That Other Forum In Hua Hin

harryscott

How can it be that posters to that well known local forum in Hua Hin have their posts radically edited whenever they touch on subjects that impact on their advertisers businesses ?

I had a genuine grievance regarding a Hua Hin realtor and developer and named and shamed them only to find my post edited to a worthless group of words.

Excuse me for stating the obvious but isn't one purpose of a forum to pass on information that might help others steer well clear of people who are less than honest ? But not to receive an anonymous e-mail from a moderator saying we really cannot show this in its present form so we have changed it and hope you don't mind!! Well actually yes I do.

The guys who started the local forum are seemingly not the guys running the show now and my interest, trust and confidence ended when they started taking money from advertisors.

The money was paid to these people on the understanding that any forum critique of them is kept absent but praise is raised to the top of the forum discussion threads.

You started well guys a few years ago but then the game plan changed and financial gain overtook your conscience and professionalism.

Actually, given the strict libel and slander laws, I can understand where they are coming from. It would not be you, the anonymous poster, sued for slander but rather the owner of that site. There are quite a few litigious people living in this country and its something that you perhaps should bear in mind when publicly posting anywhere.

Actually, given the strict libel and slander laws, I can understand where they are coming from. It would not be you, the anonymous poster, sued for slander but rather the owner of that site. There are quite a few litigious people living in this country and its something that you perhaps should bear in mind when publicly posting anywhere.

Yes I agree with you 100% but its neither libel nor slander if the post is 100% factual

Its common knowledge that the guys that run the other site HHAD heavily censor the content if it is derogatory to advertiser's ar their friends.

If you take out the moderators there are only a handfull (12 postee's) over the week, they all know eachother and gang up on anyone or anything that disturb;s their little world.

Not even worth going on really.

You started well guys a few years ago but then the game plan changed and financial gain overtook your conscience and professionalism

that applies to many other forums as well.

the hua hin forum you refer to is not much good for anything now , its mostly subsidised by real estate interests and given the small size of hua hin and the reputation and incestuousness of the hua hin real estate business , i would think the forum owners are not so much afraid of the law of libel , but the law of the jungle.

the hua hin real estate business is , for the most part , run by small people trying to be big people.

if it wasnt for the violence and skullduggery , it would be laughable.

there is no shortage of honest locals willing to sell land and property , it really isnt necessary to have to do business with any of these foreign run outfits , unless , that is , you feel you have to live in one of their toytown ghettos.

You started well guys a few years ago but then the game plan changed and financial gain overtook your conscience and professionalism

the hua hin forum you refer to is not much good for anything now , its mostly subsidised by real estate interests and given the small size of hua hin and the reputation and incestuousness of the hua hin real estate business , i would think the forum owners are not so much afraid of the law of libel , but the law of the jungle.

the hua hin real estate business is , for the most part , run by small people trying to be big people.

there is no shortage of honest locals willing to sell land and property , it really isnt necessary to have to do business with any of these foreign run outfits , unless , that is , you feel you have to live in one of their toytown ghettos.

Very well said taxexile, I could not have put it better myself thx

:o AGREE WITH THE ABOVE WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

The guys that run the forum act like a load of communist censor's, most are Brits, this include's the moderator's, cannot say anything negative about an advertiser, or a freind of their's. You cannot say anything positive or complimentary about a business that doe's not advertise with them either. Would love to see a real problem with these people, as their working doc's are dubious to say the least. Working for the "Asia Times" seems to allow you to take advertising money, sell and rent house, rent cars and motorbike's etc.

I post on the forum mentioned as well as here. I have never had any of my posts censored and have had many a rant. Unlike here where I was suspended for 3 days for asking a question and being off topic ? I have found the moderation on there to be very free. Though talk of moderation is banned so will probably be banned again. Just seems to me a bit of slating the competition ?

An odd thread. New members with few posts complaining about agents and the other hua hin forum and senior members understanding of libel threats.

The other forum has many members worldwide and many more daily threads then here. Room for both it seems.

I wonder what causes so much anger from a few and I notice the guy that was shot (hope still recovering) posted thanks there for the moral support given there.

Some of the claims on this thread are a bit strange, there's twice as many posts on the shooting incident thread on the other forum, yet there's claims of censorship :o

They only seem to edit posts where there are potentially slanderous comments made about local businesses/individuals.

They have nearly 40 no. sponsors that aren't developers or real estate agents, and it's a very popular forum with a lot of daily traffic, as is Thai Visa.

As above post states, room for both forums.

PM

Actually, this entire thread is strange and I really see no point, as H20Dunc points out, to "slate the competition". You have issues with another forum then the owners and moderators of that site is the place you need to take your problems. Not here.