Phuket Airport Parking Fees

chiang mai

Do you know of any other place to park a car for 3 weeks other than the airport? Maybe a lot or on the street?

Last year we parked and our car at the airport and it was vandalized although minor things were taken off it, it still stinks to have to pay 200 baht per day for no security.

What is the cheapest way to get from Chalong circle to the airport? 3 people with just small backpacks.

Thank you

What was shocking was Jungceylon's parking. I remember it was free like 1.5 years ago...... I had to pay 140 bahts yesterday.

If you spend 100 baht in any shop, show receipt, get 3 hours free parking. You must have been there many hours to pay 140 baht ??

What was shocking was Jungceylon's parking. I remember it was free like 1.5 years ago...... I had to pay 140 bahts yesterday.

If you spend 100 baht in any shop, show receipt, get 3 hours free parking. You must have been there many hours to pay 140 baht ??

Well, it's quite handy for Bangla Road... :)

... And secured is also a relative term at Phuket Airport as everybody can drive away without paying. ( but smile at the cashier when you do this :) )

Ha Ha! So it 's not only me. I feel much better. I'd left a car there for ten days, during the time the price had just quadrupled, and which I didn't know about. I made my opinion of this known quite clearly. Air Asia had been three hours late, I wasn't in the mood for any more cr@p, so I just drove off. Nothing happened.

I was there again today, happy to pay THB 200 for the day only, since it was not a surprise and hence a considered choice.

But I notice they have installed big rubber bumps which deter high-speed getaways! :D

Try parking at heathrow, gatwick or manchester and take out mortgae to pay for it,

so what! 200 baht is about 4 quid ,even with the shit exchange rate it's cheap as chips.

clearly you haven't parked at manchester airport long stay, it works out at 5.42 a day fully manned with security 24 hours a day against 4 at phucket, which in my book makes phucket very expensive.

Edited by BusyBee123

yes, I brought my friends to Bangla road :D

Overall parking was around 5.5 hours. So I really don't know how the hourly charges are worked out.

What was annoying was that Jungceylon had already closed for the day and I couldn't find any access to the basement carpark from the front...... had to walk thru' the rear using the car's route. :D

Well, it's quite handy for Bangla Road... :)

• 7 months later...
Hi, I'm going to Singapore from Phuket next monday, and I'll have to leave my car at the parking for 3 days... Should I book in advance, or is there usually parking spots availlable ?

If you think I should book... anyone got their number ?

Kevin

No need to book, just show up and park.

Try parking at heathrow, gatwick or manchester and take out mortgae to pay for it,

so what! 200 baht is about 4 quid ,even with the shit exchange rate it's cheap as chips.

clearly you haven't parked at manchester airport long stay, it works out at 5.42 a day fully manned with security 24 hours a day against 4 at phucket, which in my book makes phucket very expensive.

when was the last time you parked at manchester 1974! http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb....nt/LongStayPark 20 squds a day if you rock up as is only possible method here.

Yeah because earning power is just the same in both places.

Not stalking you, looking for a fight but.... It's all well and good throwing comments like that up in the air, but when you stop and think about it. Minimum wage here is around 200 baht per day. In the UK it's about 52 quid. (5.80 for over 22's x 9 hours) Now I'm not sure where other people were getting their numbers from but on the BAA website, a 12 hour, un booked stay, in a short stay car park at Heathrow is 44.80. (where the crap is the pound sign on a Thai keyboard?) Now with a simple bit of math, that works out as, Phuket airport being roughly equivalent to a days minimum wage, where as in the UK it's about 86% of a days minimum wage. Given that taxation and the income, to cost of living ratio probably favours the Thai worker, and that the places are so different that they are barely comparable anyway, then there's not a huge amount in it.

Not stalking you, looking for a fight but.... It's all well and good throwing comments like that up in the air, but when you stop and think about it. Minimum wage here is around 200 baht per day. In the UK it's about 52 quid. (5.80 for over 22's x 9 hours) Now I'm not sure where other people were getting their numbers from but on the BAA website, a 12 hour, un booked stay, in a short stay car park at Heathrow is 44.80. (where the crap is the pound sign on a Thai keyboard?) Now with a simple bit of math, that works out as, Phuket airport being roughly equivalent to a days minimum wage, where as in the UK it's about 86% of a days minimum wage. Given that taxation and the income, to cost of living ratio probably favours the Thai worker, and that the places are so different that they are barely comparable anyway, then there's not a huge amount in it.

I already had that thought but just couldnt be bothered to do the maths.

Can you kindly advise the short trerm rate? Or its per entry charging once past the grace period?

Dun wanna be charged 200 bahts for parking an hour there to pick up a friend.

Thanks alot

First 15 minutes are free, then it is 20 baht or so, per hour .

And just how many people on minimum wage park their cars at airports?

And just how many people on minimum wage park their cars at airports?

You need to learn to think 'outside the box' a bit! I chose minimum wage because it was an easily obtainable, factual figure. I could just have easily used the average income, or perhaps the average income of any particular job. The problem is, those numbers are much more subjective. If you walk down a UK high street, you will probably have to ask 1000 people before you find someone that earns the average wage, because those figures are blown to sh*t by the greedy bankers with their million pound bonuses, making the average wage much higher than the average person earns. The point, which you missed, was that the ratio, between economies and the amount being charged for a particular service, are almost identical in this case.

Anyway, I think you'll find that a huge percent of package holiday makers to Spain are minimum wage earners, so unless they walked to the airport with their suit cases on their backs, then yes, they probably took a taxi, or parked their car at the airport, which ever was cheaper, which would depend on how far they lived away from the airport.

:) I have parked my motorbike there for up to one week, no problem.This is sample textis iThis is sample texts sample text[/b]

Thanks. I just got back from my trip with no parking problems. For scooters it's free, secured, overnight parking but not covered. If anyone is worried about the elements, you can find a spot under a tree.

heathrow london airport 18 pounds for 24 hours book online save 3 pounds

In a BAA car park?? Is that 18 pounds if you just roll up and only 15 pounds if you book on line?

If that is a BAA car park could you post a link, worth knowing for future reference.