Inexpensive Transport To Suvarnabhumi Airport

vagabond48

I posted this on the Suvarnabhumi Airport Forum but I got very few answers so I thought I would give it a try here.

I am looking for an inexpensive transport to the airport. I am carrying a medium size backpack. My flight leaves at 2:25PM so I guess I don't have to be there until 12:30PM.

I am taking the train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

I have the option of getting off either at Don Muang (arriving 4:30AM) or Hualamphong station (5:30AM).

Does anyone know if the 554 or 555 bus (I am not sure which) is in short walking distance from the Don Muang station?

If I arrive at Hualamphong station, I may wonder a bit by foot so I am flexible where I can pick up the bus.

Is there a direct public bus I can take within 1 hour walking distance from Hualamphong?

Any information would be appreciated

PS: Yes I know taxi is the best way.

Sorry I didn't see that someone started a similar thread.

Edited by vagabond48

I posted this on the Suvarnabhumi Airport Forum but I got very few answers so I thought I would give it a try here.

I am looking for an inexpensive transport to the airport. I am carrying a medium size backpack. My flight leaves at 2:25PM so I guess I don't have to be there until 12:30PM.

I am taking the train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

I have the option of getting off either at Don Muang (arriving 4:30AM) or Hualamphong station (5:30AM).

Does anyone know if the 554 or 555 bus (I am not sure which) is in short walking distance from the Don Muang station?

If I arrive at Hualamphong station, I may wonder a bit by foot so I am flexible where I can pick up the bus.

Is there a direct public bus I can take within 1 hour walking distance from Hualamphong?

Any information would be appreciated

PS: Yes I know taxi is the best way.

Sorry I didn't see that someone started a similar thread.

From Payatta there is a bus 300 bhat that runs I believe 7am up until 7pm I believe. It is at the bus station in Payatta. When the bus arrives at the airport, that same bus returns to Payatta for 300 bhat. Its hard to find the bus, I left the instructions at home where to find it at the airport but look out for it. 2 hour ride.

Yes. You need to cross the footbridge over the highway so you are on the side with the inbound traffic.

You could take the Airport Express bus that starts its route from Hualamphong but it's gonna run you around a bit. The fare is 150 baht (unless it's been increased).

Another option is to take any bus to the Victory Monument, many buses go there, the number 29 from Hualamphong goes there. From the Victory Monument, take the 551 to Suvarabhumi. The 551 is 34 baht and it's a fairly straight shot down Rama 9 Rd.

The 554 or 555 go more-or-less directly from Don Mueang to Suvarnabhumi. (34 baht, something like one hour.) You could also get the bus at Rangsit if the train stops there. No sense dawdling all the way into Hualamphong on the train, when your ultimate destination is Suvarnabhumi. Both buses use the Expressway.

By the way, one very fine way of getting from central Bangkok into Suvarnabhumi is to catch a van from Victory Monument, near the Victory Point restaurant which you can see from the walkway. (70 baht ca 30 minutes.)

I'm sorry but I just have to say it even though you told me not to, how about 300 baht in a taxi?

How much time has been wasted searching the internet and starting new topics on the subject, not to mention the hours it will take on a bus, all for the sake of saving 200 baht.

• 2 weeks later...