Irishman Threatens To Jump From Balcony With His Baby

sriracha john

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad. I hope he recovers. Where is his wife from issan?

What does it matter where his wife is from? Are you more interested in the birth-place of the wife or the possible place of death of his child?

The comments from some people on here absolutely astound me.

Sounds like someone else who should be sent off with the Irishman for evaluation.

Don't know of anywhere else where someone would be more interested in where the wife came from as opposed to the future safety and well being of thee baby.

Also can't understand the BIB not detaining the Irishman. Dozens of police in attendance, several ambulances and fire appliances plus a hand-full of rescue units meant lots of public money was wasted on this d_ick head as well as businesses in the area losing lots of business they can't afford to loose in the current economic climate.

I'm sure the birth place of the mother is highly relevant – not!

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

Congratulations on your promotion to forum trick cyclist JT I'm sure you will put your extensive qualifications in the field to good use.

To those who slag off the guy, just how many of you have experienced being left in charge of a four month old kid? How many of you have ever even looked after a four month old kid? Sure the guy needs help but the way you lot are going on he'd fare better if he were thrown to the lynch mob. And you guys criticise a man merely because he has tattoos, a great white shark has more humanity in the tip of it's dorsal fin than you lot.

I hope he finds the help he so desperately needs but I know one place he shouldn't bother looking.

My compassion is towards the child. Just pick up a newspaper. Parents murdering children happens quite often and murder-suicides are often part of the picture. It is just too risky for the child to be allowed to live with a man who has already openly threatened to murder him. While I think western societies often go over the top on hysterically protecting children from the real world, this is too much risk and anyone responsible would feel the same. It is a tragedy for the child and the man, but not as tragic as what may have happened, and may still happen if they are not permanently separated. I hardly think I am rabid.

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

YOU bet! a real tough guy eh. as a solo farang dad living in thailand with a 3 year old boy (mum was also a farang) while not ideal, there is no better place to be in this situation with a strong network of support. if he can't handle fatherhood here i don't like his chances back in the emerald isle or anywhere else for that matter. not fit to be taking care of anyone let alone himself in his present state. :o

Should it be legal for men with that many tats to marry?

Seriously, I know this isn't a nanny state but they won't give that baby back to him, will they?

Not sure whether it should be legal or otherwise (to marry) but surely it does give some indication of what sort of nutter he is (and what sort of other nutters that get covered in tattoos like this no hoper)

And before all the other tattooed nutter's jump in. I do have a tattoo.

Clearly his wife would prefer to watch pictures on someone elses TV rather than look at all the pictures on his body.

It might also give some sort of indication or what she was thinking (or what was going thru her mind) when she agreed to marry (or get into bed with this guy) "if he had the tattooes pre meeting her and pre baby"

Leaving the child in his custody is a debatable topic. In Thai society most likely that will occur as we don't have the mentality to intervene upon personal and family matters that have gone beyond sociallly acceptable norms.

Its really impossible to conclude whether he is mentally ill or acting under depression/stress but it would be great if someone could take care of the baby while he gets further counselling (I'd recommend the priest). Not everyone is equally equipped to deal with problems but he should be given the chance to get his act together. In the long term it probably isn't going to work out great if the baby is given up to foster care unless his/her parents are totally irresponsible people.

All in all it ended on the better side so thats good news for me. Life goes on.

Who`s ever heard of an Irishman called, Romeo?

I was just thinking that his name might have been the reason he is a loser. I mean what kid could survive a schoolyard mentally unscathed with a name like Romeo? We should lock up his mom and dad.

I hope he will recover, forget the mother who dumped them both, fly back to Ireland and become a great father.

He has forfeited the right to have that chance in my book, but this being Thailand I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he is with the baby right now.

Irish guy threatens to jump, but with barely any effort you can turn this into another flaw in Thais and Thailand.

In another thread you said:

I am offended by people who make idiotic generalizations ...

...doesn't bother you to do what you find offensive in others!

If he had jumped off while either the cops, priest or his wife, or all 3, were up there, the conspiracist theorists at TV would have went right on this case saying he must have been pushed, drugged or encouraged to jump off etc....

As we don't know all the facts it's just so wrong to harp on about his state of mind or to what effect his wife has had on the situation. Let's hope he gets the help he requires and the best interests of his child are looked after.

My compassion is towards the child. Just pick up a newspaper. Parents murdering children happens quite often and murder-suicides are often part of the picture. It is just too risky for the child to be allowed to live with a man who has already openly threatened to murder him. While I think western societies often go over the top on hysterically protecting children from the real world, this is too much risk and anyone responsible would feel the same. It is a tragedy for the child and the man, but not as tragic as what may have happened, and may still happen if they are not permanently separated. I hardly think I am rabid.

...Well said , just out of curiosity I wonder how many TaT's the bitch had that left him & baby dangling on the edge of despair? :o

:o

If he had jumped off while either the cops, priest or his wife, or all 3, were up there, the conspiracist theorists at TV would have went right on this case saying he must have been pushed, drugged or encouraged to jump off etc....

That is so true 'thaieye', maybe the cops would of been blamed for changing ropes or moving his body in and out of bags :D ....honestly nothing would surprise me with the thai visa super slooths :D