Honda Dream Or Honda Wave

Hobart

Time to trade up from my crappy ole scooter to something new with brakes that work and an exhaust the dogs dont bark at.

I'm a Honda guy so its down to the Honda wave or the Honda dream. Either way its the 125cc model I am getting.

People have told me to stay away from the wave and deffinately go for the more expensive dream. Thing is that the wave looks so much better and smarter and the dream looks like something my Grandmother would ride.

Basicially -- Advice and opinions being sought here.

I have a Wave 125i which I bought at an auction, 9 months old, for 18,000 baht.

I am very happy with it.

I have friends who feel the Dream is more of a low-end torque, family bike, while the Wave is a better bike for higher speeds. Also that the Dream has stiffer suspension.

I also have a 14 year old Dream which I have modified to 125cc and added a more benefical exhaust. I will keep it forever. I use it with the trailer I have.

They are both very well made machines.

Time to trade up from my crappy ole scooter to something new with brakes that work and an exhaust the dogs dont bark at.

I'm a Honda guy so its down to the Honda wave or the Honda dream. Either way its the 125cc model I am getting.

People have told me to stay away from the wave and deffinately go for the more expensive dream. Thing is that the wave looks so much better and smarter and the dream looks like something my Grandmother would ride.

Basicially -- Advice and opinions being sought here.

Dream!!! Look at your other topic post!

"I also have a 14 year old Dream which I have modified to 125cc and added a more benefical exhaust. I will keep it forever. "

We have the same vintage Dream, it runs so smooth and trouble free but it's gutless, How did you do this modification? Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? Details please. dc

The Dream, without question.

I've had both, including the Wave fuel injection. The Wave is more economical, but after a few years the Wave was feeling very flimsy. The Dream is still going strong, and is almost as economical.

The Dream is the workhorse, the Wave is the fashionista bike. The Dream will keep plodding away, the Wave may well be taken away by thieves. Nobody is going to steal a Dream.

I also think the fairing/rain guard on the Dream is bigger than the Wave's, which can also hlep in the event of a shunt with a car.

Ride safely, whatever you buy...

Nobody is going to steal a Dream.

I also think the fairing/rain guard on the Dream is bigger than the Wave's, which can also hlep in the event of a shunt with a car.

I think i will go for the dream after sitting on both bikes today. The suspension is deffinately harder on the dream and the bike feels alot stronger. Only negetive thing is there is no storage room on/in it for a raincoat.

Does anyone know if there is a new model coming out soon. It looks like it should be updated and i would hate to buy a new one and then have a new model come out in a month.

Hi :o

DEFINITELY the Dream. It seats three rather comfortably and four without problems - while on the Wave it's getting cramped with three :D

Only downside: Not available ex-factory with front disc brake, however Somchai can do it.

Best regards......

Thanh

Well Kwaker ZX130 (or KZ KX ?? the 130 cc one anyway) is solidly built too.
I love my Kawa ZX130. The frame is much better than that one of a dream or wave, and in curves I get a safe feeling on the Kawa, not this bumbedee-bumbedee-feeling of the Hondas. Their suspensions are just too soft. And going up a mountain makes a difference, too.

Dream is a better bike for chugging around, shopping and fetching the beer. Even if it hasn't got the fuel injection (yet, probably coming this year).

Solid and reliable workhorse, will run for years and well over 100,000 kms.

Only negative is the drum brake at the front. If Somchai can fix this (as above), then get a disk brake fitted.

I will buy another one if my current one 12 years and some 120,000 kms passes out. Amazing machine, two batteries, a bunch of tyres and inner tubes, three chains and still running reliably every day. Even most of the bulbs are original.