Good Quality Bras...

Soulwy

Buying bras at markets is not for me, I need to try them on first.

There is only 1 store I could find (in C. Rai) with brands such as Triumph & Sloggi. I noticed that finding a C-cup is not that easy. The ones I liked only had cup a & b (and with filling)

Where do you buy bras?

C-cup here also - a bit big for my little body………god’s gift or a curse, not sure…hehe :o

I have the same problem finding the one without padding. But luckily I do travel back/to the US quite often, so always bought them there.

All mine are from Ralph Lauren

Don’t know where in CR tho, sorry

Try Tesco Lotus or a department store. I usually have to buy a C cup but was always a B in the Uk.

Again not sure what is in your area but maybe a shopping trip to BKK is in order! You'll be spoilt for choice.

Avoid markets too as they are all one cup size and really small. Have made that mistake many times. They also have a habit of falling apart.

Edited by julie_f

The big department stores in Bangkok carry high quality major brands, so it does sound as tho a shopping trip is in order for you if you can't find anything in Chiang Rai. Alternatively, Victorias secret does ship to Thailand now, about $30 US for shipping of orders under $75 US, so not cheap. But perhaps cheaper than a special trip to Bangkok just for bras. :o

Chiang Mai has C-cup at Central Shopping, Kad Suan Kaew and Airport Plaza. Sometimes the cut can be a bit small, but they usually have slip in padding that can easily be removed. They also have the occasional D-Cup (in pretty styles, not granny styles!), if you need to go up a size. C-cup selection I find is decent and usually they have a good sales sections going too. Nice colours, styles and patterns. Might be worth taking a short trip to CM. Nice place to visit anyway. :o

edit: Also Airport Plaza has a number of lingerie boutiques too. I havent gone into them though, as I just go to central, so cant comment. But from the outside the styles are very pretty.

Edited by eek

Best bras I've bought in Thailand of late were Guy Laroche at Robinson's in Jungceylon and also at Central Festival Phuket...but I'm a small size :o

(these were push-up and I'm very happy with them, I bought 3)

I think they make a C cup but it could be that they are Thai sizes so you would be a D...not sure if they had D in stock.

Good to know though is that if it's a Thai brand go up a size.

Cheers,

Ausladyinpatong

maybe i should have people send my bras from thailand. all bras in israel are huge so i end up buying girls/training bras for me...and abot 90% of the bras are with padding (no israeli woman will allow anyone to see a nipple god forbid, so even my 15! yr old wants padding in hers , not for the shape, but to hide the nipples......)

and i am a 'thank god it fits' size (a bra i once got in the states size a)... so i mostly go without....

but anon actually checks to see if i am wearing one!!!!!!!! facist thai husband.:o)

bina

israel

it would be good know where i can buy in bkk and good panties as well. I have only seen ones in shiney material and I dont want cute ones, just made from cotton. anyone know where and how much pls?

Me too Lala, natural fabrics...hard to find...

to Bina: Bad Anon, bad boy... :o

The future TheWalkingman will be TheBraman?!? :D

60 Pound in BKK and 20 Pound in England? Wow...

So BKK, Chiang Mai, Tesco... mmm...

60 Pound in BKK and 20 Pound in England? Wow...

To be fair, the bras from BKK fit better (I find myself choosing them over the other).

Btw - the £20 were from M&S, so not too shabby of a product...

There is a big sale for all the high quality underwear, and lingerie from different major high brands, going on right now in Bang Kapi Mall, big sizes,with A-F cups, w/o padding, all are available .

i (who am also a C cup) give up on trying to find decent bras in thailand so i order online from victoria's secret.

la senza in central world is a second runner up though in an emergency.

How does that work for you girlx? Do you get charged customs duty on your order from VS or anything? Do they take returns if the fit isn't right?

I usually wait for my annual trek back to the family to do my bra and underwear shopping but there are the occasional emergencies where it would be good to not have to wait.

I can't imagine ordering online unless I knew exactly which bras to purchase.

At Central I selected four bras to try on. The girl kept me in there for a half hour bringing more, more, more! I was SO glad to escape.

At Marks and Sparks in the UK I tried on even more. None fit in exactly the same way so I'm not sure how ordering online with each style change would work. Tips?

Edited by desi

Desi, I know what you mean, I have a hard time myself to find fitting bras, even it is the right size. Buying online will cost me even more headaches. The only time I order online is from a Dutch onlineshop with free return policy.

I think I tried every bra possible in Chiang Rai, so now I have to move to an other city ;-)

QUOTE (girlx @ 2009-03-13 19:30:00) *

i (who am also a C cup) give up on trying to find decent bras in thailand so i order online from victoria's secret.

la senza in central world is a second runner up though in an emergency.

How does that work for you girlx? Do you get charged customs duty on your order from VS or anything? Do they take returns if the fit isn't right?

i am occasionally charged customs fees, which makes me mad as it is often 50-70% of the purchase price, but only 1 in maybe 4 packages gets fined. they also do take returns. i know what to order from them, their sizes work well for me so i never have problems with fit.

For me, at least, it has always been worth it to purchase a higher quality product, not just to get a better fit but because the elastic lasts longer, and there ends up being less "give". The cheaper brands here never last very long for me.

A few tips that have always worked for me to keep bras in shape and lasting longer: always use a lingerie bag if putting bras through the washing machine, be sure to close them first. Store them stacked, so that the cup keeps its shape and don't put them through the dryer (if you have one).

Edited by LadyHeather

I thought I posted this once, but you can contact these two British Ladies who have been in Thailand for ages. They sell all kinds of bra styles and every size imaginable.

You can contact them through Schmoochie Schmoochie

They do home parties besides having a booth at the ladies clubs bazaars. Also, they did have a shop in Bangkok that is open certain days and hours, but lost my brochure

so not sure where & what time.

Beachbunny

There are some Quality BARS in Silom road

Oh Bras?

TRIUMPH manufacture larger bras for western women, you can find them in the Malls

Also VARGO or something spelt similar, they may not fit the voluptuous western figures though...

Failing that cocunuts and string are readily available here...

I'm not an expert in ladies underwear but...

a ) I did locate a surviving M&S branch hidden in the back of Central Bang Na the other day (thought they'd closed all their overseas branches?).

b ) I noted that they had boxer shorts identical to the ones I brought over for someone recently - about 25% more expensive than UK.

I didn't linger in the lingerie, but might be worth a look.

Edited by phaethon

I thought they'd been closed, didn't notice one at Chit Lom a while back. Anyway, the place to look for UK men's underwear, so maybe ladies' too.

Edit: Apparently not - franchise finder - http://www2.marksandspencer.com/thecompany....asp?country=32

I think it was my aunt bemoaning their withdrawal from Canada that made me think it was all overseas franchises (she can't get her kippers any more :o ).

Edited by phaethon

Hi, sorry if this is classed as threadjacking but I was going to start my own thread and then saw this one and thought I would tag along.

I am glad I am not the only person who has problems, in fact I am yet to find a bra in Thailand that fits properly, possibly because I don't understand the sizing. In the past I have relied on sales girls recommending sizes only to get home and find I can barely get the thing on and when I do it is not at all comfortable. I am a UK size 34c, does anyone know what size I should buy in Thailand?

Icequeen, you should go into a large department store and either get them to measure you ( They do it in robinsons ) or just try them on. I am usually a 32C here and a 32B in the UK. I can't buy bras without trying them, even the same size can be much different depending on the style and what you want.

most places seem to use the european/japanese one... so 34C from the US is equivalent to 75D here.... but i too have noticed that sizes are not consistent from bra to bra (except with victoria's secret), so i agree with julie f that you should try on first.