local Rent a Car Agent, there are many so take your time shop around. In my area once in awhile I need to rent a car, going rate was about Bt900 per day for A Suzuki up to Bt3000 per day for a luxury class vehicle. I found a dealer Thur a teacher friend who was very reasonable and rented me a car, nice Toyota, AC/Auto, for Bt700 per day, you do the math on the monthly rate. There are some good deals on rent a car out there.Good Luck, Enjoy your stay in Thailand( the land of smiles) Drive Careful, be safe. :o:D

Try TVR, no website. Contact Khun Pat 0816297200. My employer rents for me there and pays 38500/month for a top of the range (2.4 with GPS navigator) new model early 2007 Toyota Camry.

A new Toyota Vios should not cost more than about 20k/month maybe even less. You may also consider buying one with the allowance they give you. Financially more efficient for you.

Try TVR, no website. Contact Khun Pat 0816297200. My employer rents for me there and pays 38500/month for a top of the range (2.4 with GPS navigator) new model early 2007 Toyota Camry.

A new Toyota Vios should not cost more than about 20k/month maybe even less. You may also consider buying one with the allowance they give you. Financially more efficient for you.

Make sure there is a correct "rental car insurance"(commercial type), otherwise you are not covered, in case of a accident, if the car is only covered with a private insurance.

If I'm new in town, would it be possible to purchase a car with the possibility of a bank offering a loan?

Keff if you have a work permit and can put about 30% down on a car you will get the rest financed by the dealer. A colleague of mine just bought a new Vios like this. He is on a "local" salary of about 120k/month nett. Some dealers may say no, just try the next one.