Thai Airways Losing Ground

This is a hair rising experience that I had personally during my recent visit to Thailand. I am a fellow traveler who frequents between S.E Asia Countries on meeting and frequent business trips. I have an open ticket status with Thai Airlines in order to assist my visa on entry requirements.

Most of my schedules don’t take me back to my home country but in fact to another country or destination of consultancy business, hence the open ticket is always kept by us to return back home.

This time when I landed in Bangkok airport from KL I rushed to the Thai Airways Reservation counter to prepond my home ticket which was in an open ticket status. The open ticket was dated until March 2010.

When I arrived the Reservation desk on greeting the lady sitting there ended in no response, so I went ahead with the request. Remember I just landed on a late night flight and had a really touch day in KL with meetings piled up on each other.

I provided her my name and full details, including my Star Alliance Membership number etc so that she can track my open ticket status. She tried once and then coldly turned around and said I didn’t have a ticket and the last time and the only ticket I had I used it 2 months back. I was shocked at her response and asked her to try again as I had bought this ticket from Thai Airways directly and I know for sure that I have a open ticket with them.

She then pulled names of all other passenger with either my first name or my last name and I was been asked if any of them were me, which was even more frustrating as I have provided her with my full name and membership number and she is pulling records from around the World which does not match the information I provided.

I was frustrated and irritated as a simple process as this is just been pulled to an extent of unbearable irritation. As all I need is a copy of my ticket which needs to be prepond, no transactions, no need to talk, no need to do any GOD dam_n thing!!1

But the lady seemed to be on a mission, when I asked her why she is not pulling up my record and if she did what is displayed on the screen, she turned and told me that I was wasting her time and I could leave.

I was shocked at her cold response, and as a customer I have bought the ticket and I think there is some kind of responsibility that the Airlines should maintain towards me. You can’t ask the customer to just go away, where was I supposed to go, where did she think she was asking me to go? I enquired about the Call Center number or any other number where in I can prove to her that my ticket exists. She refused to provide me with any details and said that she didn’t know who I should call.

Things didn’t stop there, I argued with her on the response she provided and stayed there and asked her to try various other options, she turned around and asked me to leave immediately or else she said she would call the security. When I refused to move as it was not my mistake, she picked the phone and called the security. She later tells me leave now or else you will be in jail and not to teach her how to do her Job.

I think being a customer when I ask for something that I have paid money for and when there is wrong information and disrespect shown towards me when I have politely requested for a service, then every one including me will get frustrated and irritated. I am sure everyone will agree with me on this part.

I walk away from the Reservation Desk and to the supervisor who was watching the whole scenario but never came forward to either ask or solve the issue. I walked towards her and stated my issue she tried searching for my records and came up with the same results. She gives me a blank look and tells me again that I don’t have a ticket. Later after repeated tries they located my ticket as it was an open ticket booked for the year 2010. Later I was told that since this is a ticket booked for 2010 on a open ticket basis it doesn’t show up on their IT Software systems. So Thai Airways staff put me through all this frustration and insults because I was not aware of their system capabilities.

Not a word of sorry came from any of the staff, but it was like they are doing me a favor. I picked my ticket and requested the supervisor to change it for me, and she asked me to go back to the same lady and to get it changed. I just had a bad experience with the Reservations Desk and now I was sent back to them to get things done, all the supervisor could have done was at least assist me till the desk and gets things done.

But I guess this was too much to ask, when I asked the supervisor where I could file a complaint she said she didn’t know, and when I asked her what the name of the lady was who was managing the Reservation desk she said she didn’t know the same. It is amazing that the supervisor was sitting 5 feet away from the Reservation desk table and she didn’t know what her name was. Does Thai Airways the country’s airline group think we as customers are their mercy or is it that the staff recruited by them have no prior training in customer service or on the systems that they use.

End of the day I word of Sorry would have done the trick, but no one had the presence of mind to even tell me one word of sorry. I ended up being frustrated at 30 minutes past midnight and felt the worst at that point of time. Why was I treated like a criminal or thief, why was I been shouted at and treated so badly, these are the questions that will be with me forever? Every time I hear and think about Thai Airways I will remember those faces who treated me like a dog.

But I have made a promise to myself, that I will never fly Thai Airways brand again and I am sure one customer like me will not make any difference. But I am sure there arte a lot of customers who have been treated similarly like me but never had an option to voice there opinions.

If you ever had a similar experience then please send me as many replies or send me a mail at //e-mail address deleted//.

I will be contacting the top management team from Thai Airways and definitely will be putting the names of all the employees who treated me badly.

I wonder why Thai Airways is going under a loss?????????????

This is a hair rising experience that I had personally during my recent visit to Thailand. I am a fellow traveler who frequents between S.E Asia Countries on meeting and frequent business trips. I have an open ticket status with Thai Airlines in order to assist my visa on entry requirements.

Most of my schedules don’t take me back to my home country but in fact to another country or destination of consultancy business, hence the open ticket is always kept by us to return back home.

This time when I landed in Bangkok airport from KL I rushed to the Thai Airways Reservation counter to prepond my home ticket which was in an open ticket status. The open ticket was dated until March 2010.

When I arrived the Reservation desk on greeting the lady sitting there ended in no response, so I went ahead with the request. Remember I just landed on a late night flight and had a really touch day in KL with meetings piled up on each other.

I provided her my name and full details, including my Star Alliance Membership number etc so that she can track my open ticket status. She tried once and then coldly turned around and said I didn’t have a ticket and the last time and the only ticket I had I used it 2 months back. I was shocked at her response and asked her to try again as I had bought this ticket from Thai Airways directly and I know for sure that I have a open ticket with them.

She then pulled names of all other passenger with either my first name or my last name and I was been asked if any of them were me, which was even more frustrating as I have provided her with my full name and membership number and she is pulling records from around the World which does not match the information I provided.

I was frustrated and irritated as a simple process as this is just been pulled to an extent of unbearable irritation. As all I need is a copy of my ticket which needs to be prepond, no transactions, no need to talk, no need to do any GOD dam_n thing!!1

But the lady seemed to be on a mission, when I asked her why she is not pulling up my record and if she did what is displayed on the screen, she turned and told me that I was wasting her time and I could leave.

I was shocked at her cold response, and as a customer I have bought the ticket and I think there is some kind of responsibility that the Airlines should maintain towards me. You can’t ask the customer to just go away, where was I supposed to go, where did she think she was asking me to go? I enquired about the Call Center number or any other number where in I can prove to her that my ticket exists. She refused to provide me with any details and said that she didn’t know who I should call.

Things didn’t stop there, I argued with her on the response she provided and stayed there and asked her to try various other options, she turned around and asked me to leave immediately or else she said she would call the security. When I refused to move as it was not my mistake, she picked the phone and called the security. She later tells me leave now or else you will be in jail and not to teach her how to do her Job.

I think being a customer when I ask for something that I have paid money for and when there is wrong information and disrespect shown towards me when I have politely requested for a service, then every one including me will get frustrated and irritated. I am sure everyone will agree with me on this part.

I walk away from the Reservation Desk and to the supervisor who was watching the whole scenario but never came forward to either ask or solve the issue. I walked towards her and stated my issue she tried searching for my records and came up with the same results. She gives me a blank look and tells me again that I don’t have a ticket. Later after repeated tries they located my ticket as it was an open ticket booked for the year 2010. Later I was told that since this is a ticket booked for 2010 on a open ticket basis it doesn’t show up on their IT Software systems. So Thai Airways staff put me through all this frustration and insults because I was not aware of their system capabilities.

Not a word of sorry came from any of the staff, but it was like they are doing me a favor. I picked my ticket and requested the supervisor to change it for me, and she asked me to go back to the same lady and to get it changed. I just had a bad experience with the Reservations Desk and now I was sent back to them to get things done, all the supervisor could have done was at least assist me till the desk and gets things done.

But I guess this was too much to ask, when I asked the supervisor where I could file a complaint she said she didn’t know, and when I asked her what the name of the lady was who was managing the Reservation desk she said she didn’t know the same. It is amazing that the supervisor was sitting 5 feet away from the Reservation desk table and she didn’t know what her name was. Does Thai Airways the country’s airline group think we as customers are their mercy or is it that the staff recruited by them have no prior training in customer service or on the systems that they use.

End of the day I word of Sorry would have done the trick, but no one had the presence of mind to even tell me one word of sorry. I ended up being frustrated at 30 minutes past midnight and felt the worst at that point of time. Why was I treated like a criminal or thief, why was I been shouted at and treated so badly, these are the questions that will be with me forever? Every time I hear and think about Thai Airways I will remember those faces who treated me like a dog.

But I have made a promise to myself, that I will never fly Thai Airways brand again and I am sure one customer like me will not make any difference. But I am sure there arte a lot of customers who have been treated similarly like me but never had an option to voice there opinions.

If you ever had a similar experience then please send me as many replies or send me a mail at [email protected].

I will be contacting the top management team from Thai Airways and definitely will be putting the names of all the employees who treated me badly.

It is hard to believe TG staff would call security to remove a customer for nothing. Your side of the story (with cocky approach) kind of hints how far you could go with poor girl. And manager watching and not apologizing.

Consider youself lucky you have not ended up in a no-fly list with TG, with possible entries into all other STAR alliance members.

That would be something to post about!

Edited by think_too_mut

Such a pathetic post....

r u for real or just trolling around?

In my experience Thai Airways provide very good service.

From your post, I can imagine that you must have shouted at her and therefore she refused to talk to u. Be polite, especially in Thailand and your work can be done.... :o

Most of my schedules don't take me back to my home country but in fact to another country or destination of consultancy business, hence the open ticket is always kept by us to return back home.

I provided her my name and full details, including my Star Alliance Membership number etc so that she can track my open ticket status. She tried once and then coldly turned around and said I didn't have a ticket and the last time and the only ticket I had I used it 2 months back. I was shocked at her response and asked her to try again as I had bought this ticket from Thai Airways directly and I know for sure that I have a open ticket with them.

I was shocked at her cold response, and as a customer I have bought the ticket and I think there is some kind of responsibility that the Airlines should maintain towards me. You can't ask the customer to just go away, where was I supposed to go, where did she think she was asking me to go? I enquired about the Call Center number or any other number where in I can prove to her that my ticket exists. She refused to provide me with any details and said that she didn't know who I should call.

Things didn't stop there, I argued with her on the response she provided and stayed there and asked her to try various other options, she turned around and asked me to leave immediately or else she said she would call the security. When I refused to move as it was not my mistake, she picked the phone and called the security. She later tells me leave now or else you will be in jail and not to teach her how to do her Job.

I walk away from the Reservation Desk and to the supervisor who was watching the whole scenario but never came forward to either ask or solve the issue. I walked towards her and stated my issue she tried searching for my records and came up with the same results. She gives me a blank look and tells me again that I don't have a ticket. Later after repeated tries they located my ticket as it was an open ticket booked for the year 2010. Later I was told that since this is a ticket booked for 2010 on a open ticket basis it doesn't show up on their IT Software systems. So Thai Airways staff put me through all this frustration and insults because I was not aware of their system capabilities.

But I guess this was too much to ask, when I asked the supervisor where I could file a complaint she said she didn't know, and when I asked her what the name of the lady was who was managing the Reservation desk she said she didn't know the same. It is amazing that the supervisor was sitting 5 feet away from the Reservation desk table and she didn't know what her name was. Does Thai Airways the country's airline group think we as customers are their mercy or is it that the staff recruited by them have no prior training in customer service or on the systems that they use.

If you ever had a similar experience then please send me as many replies or send me a mail at [email protected].

It is hard to believe TG staff would call security to remove a customer for nothing. Your side of the story (with cocky approach) kind of hints how far you could go with poor girl. And manager watching and not apologizing.

Consider youself lucky you have not ended up in a no-fly list with TG, with possible entries into all other STAR alliance members.

Mate I have had wonderful experience with Thai Airways on earlier flights and better relations in most cases. The funny part is they are the ones who bought my ticket, the same one I had issues with because of which I was sure I had the ticket. Even I was suprised at the negative response from the staff this time. And suprisingly enough I didnt shout at the lady, infact I got shouted at, she was just being rude for no reason. Regarding the part of getting into no fly list, I think I will never fly with them in my life, hows that for a customer who was treated badly.

When enquired about Star Alliance membership previliges, I really didnt see any benefits in them. I would rather be happy if my name was not in that list. But you seemed to have missed the point, all I needed was a change in the ticket dates, and if you are the customer and I turn around and tell you that you have no ticket and you are stupid I think then there is some problem in your customer training. Why would I be rude or act stupidly when I know she is the one to help me out. Moreover when the security asked her what her complaint was she didnt know what reason to say - what was she supposed to say anyways, that the customer is insisting that he has a ticket when I cant find it? From when did this become a crime? If she or her team which was around her really thought that I was rude or being unreasonable then my friend I would have definetly counted bars. But suprisingly the entire team disappeared when they found my ticket and not one of them accepted their fault, niether did they even look into my eyes. Because they knew whose mistake it was.

No one has given any one the rights to call any one stupid and to act stupidly especially when you are a National Carrier. So my friend it is not always the customers fault you see. You also have to be reasonable when you reply to posts and not make judgements about the people who are posting their concerns. Well if you work for Thai Airways or if the lady is your girl friend then you need to change fast. As the market is making a nose dive which means if your working for Airline or Hospitality industry then you might loose your job fast, because of their cost cutting patterns and if that was your girl friend who was rude then get a new GF and get a new life mate.

I hope I cleared your thoughts about your previous comments if you have doubts then go to the airport and see the security camera, you might then be in a better position to judge for yourself. Infact I told the lady the same thing, that I would make them pull the security tape and make her supervisors watch it and then she would really have to come up with a good reason for calling the security.

If people are right they will do the right things, so all I can say is if the Thai Airways staff was right there is no reason why they wouyld back off, dont you think o my friend. Especially when one of their collegues has taken the lead to bring justice, then why didnt they support her, they even said they didnt know her and had nothing to do with her when I asked her supervisor what the ladys name was.

Wondering if they were ashamed about the kind of employee they had recruited....go ahead and put down your thoughts lets see how smart you are and if you understood and if you can read between the lines...I hope you dont find my story cocky anymore.....cocky hahahaaa

Such a pathetic post....

r u for real or just trolling around?

In my experience Thai Airways provide very good service.

From your post, I can imagine that you must have shouted at her and therefore she refused to talk to u. Be polite, especially in Thailand and your work can be done.... :o

Mate I have had wonderful experience with Thai Airways on earlier flights and better relations in most cases. The funny part is they are the ones who bought my ticket, the same one I had issues with because of which I was sure I had the ticket. Even I was suprised at the negative response from the staff this time. And suprisingly enough I didnt shout at the lady, infact I got shouted at, she was just being rude for no reason. Regarding the part of getting into no fly list, I think I will never fly with them in my life, hows that for a customer who was treated badly.

When enquired about Star Alliance membership previliges, I really didnt see any benefits in them. I would rather be happy if my name was not in that list. But you seemed to have missed the point, all I needed was a change in the ticket dates, and if you are the customer and I turn around and tell you that you have no ticket and you are stupid I think then there is some problem in your customer training. Why would I be rude or act stupidly when I know she is the one to help me out. Moreover when the security asked her what her complaint was she didnt know what reason to say - what was she supposed to say anyways, that the customer is insisting that he has a ticket when I cant find it? From when did this become a crime? If she or her team which was around her really thought that I was rude or being unreasonable then my friend I would have definetly counted bars. But suprisingly the entire team disappeared when they found my ticket and not one of them accepted their fault, niether did they even look into my eyes. Because they knew whose mistake it was.

No one has given any one the rights to call any one stupid and to act stupidly especially when you are a National Carrier. So my friend it is not always the customers fault you see. You also have to be reasonable when you reply to posts and not make judgements about the people who are posting their concerns. Well if you work for Thai Airways or if the lady is your girl friend then you need to change fast. As the market is making a nose dive which means if your working for Airline or Hospitality industry then you might loose your job fast, because of their cost cutting patterns and if that was your girl friend who was rude then get a new GF and get a new life mate.

I hope I cleared your thoughts about your previous comments if you have doubts then go to the airport and see the security camera, you might then be in a better position to judge for yourself. Infact I told the lady the same thing, that I would make them pull the security tape and make her supervisors watch it and then she would really have to come up with a good reason for calling the security.

If people are right they will do the right things, so all I can say is if the Thai Airways staff was right there is no reason why they would back off, dont you think o my friend. Especially when one of their collegues has taken the lead to bring justice, then why didnt they support her, they even said they didnt know her and had nothing to do with her when I asked her supervisor what the ladys name was.

Wondering if they were ashamed about the kind of employee they had recruited....go ahead and put down your thoughts lets see how smart you are and if you understood and if you can read between the lines...

I'm with you sprinter you tell them, it can very frustrating reading negative posts seems you went to the point of spelling everything out in detail.

SOMETIMES the service you receive from certain Thai service providers is terrible and because they dont know the anser they think no one else does.

All about face

i once flew with thai from uk to bkk

it was aterrible old 747 with extremely bad service on board and rude staff

and at a cost far in excess of rival airlines

i said then i would never fly with them again and i have not

i now fly qatar airways--- nice planes pleasant staff--- and a lot cheaper cost

no wonder thai are almost insolvent

I'm with you sprinter you tell them, it can very frustrating reading negative posts seems you went to the point of spelling everything out in detail.

SOMETIMES the service you receive from certain Thai service providers is terrible and because they dont know the anser they think no one else does.

All about face

Mate it is not that I am racist, but what treatment I received was not necessary. This matter could have been solved by the lady in a more satisfactory manner as she is the one with the systems and the Airlines. I contacted her head of Customer service and sent him a mail too. Now I should be stupid or really job less to follow up something if it really was my fault. I can support my stand in this case with proof from security cameras and the conversation recording on my phone.

Through out the conversation she was rude and kept asking me to go away as I dont have a ticket, what do you think the earlier 2 fools who commented earlier would say about this. Maybe it is a situation of foot in your mouth syndrome fo rthem as one of them is a platinum member and the other is a advanced member or something like that.

Just because you are the National Carrier I think it is stupid to think that you are the only choice a customer has, as mate there are better service in most flights in todays time. No one is depended on Thai Airlines and the bullshit they dish out. The funny part is when there is a woman involved people jump to conclusions that you were rude to them. More importantly I think the staff should learn to speak proper ENGLISH which is an universal language, as we speak ENGLISH globally and not the other way around.

Thailand seems to be in a mode were the Customer is expected to understand Thai Language and very few speak understandable ENGLISH. I am reffering to the Reservations Desk Lady, I think she is stupid as she cant even speak proper English and the only word I think she knew was the word stupid. Which may have been told to her every time she went to learn ENGLISH, and I totally agree with her teachers she is stupid.

But I also respect her for being a powerful person, she has not only managed to get us all involved in this conversation but also managed to give her Country and her National Carrier a bad name.

Its people that make a place and not the place that makes the people. 1 experience is all that you need in a foreign country to put you off, no matter how beautiful the place is if the people are bad thats the last time you will step in there.

So, when you have people representing you in sectors like Airports and other places you should realise that people come from different sectors of the World and you cant expect them to bend over to you because you are sitting on your ass in your country. If we react to Thai Nationals in a similar way when they come abroad I am sure they would'nt like it nor respect it, then why dont they do the right thing for us expats. I also heard Thailands major revenue comes from the Airport, which is constituted by people like you and me and the millions of other passengers who fly into it. I have received mails from passengers who have had bad experiences earlier, maybe I am not alone and dont feel like a STUPID person any more. I think I will foward all the mails to the Customer Head at Thai Airways maybe he can get a new job or start doing his job efficently, which is to weed out the unfriendly employees. Either you train them or you fire them, no other way mate no other way!!!!!!!111

and at a cost far in excess of rival airlines

i said then i would never fly with them again and i have not

i now fly qatar airways--- nice planes pleasant staff--- and a lot cheaper cost

no wonder thai are almost insolvent

Mate I have nothing against Thai Airways or its employees but the experience I received from them just makes me sick in my stomach. I agree, we pay more price flying with Thai Airways than any other Airline Carrier. I have made a promise to myself just like you, I wont fly Thai Airlines anymore. The best part is I received a lot of mails from people who have had bad experiences with Thai Airways, like you and me. I realised that we are individual people with bad experiences but when I put all the dissatisfied customers together it can fill a plane. So, Thai Airways doesnt seem to realize that they are losing good number of customers because of their few incompetent staff members. I am sure they havent taken any measures nor do they care as the number of dissatisfied customers are growing, maybe they are sitting around and wondering why a lot of people are not flying with them........I wonder why?

So this open ticket.. Do you just walk up to the counter and expect to use it or do you turn it into a reservation at some point in advance of arriving at the airport?

Edited by tw25rw

So this open ticket.. Do you just walk up to the counter and expect to use it or do you turn it into a reservation at some point in advance of arriving at the airport?

Open ticket is a ticket which can be used any time within 1 year, but it has to be used within the year or it will expire. You can either keep it on a fixed future date or can just leave it open, your choice.

This is mostly done by business guys or travellers who are frequent travellers and have open tickets across regions in order to get themselves a quick flight as and when necessary aviods no delays no booking and reservation hassels. I hope I answered your question.

TTM,

Strange you react like this being a frequent traveller as you are.

Firstly there is no need to quote a long post, specially as the OP is just above your reply.

Secondly, it surprises me you did not understand the Thai agent's English will be most probably very poor add the fact she could not find the ticket in the computer system is enough to get both parties upset. Similar to the Brit who ran into problems with an immigration officer you can see to what it leads.

Yesterday I phoned a rental company here in Udon Thani to confirm a rental I booked by email, The English boss was still sleeping at his home from what I understood speaking Thai to the male Thai employee, his English was too bad to have a conversation with.

In no way was the man able to respond to my request. I left my phone number and was NOT called back, should that be a surprise?

It is my experience that dealing with Thais often leads to nothing unless your Thai language skills are very good, which can not be said from 99% of farangs, tourists or expats alike. Unfortunately both Thais English and customers skills are close to inexistance, they have a long way to go.

In this case the absence of reaction of the nearby supervisor only confirms the unability of many Thai companies to offer acceptable and decent customer service. Shame on them :o

You say you gave her your full details, name, membership number, etc., but I see no mention of a PNR which is the Passenger name record 6 letter/number confirmation code? If you had given this first off then she would have been able to pull it up right away.

It seems you sent her on a search and expected her to find the open ticket for you and when she could not you got frustrated and angry. I've seen this happen both on the aircraft and on the ground.

Working with Thai crew I see this happen when the passenger get's angry and starts shouting and treating them in a bad manner. The Thai generally shut down which is interpreted as being insensitive or in your case rude.

I'm just speculating but I find it hard to believe ground crew at Thai acted in that way.

You say you gave her your full details, name, membership number, etc., but I see no mention of a PNR which is the Passenger name record 6 letter/number confirmation code? If you had given this first off then she would have been able to pull it up right away.

It seems you sent her on a search and expected her to find the open ticket for you and when she could not you got frustrated and angry. I've seen this happen both on the aircraft and on the ground.

Working with Thai crew I see this happen when the passenger get's angry and starts shouting and treating them in a bad manner. The Thai generally shut down which is interpreted as being insensitive or in your case rude.

I'm just speculating but I find it hard to believe ground crew at Thai acted in that way.

You must be right, my wife has 1 year open ticket and wanted to use it earlier (expiry date September 27 this year) and she was told to convert it into a booking. She changed it for July 5th and for now bought a new one.

I did not read (except 1st post) the garbage that guy wrote, must be just confirming his attitude had caused the problem.

75+ trips to Thailand I still have to see any Thai official (airline, agent, rentacar, hotel, shop assistant...) raising their voice, let alone call security to put me in a straight jacket and drag me away while the onlookers are aplauding.

I also purchase open tickets like this and let me try to explain what I think happened in this case.

I often buy open tickets which I don't want to expire before a certain date. Christmas for instance when I don't know exactly the return date yet but know it will be before Christmas. So I tell the agent, "I want a ticket valid for 3 months but which doesn't expire before December 24th". So the ticket is issued as valid between Sept 24th and Dec 24th. And in this case I think it won't show up on their general system until 24th Sept.

However the simple solution is to provide the woman behind the counter with the passenger booking code, as a previous poster suggested. In my experience they won't issue a ticket without a date (which can be changed later) on the first sector. And this means there is always a passenger booking code with every ticket. With this code it's easy for them to find you on another database .... even if the ticket you are holding is not yet valid.

In my case, I always deal with TG bookings over the telephone and never had a problem. When I land at the airport, especially after a long day of traveling/work as the original poster explained, the last thing I want to do is stand behind a counter to reserve a seat. At midnight you your phone call to reservations (24 hour line) will probably go right thru.

Fisrtly thanking you for your reply and appreciate that your standing your ground for your fellow crew members. I landed at the Airport close to midnight dead after all the meetings and work I had, what makes you think that I was in a mood to play games or even be rude and waste my time with the Reservation lady. I strongly belive that if a customer doesnt know what to do guide him and get things sorted out, instead of having a competition of strong will power all the way, why didnt your crew member solve the issue. Basic things first you need to know your system and its capabilities before you are ent to face customers in real scenarios. No excuses for not knowing your job. No way will any one accept this stupid excuse of being rude just because you didnt know your job. SIMPLE UNDERSTAND.

Do you know what the best part with any problem is, well guess what - it can be solved if guided in a right manner. Dont they teach you that in your flight crew training, may be not! And please get a life just like you conuter parts you want me to what put my PNR number and what else, are you crazy. This is a forum I told all you guys what happened to me, which means that it happned and I felt terrible. TRUST ME GUYS THERE IS NOTHING ANY ONE OF YOU CAN DO IN THIS SCENARIO , NOTHINGS GOING TO CHANGE !!

Just because it is a lady we are talking about does it mean that at any point if there is a problem it is because the customer was rude, if this is the case then I think you guys have some serious issues to counter. You cant blame the customer for all the things they didnt teach you in your academy. TOUGH LIFE!

Hi Sprinter,

You have a audio recording? Post it on youtube or something and let us all hear it.

TheWalkingMan

Hi Walking Man, I would love to, but I need to get subtitles for the counter part of the conversation orelse you will understand only what I am saying....serious mate my local Thai friends heard the stuff and they were banging their heads on the table. Thats how funny the stuff is, it is something like a teacher and student conversation where the student asked the teacher something she didnt know and she turns violent. Can we blame the student in this case or do we blame the teacher??????????

I keep hearing it again and again and it is funny everytime I asked her something she just went beserk, and in teh end she was not the one who solved my problem, she just didnt know what to do.

You must be right, my wife has 1 year open ticket and wanted to use it earlier (expiry date September 27 this year) and she was told to convert it into a booking. She changed it for July 5th and for now bought a new one.

I did not read (except 1st post) the garbage that guy wrote, must be just confirming his attitude had caused the problem.

75+ trips to Thailand I still have to see any Thai official (airline, agent, rentacar, hotel, shop assistant...) raising their voice, let alone call security to put me in a straight jacket and drag me away while the onlookers are aplauding.

Mate it is called being reasonable, which means it is not a must that you should experience what I went through. Basic logic in life, this doesnt mean the Reservation lady is bad person there could be many reasons why she acted that day, I tell all the guys who aksed me about the situation, it could be a fight with her boss or with her Boy friend. We should'nt forget that we all are humans and all of us have our faults.

So Platinum member answer this - just because you have a bad day and I happen to meet you as a customer, and if you give me the shit load do you really think it was my mistake. So you see it is not attitude it is called understanding. When you try to put something across to someone including you you think it is attitude, my friend we are facing a big problem in todays World. Look at what you typed initially and what you are saying now, you get so offensive when some one puts there troubles down and you always want to judge it in your way. I think it is completly wrong.

If you didnt have a similar experience let go mate no one is forcing you to have one, but dont judge a guy who was put through shit for nothing. Trust me you dont need attitude to stand up for what is right....you need a heart.

I have also flown thai on that route.

whilst I'm not usually one to complain I do remember a bizzare incident involving one of the thai cabin crew on the outbound LHR-BKK flight:

I noticed the attendant serving passengers on the other side of the plane some jack daniels.

when the stewardess serving my side of the plane arrived at me I too asked for a jack daniels. the sour-faced bint had a quick look round the trolley and did a 'no have' grunt. I pointed out - as did the couple sitting next to me - that JD was being served on the other side of the plane. she was having none of it, claiming they did not have JD available.

I settled on a beer just to put a stop to a potentially pathetic argument with a nationality that would stand by their answer even when they know they're wrong.

as she moved on to the next row I had a chuckle with the couple sitting next to me at how ridiculous the scenario was as it was clear that JD was available. the grumpy attendant clocked us having a wee laugh at her so she ignored me the rest of the flight. I even had to ask for my meal once she had passed as she 'accidentally' forgot to give me mine.

not my fault she's in a bad mood or too lazy to get the JD from the other trolley dolly. stupid cow. hope she got the boot.

Edited by game4shame

Open ticket is a ticket which can be used any time within 1 year, but it has to be used within the year or it will expire. You can either keep it on a fixed future date or can just leave it open, your choice.

This is mostly done by business guys or travellers who are frequent travellers and have open tickets across regions in order to get themselves a quick flight as and when necessary aviods no delays no booking and reservation hassels. I hope I answered your question.

But don't you confirm a reservation in advance? You could turn up at the airport and be taold all flights were full for the next week.

I dont believe that woman from THAI acted like that, although with a bulls**t attitude like that I would not blame her. Ive been on THAI loads of times long haul and Ive never had a problem at night or morning with the standard of English or the attitude of Thai staff. If somebody acted like that they would not be in a job for very long. Supervisor was near ? Yeah right. You are talking like you were told you did not exist and had no identity!!

whilst I'm not usually one to complain I do remember a bizzare incident involving one of the thai cabin crew on the outbound LHR-BKK flight:

I noticed the attendant serving passengers on the other side of the plane some jack daniels.

when the stewardess serving my side of the plane arrived at me I too asked for a jack daniels. the sour-faced bint had a quick look round the trolley and did a 'no have' grunt. I pointed out - as did the couple sitting next to me - that JD was being served on the other side of the plane. she was having none of it, claiming they did not have JD available.

I settled on a beer just to put a stop to a potentially pathetic argument with a nationality that would stand by their answer even when they know they're wrong.

as she moved on to the next row I had a chuckle with the couple sitting next to me at how ridiculous the scenario was as it was clear that JD was available. the grumpy attendant clocked us having a wee laugh at her so she ignored me the rest of the flight. I even had to ask for my meal once she had passed as she 'accidentally' forgot to give me mine.

not my fault she's in a bad mood or too lazy to get the JD from the other trolley dolly. stupid cow. hope she got the boot.

Thais do close down when found out and at that time of night it's unlikely a manager was available.

Come on, we've all been there. The man or woman who understands what we want, and then jokes with their mates or gets unfriendly, because they know they are at fault, and can't be aresed to do their jobs. But TiT - wha can you do but Jai Yen and all that stuff...

I dont believe that woman from THAI acted like that, although with a bulls**t attitude like that I would not blame her. Ive been on THAI loads of times long haul and Ive never had a problem at night or morning with the standard of English or the attitude of Thai staff. If somebody acted like that they would not be in a job for very long. Supervisor was near ? Yeah right. You are talking like you were told you did not exist and had no identity!!

Its pathetic that people like you exist, I got to the bottom of the situation and also got a reply from the Authorities. They are investigating this issue, so what do you have to say about this? I will give attitude to anyone who thinks that they can get away with bullshit. I am sure you also do, unless you are too lame to just take shit and walk away. Sometimes in life someone has to draw a line between what is right and wrong, many countries got freedom that way my friend. If everyone sat back and took shit in life, then people like you want have a good flying experience, THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!

Or are you the type who wants to experience it yourself and then get into the Realization mood, sad people like you exist as you need to respect someone who stood up for something that is wrong. Never get into a judgemental mode unless you know what really happened.

If you think it is attitude to stand up for what is right then get a life mate and learn to stand up for yourself. Dont sit back and comment of what you think, not really necesaary at this point of time. I will stand up any time when injustice is done to me or to my fellow mates, I am sure its different with you, you will never understand.......

Mate, that sad part of this story is I have received good and bad replys for my posts. I have a majority of guys who shared their bad experience with me, and I have another set who think just because a lady was involved it is my attitude problem. I have tried to reply to most of them and show them some light. The best part with these guys to whom Thia Airways is like family do not realise that the Authorities are in teh process of taking action. I wonder what they have to say when they Thai Authorities find their employees guilty, are all these people going to push their statements and views under the rug them.

People need to understand that every one has different experiences, and some are great and some are bad. And everytime there is a injustice done to someone, if someone stands up it is because he/she has a attitude. Wow, wonder what the World is coming to. Its not like any of the smart mouths are standing in front to sort my issue neither are they trying to investigate what happened, its just what they think of the issue. Does this mean that every time we go through shit we need to shut up and not complain as you might be mistaken to have a bad attitude problem if you complain.

I think it is people like us who weed out the bad elements so that a majority of the customers can fly without aqny issues, how come no one has thought about that. Some one some where and some time has to draw the line, or else every one will get away with bullshit. And the ones who do not move a finger but only comment on those people who stand for a right cause are not doing good to themselves nor to the society they live in. So if they think guys like me have an attitude then go jump off a cliff, I like this attitude to stand up for what is RIGHT, unlike some of you .......what you say matey..Like your Jack Daniel case, hi you got it why dont you serve, it is as simple as that. But now if you raise your voice or complain about the same then you will be branded as a person with bad attitude, just because you raised this concern. This is how this room works. No concern for your space, your feelings its all about them and their experiences. Well cant blame them they were the ones who got the Jack daniels so no reason for them to complain.... :o:D:D:D:D:wai::P