Missed Visa Run Whilst On Travel In Nakhon Phanom...

I am currently in Nakhon Phanom and just noticed that I am on over stay on my visa (non-imm O). Thought it was the 18th March, but actually it was earlier in March.

I know nothing of the visa run over to Laos and don't want more hassle, already having to pay 500 baht for each day over.

So, can someone advise on going over to Laos, as it's the closest to my current location, or would I be better going back to Pattaya and doing a Cambodia run that I am familiar with?

I don't believe you can cross over there in Nakhon Phanom, but just one province south is Mukdahan and you can cross over there to Savannakhet, Laos. It's a lot closer than the Pattaya --> Cambodia route.

YES, you can cross at NKP over to Thakek, chop in there, spend the night if you want to, travel around a bit, or just return to NKP. Up to you, NOT a problem.

Crossing at MUK is OK, too, but need to wait for the bus.

Mac

I don't believe you can cross over there in Nakhon Phanom, but just one province south is Mukdahan and you can cross over there to Savannakhet, Laos. It's a lot closer than the Pattaya --> Cambodia route.

YES, you can cross at NKP over to Thakek, chop in there, spend the night if you want to, travel around a bit, or just return to NKP. Up to you, NOT a problem.

Crossing at MUK is OK, too, but need to wait for the bus.

Mac

So I can cross the river, immigration office just at the other side, pay the visa-on-arrival cost + over stay fee, then come back again same day? Sounds too easy.

Anything else i should know, directions to immigration office if not at river side.

Edited by TomBrown