Cheapest And Fastest Medical Certificate

moo9

Hi Guys,

which clinic / hospital offers the cheapest and more important fastest solution to obtain the medical certificate for the work permit in Pattaya? Preferrably in North Pattaya, Naklua.

Any hints welcome!

Cheers

Hi Guys,

which clinic / hospital offers the cheapest and more important fastest solution to obtain the medical certificate for the work permit in Pattaya? Preferrably in North Pattaya, Naklua.

Any hints welcome!

Cheers

Pattaya Central Clinic.

Just down from Foodland on the opposite side!

I think any clinic. It's a routine thing, they hardly look at you, issue the certificate on the spot and you pay, I think, around 200 baht if I remember well.

Thanks, so it can be a clinic, no need to join the queue at a "real" hospital.

Last time I did it in Rayong Hospital.

Cheers

Since when did you need a medical certificate for a work permit ??, been here nearly 8 years on a WP and never done a medical, or does this come into force after a certain age ?

Mai roo, but when I got my first WP about 3 yrs ago I needed one as well, no dependant on your age.

For the renewal you probably do not need it.

I'd suggest going to any local medical clinic, but not a ho$pital.

Usually quick and cheap for a med certificate...80-100-Bt...and the doctor might

wave his stethescope somewhere near your shirt. You pay and get the certificate.

Don't expect a thorough exam...you just need the certificate!

That's what I need....At BPH it would probably cost 1000 baht...for nothing

The clinic near my office usually charges 80 Baht, and my staff just go and pick it up. Last time, the Dr actually didn't even charge anything. In Jomtien, near the Hanuman statue. From memory, you need one when you first get your WP. However, you need one every time you renew your driver's licence.

Hi Guys,

Any hints welcome!

Cheers

There is a doctor clinic next to the naklua markets just take your passport and 50 baht paperwork done in 2 minutes and he doesn't even see u..

• 4 months later...

in bangkok can anyone recommend me a good clinic where i can get a medical certificate for applying work permit? a place where they give a acceptable certificate without going in to a blood check and all those time wasting things... any ideas?

in bangkok can anyone recommend me a good clinic where i can get a medical certificate for applying work permit? a place where they give a acceptable certificate without going in to a blood check and all those time wasting things... any ideas?

Just go to any clinic .All they do is take a blood pressure reading .

in Naklua next to market about two down there is a doctor clinic, i stop my bike

gave my girl my passport and 50 baht.

she was in and out with a certificate with 3 minute.

all done.

i never even went inside the clinic ,

i stayed awaiting on my bike outside.

in Naklua next to market about two down there is a doctor clinic, i stop my bike

gave my girl my passport and 50 baht.

she was in and out with a certificate with 3 minute.

all done.

i never even went inside the clinic ,

i stayed awaiting on my bike outside.

:D

That is the way to do it - besides it's required, the doc simply states that one is "fit" for work...that is all!

Nobody at LD is interested about blood sugar, pulse rate, or if the applicant has an exitus tomorrow! :)

• 1 year later...

The purpose of this post is to inform about what took place during a January 2011 Medical Certification exam (required for a foreigner - English teacher - to work in Thailand).

There are many clinics around BKK with the ubiquitous green signs out front: Chose a clinic based on convenience (i.e. I could walk there in less than five minutes):

Nurse directed me to the Dr.'s office.

Dr. required passport and handed over a blood work-up form; told to go the the blood lab on the second floor.

Blood lab: wrote name and particulars on the work-up form. Nurse used a pin (innocuous) at the end of a finger and a tiny glass tube that the blood flowed into. Ten minute wait and the form was handed back noting "Non-Reactive" on the paper.

Returned to the doctor: nice conversation and 2-3 minutes of blood pressure and listening to lungs/heart and the certifcation was signed (the doctor had even been so kind as to fill out the certification form while the blood test was being done).

Entire length of time in building was less than twenty minutes and almost a walk in the park (i.e. not a negative experience).

Cost:

Blood test - 150B

Doctor's signature: 400B!! (50B was paid five years ago; not sure if "white-boy" prices were being invoked here.)

A lot of money paid to a clinic that was meant for financially disadvantaged.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the details. Does anyone know if the 'non-reactive' test is referring to HIV or drugs or both ?

The purpose of this post is to inform about what took place during a January 2011 Medical Certification exam (required for a foreigner - English teacher - to work in Thailand).

There are many clinics around BKK with the ubiquitous green signs out front: Chose a clinic based on convenience (i.e. I could walk there in less than five minutes):

Nurse directed me to the Dr.'s office.

Dr. required passport and handed over a blood work-up form; told to go the the blood lab on the second floor.

Blood lab: wrote name and particulars on the work-up form. Nurse used a pin (innocuous) at the end of a finger and a tiny glass tube that the blood flowed into. Ten minute wait and the form was handed back noting "Non-Reactive" on the paper.

Returned to the doctor: nice conversation and 2-3 minutes of blood pressure and listening to lungs/heart and the certifcation was signed (the doctor had even been so kind as to fill out the certification form while the blood test was being done).

Entire length of time in building was less than twenty minutes and almost a walk in the park (i.e. not a negative experience).

Cost:

Blood test - 150B

Doctor's signature: 400B!! (50B was paid five years ago; not sure if "white-boy" prices were being invoked here.)

A lot of money paid to a clinic that was meant for financially disadvantaged.

now you need one for renewal as well - in Rayong labour department.

Since when did you need a medical certificate for a work permit ??, been here nearly 8 years on a WP and never done a medical, or does this come into force after a certain age ?

Mai roo, but when I got my first WP about 3 yrs ago I needed one as well, no dependant on your age.

For the renewal you probably do not need it.