Good Quality Bras...

Soulwy

So, what sizing chart does thailand use then? I always buy my bras on my annual trips back to the US.

Couple of years ago I spotted larger size bras in the wacoal shop in big C Pattaya, not sure of my size I asked the assistant to measure me, spotted tapemeasure hanging on a rail so was totally unprepared for the girl measuring me with her hands, wasn't even a katoey!, I was so gobsmacked all I could do was take the bras she offered me to try, needless to say they did not fit, so hand measurement sizes over here! :o

Even when Tesco has stocks of F+F larger size bras, which I had bought before in the UK, the sizes here were no good for me.

Thanks also to whoever posted re Smoochie's, been racking my brains for ages trying to remember their name.

The Thai sizes do not equate to western sizes at all, especially not the cup sizes. Figure at least 1 cup size larger when buying Thai brands.

C and D cups are indeed hard to find, you cna get them at Lotus etc but in really ugly old lady styles.

personally I gave up utterly and now get all mine from the US. I stick to brands I already have so that I know the size for sure and can iorder online.

Do the same for panties, it is very hard to find good quality cotton ones that aren't' ugly, covered with silly cartoons etc. All the prettyy panties here seem to be nylon :o

Around Xmas time I ordered several years worth of bras and panties online & had them delivered to my family back home, then asked them to just repackage and mail them on to me in lieu of a Xmas gift. Considerably less in the way of customs charges and hassles if personally mailed parcel as opposed to a commercial package from a shop.

I think I tried every bra possible in Chiang Rai, so now I have to move to an other city ;-)

Hah! I so sympathise. Before I moved to Bangkok I found it a nightmare when trying to locate the bare necessities. Trips back home meant going with a mostly empty suitcase with an empty cloth piece of luggage tucked inside, praying that on my return they'd wave me through sans an overweight luggage charge. Over the years they took away the various luggage allowances, leaving pleb class with practically nothing.

So yeah, it's MUCH easier to just move to BKK ;-)

I can find bras here ok but pants are far too small. When I go back to the UK I buy loads of packs of cotton knickers as they are hard to find and very expensive over here.

I did think about ordering bras online but even when ordering your normal size they are always different and by the time they are sent here you can't send them back!

Shopping in Bangkok last time I was there I found a department store with a huge selection of bras. Many well known brands which also listed the size in US and UK sizes.

It was on Silom, between the BNH soi and they first skytrain stop. Central, perhaps? Wish I'd paid more attention now :o

I saw a La Senza in the mall near Siam Square while I was in BKK. Most of the little boutiquey type shops around there don't sell anything higher then a b cup so I was surprised to see a store that is litterally everywhere in Canada all the way over there.

• 2 weeks later...
So, what sizing chart does thailand use then? I always buy my bras on my annual trips back to the US.

Couple of years ago I spotted larger size bras in the wacoal shop in big C Pattaya, not sure of my size I asked the assistant to measure me, spotted tapemeasure hanging on a rail so was totally unprepared for the girl measuring me with her hands, wasn't even a katoey!, I was so gobsmacked all I could do was take the bras she offered me to try, needless to say they did not fit, so hand measurement sizes over here! :o

Even when Tesco has stocks of F+F larger size bras, which I had bought before in the UK, the sizes here were no good for me.

Thanks also to whoever posted re Smoochie's, been racking my brains for ages trying to remember their name.

:D Haha...you are kidding! She must have been fascinated by yours! As your size is very unusual over here...haha..unbelievable. Nice anecdote though.

I found one at Lotus, not perfect but will do the trick until I found a better one in BKK in April/May. I can't imagine it is this hard to find good ones of international brands in BKK. Will find it out soon...

Measure with hands! Hahaha! Unbelievable!

I did once have an over zealous helper who (after unsuccessfully trying to explain in Thai what the problem was with a bra, just opened the changing room door to show her) kept making "oooh" sounds and wouldnt stop looking at my chest (im not even particularly huge or anything). She got some other ones and was quite insistent on wanting to assist me with putting them on. I told her it was ok and i can do it myself.

Nothing like hands though..that one really is something! :o

That was me. They will also be at the Rayong Ladies Circle Bazaar in May. I think they probably do the other ladies circle clubs bazaars too. I know there is one in Pattaya

around Christmas time and BKK probably has one too...maybe others that they attend.

Beachbunny

P.S. Ladies your aren't alone. There are Thai women that have the same problems. I have a friend that is 32 humongous, and buys her bras in the states when she has the chance.

Edited by Beachbunny

• 2 weeks later...

It is my experience that most women, be they Thai, Asian or western do not know how to measure themselves for the correct bra fitting. I always go with the missus when purchasing, not because I pay (though invariably I do) but because she will listen to the sales assistant who knows less than her.

Why is it that a woman can be so many different sizes between makes ?

Good question torrenova and one I find extremely annoying. It doesn't just apply to bras but to all clothes. I would personally never buy clothing online because, regardless of what the size is, I can never be sure if it will fit correctly.

Shopping in Bangkok last time I was there I found a department store with a huge selection of bras. Many well known brands which also listed the size in US and UK sizes.

It was on Silom, between the BNH soi and they first skytrain stop. Central, perhaps? Wish I'd paid more attention now :o

Hi SBK

Yes that's Central Silom, they have a huge underwear section but not so many big sizes. The Marks and Spencer section is pretty good. The M&S at Central Chidlom is better though. They have racks of bras (including sports bras) and some large sizes. They also have a proper fitting service.

GHS

Question. Why is there a Central at Chidlom and a Central at Zen? Are they the same? Is one better than the other? I've never been to the Central Chidlom, just the one in Zen Central world trade center or whatever its called now.