Thai Driver Licence

When i got my Thai drivers licences i just handed in my Eu licence and got a Thai one year licence on it. (Or actually 2, one for bike and one for car). After the year has past i got the 5 year red ones. My Thai wife have also got the red ones, and now i would like to know if it is just as smoth for her to convert them in to something valid in the Eu as it was for me over here? Can she for instans apply for a internatioal licence or something like that? Without tests? Were to go, and the costs? Any info around this is mostly appreciated. Thx.

When i got my Thai drivers licences i just handed in my Eu licence and got a Thai one year licence on it. (Or actually 2, one for bike and one for car). After the year has past i got the 5 year red ones. My Thai wife have also got the red ones, and now i would like to know if it is just as smoth for her to convert them in to something valid in the Eu as it was for me over here? Can she for instans apply for a internatioal licence or something like that? Without tests? Were to go, and the costs? Any info around this is mostly appreciated. Thx.

If she wants an international license to go on holiday and drive in the EU, then this would not be a problem on a Thai license as you can get an international license basedon a Thai DL at the traffic dept in Mo Chit, valid for a year...

If you are talking about moving to EU and living there she may or may not be able to convert her Thai DL to a EU one, it all depends which country you are going to. In most countries you can only drive on IDL and "other" countries license for a period of 6 months, after which you need the DL of the country you are in...

ps an International "License" is in fact only a legalised translation of a particular countries DL, its not really a license per se..

We are moving there, but if she can get the international she can use that for the first 6 months then, or whatever the rules are. Then we have time to set her up with a real Eu licence during that period. Thanks for the answers.